• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Today's Scripture Reading

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
All my Sammyboy thread users,

This is a new thread I am starting - Today’s Scripture Reading. The purpose of this thread is to encourage one another among born-again Christians (and non-Christians too are encouraged to read too). I fully respect your right to comment on this thread but my most humble request is that no abusive language, insult or any offensive language should be used to offend on another or faith of other religions. In the face of the daily challenges – diseases, economic downturns, family issues, personal relationship problems, etc. we need the power of God of the Bible to sustain us. Jesus is all-powerful and we can trust Him to provide us the strength to conquer all uncertainties. Finally, my sincere apologies again, and if this thread is ‘offensive’ to you - please skip or just ignore it.

Today’s Scripture Reading:
[All scriptures are taken from King James Version]

These things I command you, that ye love one another. [John 15:17]

We have just witnessed the bombing of 2 hotels in Jakarta. The victims of family members are surely saddened by the death of their love ones – many of them have achieved outstanding career. The world is currently not at peace and no single person should solely be held responsible for the current sorry state of the world affair. This is the problem of the world at large and everyone should take some responsibilities in one way or another. Since the fall of creation after Adam and Eve, nations are at war with one another for the last 4,000 to 5,000 years. All we can do now is to pray that through our love and the realization that only real love can bring peace, such events will not cease. Let’s collectively pray for love, peace, understand and tolerance. Jesus is here to help and through the Holy Spirit, we can succeed. God bless you.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Luke 12:49"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! 50But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is completed! 51Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."

be careful on those who always say how much they love you. He came not to bring peace but division. If you ever see father against son, son against father, mother againsy daughter,,, etc etc, look out because you will know WHO is at work,,,,,,,

cheers

have a beautiful sunday

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today’s Scripture Reading [July 20, 2009]
[All scriptures taken from King James Version]

Bread of deceit is sweet to a man; afterward his mouth shall be filled with gravel. [Psalm 20:17]

The years 2008 and 2009 saw some of the most horrific cheatings cases that we have ever known and the most infamous one being the Madoff’s Ponzi scheme. Billions of dollars and ten of thousands people were cheated, many of them had their life savings just disappeared overnight. To date, several victims have taken their own lives because they could not bear the losses. At home, we too saw quite a few cheating cases. These cheats just cheat anyone from professionals to uneducated old people to students. Just like no one is immune to cancer, no one too is immune to cheating. All we can do is to exercise more care and wisdom before we part our hard-earned money or making any investment. One warning, though – quick money rarely happens – there is always a catch in all ‘make-quick-money’ schemes.

Easy monies that acquired through cheating may taste like honey at first but in the end the laws will catch up with the cheats and the swindlers.

Let’s uphold and strengthen the victims of those who were cheated of their monies and their family members with our daily prayer.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today’s Scripture Reading [July 21, 2009]

Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. [Matthew 11:28-30]

We live in very uncertain times and we all know that nothing is constant. However there is an exception and that is ‘change’. This is the only constant we face everyday. For better or for worse, we have to cope with these changes as they come along. We must realize however that we are not alone. We have our Heavenly Father who understands our thoughts, our pains, our emotions and all that is within us. He will give us rest and comfort. Let’s put our trust in Him and He will give you strength to cope with the changes. Needless to say that there are some changes that bring positive results and when such things happen, always remember to give thanks to our Savior, Lord Jesus.

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Today’s Scripture Reading [July 21, 2009]

Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. [Matthew 11:28-30]

We live in very uncertain times and we all know that nothing is constant. However there is an exception and that is ‘change’. This is the only constant we face everyday. For better or for worse, we have to cope with these changes as they come along. We must realize however that we are not alone. We have our Heavenly Father who understands our thoughts, our pains, our emotions and all that is within us. He will give us rest and comfort. Let’s put our trust in Him and He will give you strength to cope with the changes. Needless to say that there are some changes that bring positive results and when such things happen, always remember to give thanks to our Savior, Lord Jesus.

DeY, I CUM ON U, NEED TO PAY?

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today’s Scripture Reading [July 22, 2009][All scriptures taken from King James Version]

…except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. [Luke 13:3]

One of the most important doctrines in the Bible is the doctrine of repentance. It is, however, one of the least preached topics in the church. This is because few like to hear about it. Repentance is more than just say sorry to God. It is turning away from all sin. That’s a very difficult thing to do.

