• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Getting out of Sg and to Australia by Studying

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hey guys,

It seems easy to get a PR in Australia if you intend to study in one of the australia universities for at least 2 years, you can hit the 120 point-mark easily. that is provided you are 45 years and below.

Now there is a catch, you got to set aside the cost fee plus the cost of living there for 2 to 3 years.

I estimated to live in an acceptable style, you need S$100k to S$150k. ( Do your own calculation as that is my own personal style level, if you guys bring your wife along, that might be more, make it x2.) So S$200k for an instant family and future there, isn't it worth it?

So you guys who are interested can try to maintain that amount or find ways to support your yearly stay there in some forms of income and you are through.

Oh yes, you can work there as a student as well, so that $100k might not mean u need to really set that amount aside before you move out. It might be lesser as most of the time students will wanna work there to support their own living expenses there.

PS: Such adventure is for anyone who wants to be independent and would not wish to be treated like a child in their own country by their very own govt who thinks that controlling in every aspect of a person's life is their own right way of doing things. In other words, if you are a sinkie, this sort of thing is not for you.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey guys,

It seems easy to get a PR in Australia if you intend to study in one of the australia universities for at least 2 years, you can hit the 120 point-mark easily. that is provided you are 45 years and below.

Now there is a catch, you got to set aside the cost fee plus the cost of living there for 2 to 3 years.

I estimated to live in an acceptable style, you need S$100k to S$150k. ( Do your own calculation as that is my own personal style level, if you guys bring your wife along, that might be more, make it x2.) So S$200k for an instant family and future there, isn't it worth it?

So you guys who are interested can try to maintain that amount or find ways to support your yearly stay there in some forms of income and you are through.

Oh yes, you can work there as a student as well, so that $100k might not mean u need to really set that amount aside before you move out. It might be lesser as most of the time students will wanna work there to support their own living expenses there.

PS: Such adventure is for anyone who wants to be independent and would not wish to be treated like a child in their own country by their very own govt who thinks that controlling in every aspect of a person's life is their own right way of doing things. In other words, if you are a sinkie, this sort of thing is not for you.

That is a good way.
1. Pay your way and get degree and stay on without Aus govt paying a single cent. - The govt will like you and make you a PR.

2. It is a good idea to work when studying. It is a norm for Aussies to take up to 6 years for their degree because they need to work to pay off their expenses. And as long as those Aussies are working towards a degree, the potential employer will take them in for graduate-level work. This is a change in thinking for Singaporeans. But for you as an international student, better get do in 2 years before immigration change. Your part-time work will come in handy when answering job interview questions. With high wages in Australia, it will pay off some of the expenses.

3. There are some degree not worth taking, like Business or Arts. Try to get into Accountancy or Engineering where job demands are high. Before you graduate, the employers will be recruiting at your university. Again, research on what is in demand in Australia. It is easier for Aussie graduate to get a job. But check out on the Bridging Visa and On-shore PR application.

4. The Australian workers are getting older, you will find more job opportunities as the babyboomers retire.

Good luck.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thank you so much for your useful tips and information. I plan to take up an IT Degree, my 2nd one in fact. I already have a commerce degree from Aus.

Meeko

Yes, both of my children have gotten their PR in Australia worked part time while doing uni. One can earn $14 per hour selling ice cream. Melbourne is a good place to start off because the housing is cheaper than Sydney quite substantially. Start planning now, anyone wishes to get out of the sinkapore.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes, both of my children have gotten their PR in Australia worked part time while doing uni. One can earn $14 per hour selling ice cream. Melbourne is a good place to start off because the housing is cheaper than Sydney quite substatially. Start planning now, anyone wish to get out of the sinkapore.

Fantastic.... yahoooo!!!!!! Future is there..

busy123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys,

Uncle, how you calculate? Degree in Oz now is costing 3 year more than than S$150Ks for tuition, books, etc. also need to pay those living exp there. rental, eating food, etc more than S$ 250K-300K for three years all inside. ever got one UNSW contact telling me after working 6 year inside there still cannot pay back family member in sinkapore. maybe ten to fifteen year after can break even.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tonychat,

You may wish to reconsider an IT degree. No doubt that ICT will be in demand because univ enrolment for IT courses are at record low, but IT is a lower paid job these days compared to Engineering.

chaomonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, both of my children have gotten their PR in Australia worked part time while doing uni. One can earn $14 per hour selling ice cream. Melbourne is a good place to start off because the housing is cheaper than Sydney quite substantially. Start planning now, anyone wishes to get out of the sinkapore.

Actually, they should try and get job at woolies or coles.. I was in syd enjoying work in the supermarket and getting paid $18 an hour without loading.
Best are sundays, double the pay! :smile:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tonychat,

You may wish to reconsider an IT degree. No doubt that ICT will be in demand because univ enrolment for IT courses are at record low, but IT is a lower paid job these days compared to Engineering.

I am looking into software design or even something to do with linux. It seems that these are in demand.

guy2100

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do they have other ways to live and work there temporarily? I want to test the water before jumping into the pool.

Ridler

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, they should try and get job at woolies or coles.. I was in syd enjoying work in the supermarket and getting paid $18 an hour without loading.

But housing in syd is quite expensive, right?

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
The biggest mistake of my life was rejecting a scholarship by an Aussie uni. A no-bond, no strings attached scholarship. I wanted to study in the US/UK and thought i could get into their top schools. Boy was I wrong. And i didn't know about sg's state of affairs then, so there was no "leave or die" factor pushing me.

If i had said yes, I'd have never looked back. And still can migrate to north america via australia.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal

$14/hr for selling icre cream
$18/hr as a supermarket assistant

How to do business there man? Can go bust just trying to pay the staff wages.