• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What my Thai friend thinks about Singaporean

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have an interesting conversation with my Thai friend. I ask her what she thinks about Singaporean truthfully.

She told me that Singaporeans as in what other thais think:

1. overly discplined
  2. Mechanical
  3. Smart
  4. No sex appeal

She find it hilarious that SG govt is trying all sorts of attempt to boost birth rate.

If you have any thai friends you can ask them. This Thai friend of mine speaks better English than most sinkies.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So does all the above apply to you since ur also a sinkee?????

I guess that's why she's just your friend. :cool:

Oh you think too much. I have female friends but that does not mean i need them to be my lover. Not all female frens are for lovers, some are just suitable for frens.

That is a true view from thai people. I am just wondering if any bros here agree with it.

eRRoRist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everybody is entitled to their own opinions. However I do not agree with what your perfect english speaking friend or her "entire thai population" thinks about Singaporean. To put it simply we don't even need to care because nobody can make 1 statement and say it applies to EVERYONE. If they think they can, then it only shows how shallow they are.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Everybody is entitled to their own opinions. However I do not agree with what your perfect english speaking friend or her "entire thai population" thinks about Singaporean. To put it simply we don't even need to care because nobody can make 1 statement and say it applies to EVERYONE. If they think they can, then it only shows how shallow they are.

Why you dun agree? That is what generally the thais think. which part u dun agree?

am55

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. overly discplined
  2. Mechanical
  3. Smart
  4. No sex appeal

If you have any thai friends you can ask them. This Thai friend of mine speaks better English than most sinkies.

hi,
i hav many friends in tis region thais,indon......... Mostly the people in tis region see us as a country with hardworking people but with no soul. They view as a robotic nation with no passion, they think we are lucky but they are really not envious.

eRRoRist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why you dun agree? That is what generally the thais think. which part u dun agree?

I disagree with how she generalize the entire Singapore population and think she can speak for the every Thai. Of course there are ppl who behave like how she described but there are also ppl who are not like that??

Don't you hate it when you see guys who after they have a few years of interaction with PRCs, Thais, Viets, or another other country, start thinking that they know everything about their country, their culture and people. Then start making sweeping statements like they are this and that failing to realize that his opinions are on the people he met and does not apply to a billion people in PRC for i.e.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I disagree with how she generalize the entire Singapore population and think she can speak for the every Thai. Of course there are ppl who behave like how she described but there are also ppl who are not like that??

Don't you hate it when you see guys who after they have a few years of interaction with PRCs, Thais, Viets, or another other country, start thinking that they know everything about their country, their culture and people. Then start making sweeping statements like they are this and that failing to realize that his opinions are on the people he met and does not apply to a billion people in PRC for i.e.

It is not just an opinion of her but on what most of other thais think and that is her information.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi,
i hav many friends in tis region thais,indon......... Mostly the people in tis region see us as a country with hardworking people but with no soul. They view as a robotic nation with no passion, they think we are lucky but they are really not envious.

Yes, it seems similar of what they think. I kind of like the part when she mention no sex appeal. ha ha ha. NO wonder i find thai gals more attractive.

tenggiri

Alfrescian
Loyal
How true! The Singaporean's English is an embarassment to the world.

Are you kidding me bro bebo?? :confused: Name me one other asian country that has English literacy rate as high as ours. Dun be taken in by all the garment propaganda about how we must speak queen's english and all that. Every society has its own cultural and ethnic roots and thus language will evolve accordingly.

tenggiri

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Thais have a language. Singaporeans don't.

And your point is, boss!? Our ethnic mix prevents us from having our own national tongue becos most of us are just 2nd or 3rd generation descendants of migrants from around Asia.

English was chosen as a common medium becos of history (colonisation) and my point is why be embarassed as it is almost our national language liao!

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Everybody is entitled to their own opinions. ...put it simply we don't even need to care because nobody can make 1 statement and say it applies to EVERYONE. If they think they can, then it only shows how shallow they are.
..generalize the entire Singapore population and think she can speak for the every Thai. ...Don't you hate it when you see guys who after they have a few years of interaction with PRCs, Thais, Viets, or another ..Then start making sweeping statements
Whilst we shd be able to take a dig at ourselves, the flip side also applys. Look no further beyond the sex forum as to generalisation on traits of thai gals (for better or worse).

It's all too easy to post some personal, subjective opinions (maybe even "controversial", to stir up debate).. and take cover, as it's always espoused by some friend. Nobody's short of quotes, real or by own creativity
tengiri said:
And your point is,..
leongsam said:
Thais have a language. Singaporeans don't.
Countries like thailand with realities of own language and more homogeneous in demographics than us, do not have to use english in day to day life (unless trades demand so). Unlike us, it's almost institutionalised. Hand me down from colonial past too?

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Are you kidding me bro bebo?? :confused: Name me one other asian country that has English literacy rate as high as ours. Dun be taken in by all the garment propaganda about how we must speak queen's english and all that. Every society has its own cultural and ethnic roots and thus language will evolve accordingly.

Philippines and... anyone wanna contribute?

maituleow

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. overly discplined
  2. Mechanical
  3. Smart
  4. No sex appeal

Pray tell your thai friend what we singaporeans think of Thai Girls

1. Good for sex
2. famous for sex
3. paid for sex

I presume your thai friend meant this rather then your interpretation:

Singaporeans are SMART to act mechanical and are overly disciplined with no sex appeal because 7 out of 10 are married and need to be like that in front of their OC or girlfriend..

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

1. overly discplined
  2. Mechanical
  3. Smart
  4. No sex appeal

I've lived in Thailand for years and still visit there frequently. I suspect that "Singaporeans" means you and "other Thais" means her, and "think" means what she thinks of you.

For example, instead of bluntly saying that she thinks that you're overly disciplined and mechanical, smart but without sex appeal, she diplomatically went around the bush by saying that "other Thais" think that "Singaporeans" are overly disciplined and mechanical, smart but without sex appeal.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You're implicitly equating speaking good English to some kind of intellectual superiority. Now you're self-manifesting a snobbish trait of Singaporeans who are criticised for colonial hangover and Pinkerton syndrome.