When it comes to wrong doings – whether they are against men or against God – I am one of the greatest culprits. Several months ago, the Holy Spirit led me to search of my past wrong doings and sin. I did and I started to recall them from the time I started working. I just couldn’t believe – there were so many people that I had offended and sinned against and their names came down to me like telephone directory from A to Z! Many of the wrong doings (or sin) that I have committed were due to jealousy, hatred, pride and covetousness. I recalled that there were also many sin that I have committed that due to worldly desire of greed and lust. In my most humble admission, I since then tried earnestly to repent and consciously avoid making similar wrong doings (or sin). I must say that I have failed now and then but God is gracious – He gives me opportunity every day to repent. In your prayer, please continue to remember me and ask the Holy Spirit to strengthen me so that I can live a life fully pleasing to him.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, would you allow others to add to your thread articles too?

I can understand if you rather not.

Do advise.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi brother,

By all means...by as I have mentioned, this thread is to give encouragement to born-again Christians. We must not use any abusive language or insult others especially faith of other religions. We must respect everyone.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today’s Scripture Reading [July 23, 2009]

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? [Matthew 27:56]
When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost. [John 19:30]

These few words – “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me”, and “It is finished” were spoken by Jesus when He was hung on the cross. When He was hanging on the cross, Jesus carried all the known sins of the world up to His time and also sins of the future that men would create. Men are atrociously clever in inventing sin. God, the Father demands 100% purity and He could not bear to see His only Son being contaminated by all these sins (past, present and future) so much so that God the Father temporarily turned away from His Son. Before Jesus took the last breathe, He cried out “It is finished”. Jesus has paid the final price for us by offering Himself as a sacrifice fully acceptable to God, the Father.

We are therefore free now. However, we must not use our freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God and pray continuously for God’s wisdom to live a life fully acceptable to Him.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Psalm 23:1 "The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not want."

In today's day and age, the essence of what is right and wrong becomes blurred. Many believe in the gods of their truth, pursuing the paths of their own righteousness. Thus they become saints in their own sight.

But fundamental things in life carry a right or wrong answer. Black or white.

The question is thus, whose white and whose black?

The affirmation that the Lord is my Shepherd means that I trust in him, completely for everything - including my morality and my understanding of morals.

Thus, the decision of right and wrong rests in Jesus Himself. And as my Shepherd, He leads me into His Decision.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today’s Scripture Reading [July 24, 2009]

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. [Psalm 19:1]

Many people have just witnessed one of the glorious events in the creation – the solar eclipse which plunged some countries into total darkness for over six minutes. This is one of the longest solar eclipses in the recorded history. But this is only a tiny glimpse of what our Creator has really created. As declared in Psalm 19:1, if we all look into the sky, we can see countless stars and other celestial bodies which testified the greatness of God. Great ancient philosophers and astronomers, though with all their wisdom, estimated that at most there were only few thousand stars in the sky. However, the Bible which was written several thousand years ago already told us that they are like the number of grains of sand on the beach. In fact, the number of stars in the sky remains unknown in spite of the fact that we have a very powerful telescope, the Hubble Telescope to view them. Although some scientists estimated there may be several billion trillions of stars but the fact is they are just simply countless, and God has given a name to each star [Psalm 147:4]. In addition to these stars, there are countless planets orbiting around them and each of these planets (and stars as well) have completely different physical and properties just like the physical properties among the planets in our solar system.

When we are redeemed with the Lord, we will be able to see His glorious creation directly. We will be exploring the beauty of the Lord’s creation throughout the universe and praising Him every moment They are purely created by our loving Father, Lord Jesus for our enjoyment throughout eternity. But we must remember: nothing is more precious than the human race God has created so much so that He died for us because of our sin [John 3:16]. Even the most beautiful star or planet that He has created cannot compare to the human soul. Each and every one of us are just simply too precious for Him. We may find short-comings in ourselves and in others, but Jesus finds pleasure in us and is waiting anxiously for us. Thank you Lord Jesus for your thy loving kindness which is better than life.

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey guys/gals,

what's your opinions on Romans 1:17?

You evil bastard.

All roads lead to Rome from the teachings. The final destination is that people are all conned to pay their tithes. What a great evil way to get money. Same priniple as Madoff con job !!:oIo:

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today’s Scripture Reading [July 25, 2009]
[All Scripture references are from King James Version]

Proverbs 25:11 (King James) tells us, “A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.”

