SG Live Bet
SG Tipster
Page 11 of 763 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: Living in JB

My Reputation Points: 100122 / Power: 206

Default Re: Living in JB

Thanks a lot, this is a real boon to frequent travellers.
    Share on Twitter

Bros, don't go to apply for the MACS. I went there today with family, thinking of doing the application. Wasted trip.

Turns out you have to apply first online and get it approved, etc. You also need a long term visa, a sponsor or the MM2H thing to get this.

Else, you will have a wasted trip so don't go down for this until you got the details right.

Not sure if there was a sale at the Carrefour at the Sutera Mall today(next door to Tanah Sutera, our dear govt project).

So many SG cars parked there i thought i was in SG.
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 20 / Power: 0

>> Those interested in applying for the sticker can do so at the immigration office at the >> CIQ in Bukit Chagar.
    http://www.nst.com.my/articles/23mac/Article/index_html
    oh, you tried CIQ? from what I read, it's for all Singaporean right? hmmm ....
    it was originally intended only for MM2H or people with company sponsor and have expanded to include all singaporean just recently
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 62 / Power: 5

Quote Originally Posted by wuqi256 View Post
    Bros, don't go to apply for the MACS. I went there today with family, thinking of doing the application. Wasted trip.

Turns out you have to apply first online and get it approved, etc. You also need a long term visa, a sponsor or the MM2H thing to get this.

Else, you will have a wasted trip so don't go down for this until you got the details right.

Not sure if there was a sale at the Carrefour at the Sutera Mall today(next door to Tanah Sutera, our dear govt project).

So many SG cars parked there i thought i was in SG.
    Tks for finding that out the hard way. As usual things are not that straight forward across the causeway - what you see/read is not always what you get. The online application form is found at http://www.imi.gov.my
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 33 / Power: 0

IMHO, i ish prefer places like pontian, batu pahat or kluang, they have lotsa big malls and amenities like JB but not so much crime. houses cheaper. if u like the drive like me.

rental anywhere in johor, forget it, most prob a FT who will just ruin your house. Same here, same there.
    Share on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by lewlian88 View Post
    >> Those interested in applying for the sticker can do so at the immigration office at the >> CIQ in Bukit Chagar.
    http://www.nst.com.my/articles/23mac/Article/index_html
    oh, you tried CIQ? from what I read, it's for all Singaporean right? hmmm ....
    it was originally intended only for MM2H or people with company sponsor and have expanded to include all singaporean just recently
    Nope, it was still the same when i went there yesterday.

The scope of MACS facility is expanded to Singapore Citizens who has
    been issued with the relevant long term immigration pass and
    frequently travel within Malaysia and Singapore for the purpose of
    working, studying and staying in Malaysia.
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 967 / Power: 7

Quote Originally Posted by koKSia View Post
    IMHO, i ish prefer places like pontian, batu pahat or kluang, they have lotsa big malls and amenities like JB but not so much crime. houses cheaper. if u like the drive like me.

rental anywhere in johor, forget it, most prob a FT who will just ruin your house. Same here, same there.
    As long the houses are not near Sillypore, KL, it would be cheap and crimes lesser. Just look at Malacca, not many crimes there. Correct me if I am wrong. Or is it unreported..
    Share on Twitter

Nope, it was still the same when i went there yesterday.

The scope of MACS facility is expanded to Singapore Citizens who has
    been issued with the relevant long term immigration pass and
    frequently travel within Malaysia and Singapore for the purpose of
    working, studying and staying in Malaysia.
    i see, guess the media missed reporting this very important condition
    Share on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by whoami View Post
    As long the houses are not near Sillypore, KL, it would be cheap and crimes lesser. Just look at Malacca, not many crimes there. Correct me if I am wrong. Or is it unreported..
    everywhere also got lah even singapore
    so good to read those crimewatch page, there is one for malaysia, just google
    Share on Twitter

Home to me is anywhere that I feel comfortable
    My Reputation Points: 71 / Power: 7

Does anyone have info on Kempas Utama?
    A business associate of my aunty offered to let us purchase a double storey terrace in this project at a discounted price. (15% off at RM$ 324,591.00 for 2821 sq.ft built up area).
    Can deal onot?
    Share on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Lion_Barbell View Post
    Does anyone have info on Kempas Utama?
    A business associate of my aunty offered to let us purchase a double storey terrace in this project at a discounted price. (15% off at RM$ 324,591.00 for 2821 sq.ft built up area).
    Can deal onot?
    Current launches they have 3 designs. The most expensive one -

Cyberia
    Luxury Double Storey Homes
    Lot Size: 24'x70'
    Built-up: 2,723 sq.ft.
    Promotion Price: From RM375,000
    FREEHOLD

But ur BU diff from above leh. Anyway heres the link for u.

http://www.ioijohor.com/kempasutama/
    Share on Twitter

Home to me is anywhere that I feel comfortable
    My Reputation Points: 71 / Power: 7

Cyberia
    FREEHOLD

Thanks for the link.

I am interested to know more about the location.
    Is it an ulu place? How far away or will it be convenient to commute to Singapore? What's the crime situation there like?

We have queried on the BU area discrepancy and were informed the corner units are slightly larger.

