• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sense of home

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
A propaganda show to make Ex/Sinkies out there to feel home sick?

What: Sense Of Home is the first local English drama series filmed entirely overseas. It is a collection of four stories about Singaporeans abroad — living, working, travelling ... or simply lost.

Follow, for example, the adventure of Marcus and Caroline, two Singaporeans long-settled in Siem Reap who have an awakening of sorts when they are trapped in a rural Cambodian village after an accident.

The series features popular local faces like Rui En, Fiona Xie, Edmund Chen, Andrea De Cruz and Asian Idol Hady Mirza, acting alongside local actors from each of the foreign countries.

When: Premieres Sept 14, Sunday, 10pm.

Oh! My roots is so Sinkapore!:rolleyes:

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pappies propaganda machine knows that they cannot find sinkees abroad to say the things they want, so they create a programme to fool the 66.6 % further. How pathetic.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pappies propaganda machine knows that they cannot find sinkees abroad to say the things they want, so they create a programme to fool the 66.6 % further. How pathetic.

Pathetic and futile attempt, at best it would discourage or weed out the weak willed ones from emigrating which is really doing a favour to the host countries.
It is the weak willed ones who would otherwise crawl back to S'pore at the slightest encounter with difficulties.

The PAP should realise NO amount of cyberspace or Media based propaganda is going to work well because the strong and capable ones who have successfully emigrated do come back for holidays to visit friends and relatives and their word spreads around their own circle of friends in S'pore.

And S'pore friends do go abroad for holidays to visit their emigrated friends to see for themselves the REAL situation.

There are already 50,000 S'poreans in Australia alone not counting the world. Multiply that with the number of friends and relatives they have in S'pore they would have visited in S'pore or vice versa.

Now who would you believe, your own successfully emigrated friends' words & your own personal experiences while visiting them or some PAP run MediaCorp Campaign?

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Home is "jobs for foreigners, NS for singaporeans"... what a load of bullshit from the pap govt...

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
they are using kinship,"qin chin",family's ties,friendship,loneliness to try to bring back those Singaporean.
though a bit unrealistic,but must give them credit for trying.

splintuh

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what the fees from our TV/Radio Licences are used for, National education programmes. This one sounds expensive, esp if large parts were filmed overseas.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal

What: Sense Of Home is the first local English drama series filmed entirely overseas. It is a collection of four stories about Singaporeans abroad — living, working, travelling ... or simply lost.

Follow, for example, the adventure of Marcus and Caroline, two Singaporeans long-settled in Siem Reap who have an awakening of sorts when they are trapped in a rural Cambodian village after an accident.

The series features popular local faces like Rui En, Fiona Xie, Edmund Chen, Andrea De Cruz and Asian Idol Hady Mirza, acting alongside local actors from each of the foreign countries.

Well, I think most of these guys hadn't been staying overseas for awhile, and hence. Either that, they just wanna get paid and will do anything to get paid.

Either way, they hadn't been in Perth or in any country for a long time.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, I think most of these guys hadn't been staying overseas for awhile, and hence. Either that, they just wanna get paid and will do anything to get paid.

Either way, they hadn't been in Perth or in any country for a long time.

The futile and desperate propaganda attempt obviously shows that the PAP are either in complete denial of the real situation that is causing MORE and MORE S'poreans emigrating or they are totally OUT of TOUCH with the ground and have failed to realise what is causing the phenomenon.

The problem is the PAP themselves who have rendered conditions that are making people leave in droves (voting with their feet), unless that is reversed or changed, no amount of tax payer funded media propaganda is going to work effectively.

krazyme

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays, this place is getting less and less like what i had in my memory. Everywhere you go, you can hear all sorts of unfamiliar language/dialects murmuring within the crowds. For a moment, I always have the deja vu that I'm still backpacking through the various countries during my younger days.

Home is getting like a workplace, making money and nothing else.

exSINgaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
" the strong and capable ones who have successfully emigrated do come back for holidays to visit friends and relatives and their word spreads around their own circle of friends in S'pore."

You are right. I was one of them who came back last month for 3 weeks. I encourage all my friends to immigrate out of SINgapoor.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
" the strong and capable ones who have successfully emigrated do come back for holidays to visit friends and relatives and their word spreads around their own circle of friends in S'pore."

You are right. I was one of them who came back last month for 3 weeks. I encourage all my friends to immigrate out of SINgapoor.

Alright... Good for you....

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A propaganda show to make Ex/Sinkies out there to feel home sick? ...
funny, ppl feel homesick naturally ... tis 1 hv 2 tel others 2 feel homesick ...

... Follow, for example, the adventure of Marcus and Caroline, two Singaporeans long-settled in Siem Reap who have an awakening of sorts when they are trapped in a rural Cambodian village after an accident.

get real! ...

how many immigrated 2 cambodia, huh? ...

oso, as usual, hv 2 oways show ze bad side of others 2 show dat u r gd ...

:rolleyes:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal

FYI this propaganda bullshit is available on UTUBE

Actually I watched 2 episodes, I think they really did a bad job of convincing Sinkies from emigrating....lol...

Last edited: