• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Canadian PR

Time2Evacuate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello brother [nayr69sg],

I am so happy for you, after we met for dinner about 9 years ago, that your character and determination to build a new life in Canada, knowing that you have chosen not to practise medicine in Canada, has steered you in the right direction. We still have that photo from our visit to Singapore in Jan or Feb 2004. It is preferred to keep all your options open, to practise medicine or the land business. [ I qualified as a CA in Toronto, but chose not to do accounting work, but chose another profession, but remained as a seminar leader at the ICAO's School of Accountancy from 1986 to 1994. ] As I indicated earlier, I believe that you will be successful, content, satisfied and at peace with your chosen path.

I re-read that post by the other individual, and based on what he wrote, it gave me the impression that you have tried for several years or a few years (or in his words, some years), and you have not been "fully licensed" to practise medicine.
You have explained that you have been in Edmonton for about 2.5 years.

To be accurate, and I believe that your most recent post
[ "Actually I have only been in Canada for 2.5 years. I settled in Aug 2010. Took me some time to get my credentials source
verified from NUS. I was allowed to take the first exam (MCCEE) in Nov 2011. The next earliest exam for the MCCQE1 was in May 2012.
Registration to AIMGP opened June 2012. The NAC OSCE exam was held in September 2012. The MMI exam in Nov 2012.
Carms opened Dec 2012. My interview with U of Calgary was Feb 2013. So effectively I did not "try" for several years.
It was about just over a year."
]
explained it clearly, that you did not take "some years" to be fully licensed, but although you have been in Edmonton for about 2.5 years, you started or began the process to try to practise medicine in Alberta, in Nov 2011 (which I will submit that you tried at the earliest opportunity), and it is taking its normal course (not that you tried and failed, or took an unusually or unreasonably longer time to be fully licensed). I am confident that you will be fully licensed (whatever that means) within a reasonable time period.

Congratulations, and take care.
May the Risen Lord be generous with His Blessings upon you and your family.

Man up and apologize to me for falsely accusing me of stating untrue things lah.

It is now quite clear who is right and who is wrong. The record above speaks for itself.

"Some" years is not "several" years. I never said it took him "several" years. You are the one who used that word to accuse me. "Some" can mean 2, or can mean 3, or can mean 4 or 5. You go interpret it or let it have whatever impression on your mind you wish, but don't come out and accuse me of stating untrue facts about another person.

And I note this linguistics issue is aside and in addition from the MAIN point of your accusation, accusing me of falsely stating that he has not yet obtained full licensure. He himself stated that he is not yet fully licensed in Alberta as of now. It is a simple matter wah, whether he is fully licensed or not. I think a simple phone call or email message to the AB licensing board can verify this.

So don't try to fudge the issue and don't put words in my mouth.

Why don't you just man up? You are the one who started the false accusation and made an issue out of nothing by so accusing me.

You should just man up and apologize to me.

Last edited:

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tried a few sashimi places in GTA and had some salmon sashimi off C.Superstore (the regular entire fillet; can't recall the price) the taste and quality is markedly better than back home in SG. I appreciate this small affordable luxury here once in a while.

Is there a significant difference in salmon fillet prices across the provinces?

You saw those prices from Charlie in the east, sale price around $6. I believe that is Atlantic Salmon. The sale price for Atlantic Salmon in the west, from my photos is about $7. Looks like prices are close.

I don't know how much is Sockeye Salmon in the east. Sockeye Salmon is from the Pacific ocean, so it might be more expensive in the east? As opposed to that, Atlantic Salmon from the Atlantic ocean is the same price between east and west. Atlantic Salmon is even more expensive than Pink Salmon in the west, Pink Salmon is from the Pacific. Maybe where the fish came from in relation to the place where it is sold does not impact the price. Atlantic Salmon taste much better than Pink Salmon so maybe that is why it is more expensive. The best salmon is of course Sockeye Salmon.

indig10

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Wendy. So Sockeye > Atlantic > Pink. I will try the sockeye salmon one of these days.