These words were spoken by King Solomon, one of wisest men in the world. We all know that words can heal and can hurt. Often when we speak, we may know all the facts and know what to say. However, we may not give enough and careful thought of how they are said.

Words once spoken are impossible to retrieve, so let’s try to remember APPLES each time we speak:

A Are my words APPROPRIATE?
"A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it!" Proverbs 15:23

P Are my words PLEASANT?
"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." Proverbs 16:24

P Are my words PURE?
"The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life..." Proverbs 10:11

L Are my words LOVELY?
"And all bare him [Jesus] witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth...." Luke 4:22

E Are my words ENCOURAGING?
"Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad." Proverbs 12:25

E Are my words SOFT?
"A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger” Proverbs 15:1

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you want more indepth Bible commentaries and expositions, actually, there are alot of resources in the web. Just key in the key words and you can get alot of them. Many of these are written by well-known church pastors and scholars. So, my friend who asked about Romans 1:17, just key Romans 1:17, Bible exposition, commentaries in the google or yahoo, you will have alot of them. God bless and happy Bible study.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ps 23:1 "The Lord is My Shepherd. I shall not want."

Lately there had been some disillusionment of some under-shepherds who had been placed to care for the sheep.

For whatever reasons, questions arise regarding their integrity or even sincerity in looking after the sheep. Perhaps they will not kill the sheep but certainly they shear the sheep's wool for their own benefit.

If you hold to such beliefs, then cynicism arise.

The question then arise, to whom can I trust?

The psalmist gave the answer - Christ.

Christ who said he is the true shepherd, that his sheep hears his voice and trust him; that his sheep knows that as their shepherd, he is willing to die for them in order to defend them; that he cares for them and looks after them. That he value his sheep, not because of what money he can gain from them but because they are his precious sheep.

The cure to cynicism is therefore to look away from the under-shepherds and turn your eyes once more to Christ.

Christ who will not take advantage of you. Christ who has integrity. Christ who is sincere towards you. After all, he created you, not the under-shepherds.

Then we can say with confidence and perfect faith, "Christ is my Shepherd, I shall not want'.

To the cynics here: move away from the pastors or pestors or whatever you call them. Turn your eyes to Christ instead. In Him, you will find true integrity and sincerity towards you and your well-being.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today’s Scripture Reading [July 26, 2009]

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. [Psalm 1:1]

The word ‘blessed’ is used many times in the Bible. It denotes happiness, joy, thankfulness and divine favor from God. This verse tells us to choose friends carefully. If we, as born-again Christians, are not careful with friends, little by little we can fall into the worldly sins. At all cost, avoid people who have the habit of telling lies, frequent unwholesome entertainment outlets, using curse words, telling coarse jokes especially using jokes to mock at God.

We have to understand the principle that certain things corrupt, they tear down and destroy while other things build, develop, make fruitful, and give the capacity and means for happiness through trust and fellowship with God. We must therefore be mindful that we should choose those friends who will help us (and we too will help them) to build and develop closer relationship with God because happiness has to do with God and without Him nothing will satisfy us.

Let’s remember always: Jesus is very concerned with the way we live and nothing can please Him more than when we choose to live and obey His commandments.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today’s Scripture Reading [July 27, 2009]

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. [Proverbs 1:7]

Worldly success is usually determined by the amount of wealth we accumulated, the types of jobs we hold, or the position we held. Bible teaches, however, successful life begins and progresses with a right relationship with God, called in Proverbs fear of the Lord.

Human beings are fearful of almost everything and anything so much so that scientific names are given to them. For example, fearing of height is known as acrophobia, fearing of speaking before a group: topophobia, fearing of insects: entomophobia, fearing of darkness: nyctophobia, fearing of loneliness: monophobia, fearing of financial problems: atephobia.

But there is one fear we all ought to fear, and that is the fear of God. By fearing God, we humble ourselves and we will care less for our own glory and more for God’s glory. By fearing God, we too acknowledge His greatness, that He is all-knowing and all-powerful. We must therefore respect Him, and we must humbly obey His commandments, or we will have to accept the consequences of our misplaced pride.

Oswald J. Chambers, a prominent early twentieth century Scottish Protestant Christian minister, teacher and author once said: The remarkable thing about fearing God is that when you fear God, you fear nothing else, whereas if you do not fear God, you fear everything else.