• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Foreign Beggars Considered TALENTS Too?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>Coffee Shop Talk - more foreign beggars in Singapore?</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">FORUMITES (ficklebug) <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">6:02 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 9) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>1083.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>STOMPer perturbed by sight of beggars in Singapore

STOMPer Mark saw this beggar at Bedok MRT station and says the sight of beggars in Singapore disturbs him.

He says:

"They are seen mostly around the MRT vicinity.

"I am greatly perturbed by this.

"This beggar at Bedok MRT station is one who I see several times since Monday.

"Today (September 2) I saw him at 7.45am and when I was on my way back from work I saw him again at 10.30pm.

"I do pray that our society will not be too fast paced that people who can't cope will be left behind to become beggars."

There have also been recent reports in the various media touching on how 'professionals' from other countries come to Singapore and work in such begging syndicates.

Do send us pictures and tell us when you see them.
getArticlePhoto.do

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

jw5

Loyal
So long it is foreign, it is considered as talent.
Some of these beggars are foreigners and part of syndicates which get a chunk of the money donated to them. They may be pitiful but one wonders how they happen to arrive in Singapore to beg. If they are really needy, shouldn't they be begging in their own country?

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some of these beggars are foreigners and part of syndicates which get a chunk of the money donated to them. They may be pitiful but one wonders how they happen to arrive in Singapore to beg. If they are really needy, shouldn't they be begging in their own country?

Agree, we should give to local beggars only.

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can definitely consider them to be talented when you fall for their antics and be poorer at the end of the day:eek::p