Charlie, do you know where to get good salmon in downtown TO or around it? I hope it's not Saint Lawrence Market even though that place is quaint and nice in its own way.

You saw those prices from Charlie in the east, sale price around $6. I believe that is Atlantic Salmon. The sale price for Atlantic Salmon in the west, from my photos is about $7. Looks like prices are close.

I don't know how much is Sockeye Salmon in the east. Sockeye Salmon is from the Pacific ocean, so it might be more expensive in the east? As opposed to that, Atlantic Salmon from the Atlantic ocean is the same price between east and west. Atlantic Salmon is even more expensive than Pink Salmon in the west, Pink Salmon is from the Pacific. Maybe where the fish came from in relation to the place where it is sold does not impact the price. Atlantic Salmon taste much better than Pink Salmon so maybe that is why it is more expensive. The best salmon is of course Sockeye Salmon.

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
The prices were for Atlantic Salmon.
I am fully aware of the different types of salmon and the prices.
In spring, I may buy and eat fresh wild red sockeye salmon, but since our children do not like it, I usually buy fresh Atlantic salmon.
Once in a while, I will buy Chilean sea bass, and steam it (at Domenic's, sometimes as low as $30 pound).
We rarely eat frozen fish or frozen food.

Out of curiosity, how much is Sockeye Salmon where you are?

OMG, $30/pound for Chilean sea bass? Very expensive, that is a fish for millionaires!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Man up and apologize to me for falsely accusing me of stating untrue things lah.

It is now quite clear who is right and who is wrong. The record above speaks for itself.

"Some" years is not "several" years. "Some" can mean 2, or can mean 3, or can mean 4 or 5. You go interpret it or let it have whatever impression on your mind you wish, but don't come out and accuse me of stating untrue facts about another person.

Don't put words in my mouth.

So, why don't you just man up? You are the one who started the false accusation.

You should just man up and apologize to me.

Ok I man up. I apologize. Sorry for misleading everyone.

Actually I am delusional. I am not a doctor. I am a cab driver in Edmonton. Life is very tough but I dowan to admit defeat so try and try drive my cab day and night.

time2evacuate is correct. wendypoh is also correct. Canada is very bad.

very expensive and no jobs. don't come to canada. please please....very sorry....

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I belong to neither of these groups. So I think I should support the negative camp!

Yes please write more bad things about Canada. It is a god awful place. And I am a sucker for punishment and insist on staying in this lousy place and suffer for years to come.

DO NOT COME TO CANADA. Listen to Wendy and Time2evacuate and myself. Please please for your sake, for my sake DO NOT FOOL YOURSELF INTO COMING!!!!

brother [nayr69sg],

I agree.
I prefer it when there are fewer immigrants.
Canada is not perfect, and in fact has numerous "negatives":
1. very long and cold winter;
2. relatively high personal income tax rates, exigible at comparatively low taxable income;
3. not very efficient, and not very clean (physically clean and corruption free) like other countries;
4. not as immigrant friendly as a few other countries;
5. the govt does not go out of its way to make it easier for immigrants like a few other countries;
6. relatively high HST rate of 13%;
7. some immigrants may find it difficult to integrate, or to find a position / career which they had in their home country;
8. others may wish to add to this list.

Last edited:

Time2Evacuate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok I man up. I apologize. Sorry for misleading everyone.

Actually I am delusional. I am not a doctor. I am a cab driver in Edmonton. Life is very tough but I dowan to admit defeat so try and try drive my cab day and night.

time2evacuate is correct. wendypoh is also correct. Canada is very bad.

very expensive and no jobs. don't come to canada. please please....very sorry....

Nayr69sg, my demand of apology was not directed at you lah. You did nothing wrong.

It was directed at Charlie69.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks Wendy. So Sockeye > Atlantic > Pink. I will try the sockeye salmon one of these days.