As we do not intend to reside there but use it as a weekend home, what are the possible problems that may arise?
    Share on Twitter

Lion_Barbell, i am not sure about this location but from the map, it seems to be pretty nice, it seems to be near Molek which is a higher class area and close by to amenities. For a place which is more than 2500 sqft, the price is pretty good at the 15%.

I would take it if i have spare cash and this seems pretty accessible. Best thing though is to plan 2-3 visits there. View in the day especially afternoon as well as in the evening. If you like, you can plan to stay overnight at a nearby hotel to kind of get a similar feel and view of staying in that neighbourhood. It will force you to think of amenities, etc.

Good luck for your purchase.
    Share on Twitter

Thanks for the link.

Is it an ulu place? How far away or will it be convenient to commute to Singapore? What's the crime situation there like?

We have queried on the BU area discrepancy and were informed the corner units are slightly larger.

As we do not intend to reside there but use it as a weekend home, what are the possible problems that may arise?
    It looks to be ok but you might need to go via 2nd link on weekends or earlier when using the first link. If you are using it as a weekend home, further inwards is actually ok since you are not going to be using it daily.

BU size is like that, they have slightly smaller or larger units depending on the corner size. Its the same for most development and from what i saw, some corner terraces have a combined garden land size that could rival or bigger than that of a cluster. For your land size over 2800 sqft, i would think its a good buy. Best thing would be to check out the place for yourself and see if you and your family likes it.

If you are not staying there on weekdays, do invest in a good set of grills and locks for the windows and doors. Also remember that furniture is cheap in JB.
    Share on Twitter

Cyberia
    FREEHOLD

Prices and BU size differs unit from unit. Most likely a corner unit with a larger compound since there is a bit more land than one stated for the standard unit.
    Share on Twitter

Thanks for the link.

I havent recce that place yet. So wont be able to help u. But its not yet a matured place. So dont expect much amenites yet. But have a car should be now problem lah. Remember, when Msians tell u it only take 15 or 30 mins to reach certain places, they meant in driving mode. Not like Sillyporean always talk about "walking" mode.

I suppose its Corner lot. Mind u if going by intermediate lot, let say 24 x 70, the corner lot and the extra corner space can be double of the intermediate lot. Big man. Anyway different lot different sizes different prices of course.

Its guarded. So quite safe. But like I say its not a mature "estate" yet..

Prices and BU size differs unit from unit. Most likely a corner unit with a larger compound since there is a bit more land than one stated for the standard unit.
    Yes, the compound can be as big/double the size of an intermediate lot. But I understand from the Developer, Msians are not keen on corner lots. 1st if the price and 2nd lazy to mantain the compound lot. Unless of course one cemented it...
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 138 / Power: 7

I am interested to know more about the location. Is it an ulu place? How far away or will it be convenient to commute to Singapore? What's the crime situation there like?
    The housing estate is stand alone by itself..... no other housing estates nearby. You will have plenty of open land around you.... it's like living in Tuas Probably will need to take another 10-15 years of continous construction for the place to develop into a small town.

Ideal if you like quiet places........ must have your own transport as public transportation services there is zilch ....... easy access if travelling by the highway....... otherwise be prepared for long long walks

Would advise you to join the nearby golfing clubs to make use of their facilities which are very much better than those few exisiting amenities.

At the moment there is not many people living there and the surrounding community is small....... the people are familiar with each other so there's hardly any crime........ families still sleep with their doors open and unlocked
    Share on Twitter

Newest news:

RM350m theme park for Nusajaya
    2009/11/08
    JOHOR BARU: Popular kiddie characters Barney, Thomas and Friends, Bob the Builder and Hello Kitty will be among the attractions at the RM350 million, four-storey indoor theme park slated to be opened to
    the public at the end of 2012.

The park, to be housed at Puteri Harbour in Nusajaya, will boast a floor area of 60,000 sq ft and another 100,000 sq ft of retail space.
    It will also see our very own cartoonist Lat's first-in-Malay- sia themed family restaurant.

Themed Attractions and Resorts (TAR) Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary of Khazanah Nasional, today signed an agreement with HIT Entertainment Ltd, Sanrio Entertainment Ltd and Kampung Boy Sdn Bhd.

TAR also signed an agreement with Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts for the development of a 300-room Traders Hotel, as well as UEM Land, for the construction of the indoor theme park.

Also present at the ceremony was Johor Menteri Besar Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman. According to TAR chief executive officer Tunku Datuk Ahmad Burhanuddin, the indoor theme park would be an additional attraction in Nusajaya and Iskandar Malaysia.
    He said construction of the indoor theme park was expected to commence in the middle of next year.

"The indoor theme park reinforces Iskandar Malaysia as a destination for families with children under 12 years. It further complements the other attraction, following the signing with Legoland Malaysia last year."

-- Bernama
    Headline: RM350m theme park for Nusajaya
    Date: 08/11/09
    Media title: NST
    Section: News
    Page: 18
    Share on Twitter

I finally managed to get MACS for my whole family, its actually easy but have to do online first and you need to of course have a property there.

Went to Danga View to have a look there, not a bad place actually.
    Share on Twitter

Nice place in Danga View.
    Share on Twitter

Thread Information