Charlie, do you know where to get good salmon in downtown TO or around it? I hope it's not Saint Lawrence Market even though that place is quaint and nice in its own way.

St. Lawrence Market is one of the better places to buy fresh salmon.
Otherwise, the major grocery stores (the bigger locations), such as Loblaws, Sobeys, Metro.
May be Kensington Market.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Out of curiosity, how much is Sockeye Salmon where you are?

OMG, $30/pound for Chilean sea bass? Very expensive, that is a fish for millionaires!

Fresh wild sockeye salmon when in season, about $20 a pound.
Chilean sea bass in the range of $30 to $42 a pound. We buy it about 4 to 6 times a year, more if it is at $30 a pound at Domenic's, whereas it is about $40 a pound at Sobeys.

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aiyah.. you. Not many cab driver danced around residencies, MCCEE, MCCQE1 and MMI.

Doctors in SG make big money, for that matter also in Canada.

For a doctor to give up Singapore and come to Canada, speaks something about Canada, Canada is not that bad afterall. Please come to Canada... lai lai :smile:

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fresh wild sockeye salmon when in season, about $20 a pound.
Chilean sea bass in the range of $30 to $42 a pound. We buy it about 4 to 6 times a year, more if it is at $30 a pound at Domenic's, whereas it is about $40 a pound at Sobeys.

Thanks for the info, good to know.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
brother [nayr69sg],

I agree.
I prefer it when there are fewer immigrants.
Canada is not perfect, and in fact has numerous "negatives":
1. very long and cold winter;
2. relatively high personal income tax rates, exigible at comparatively low taxable income;
3. not very efficient, and not very clean (physically clean and corruption free) like other countries;
4. very as immigrant friendly as a few other countries;
5. the govt does not go out of its way to make it easier for immigrants like a few other countries;
6. relatively high HST rate of 13%;
7. some immigrants may find it difficult to integrate, or to find a position / career which they had in their home country;
8. others may wish to add to this list.

sorry sorry sorry

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Aiyah.. you. Not many cab driver danced around residencies, MCCEE, MCCQE1 and MMI.

For a doctor to give up Singapore and come to Canada, speaks something about Canada, Canada is not that bad afterall. Please come to Canada... lai lai :smile:

sorry sorry sorry!

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not that medical doctors in Ontario earn "big money", it may be the only profession where there is little difficulties to collect their billings, because the medical doctors in Ontario, bill the Ministry of Health, and get paid within 45 days.
Subject to [nayr69sg] clarification, I do not believe that his ambition is to make "big money" when he was considering emigrating to Australia or Canada.
Based on what I have seen and observed in Toronto, there are very few individuals like [nayr69sg]. If more immigrants are like him, I believe that Canada will be more vibrant, lively, and positive.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just received my letter from CIC to submit documents. It's only 32 months
from the day I applied. Where do I get my police clearance? Thanks a lot
for all information.

By the way, [Hock], how long have you been in Canada?

Time2Evacuate

Alfrescian
Loyal
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Don't come hor! Canada is horrible. The health insurance is SOOOOOOOOOOOO EXPEEEEEENSIVE!!!!!!!!! You buy already might as well die.

And the salmon......oh the salmon.........you eat one time oredi get hooked, addicted cannot stop and the price so expensive $6,980 a pound!!!!

Now you see why we all suffer in Canada. Sorry had to bluff everyone for so long. Canada no boleh lah. USA BOLEH!!!!

No need to challenge those who disagree with you by exaggerating their arguments to the point of absurdity and by attacking the strawman.

Why not just come out and present sincere views? Let's just be honest and sincere here, and let others do their research and due diligence and then decide for themselves on which side to believe.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
No need to challenge those who disagree with you by exaggerating their arguments to the point of absurdity and by attacking the strawman.

Why not just come out and present sincere views? Let's just be honest and sincere here, and let others do their research and due diligence and then decide for themselves on which side to believe.

sorry sorry sorry

Last edited: