SG Live Bet
SG Tipster
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1175

Thread: Canadian PR

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    578
    My Reputation Points: 208 / Power: 6

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    Quote Originally Posted by Hock View Post
    I just received my letter from CIC to submit documents. It's only 32 months
    from the day I applied. Where do I get my police clearance? Thanks a lot
    for all information.
    Give me a breaK!

    You are preparing to immigrate and it means you have to do things on your own...no more PAP telling you what to do and yet you still want people to spoon feed you?

    You ask "Where you can get police clearance?"

    Look into the instruction sheets and the Canadian High Com has all the info fro you.

    Wake up be a man...an independent man.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    228
    My Reputation Points: 54 / Power: 6

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    Quote Originally Posted by exSINgaporean View Post
    Give me a breaK!

    You are preparing to immigrate and it means you have to do things on your own...no more PAP telling you what to do and yet you still want people to spoon feed you?

    You ask "Where you can get police clearance?"

    Look into the instruction sheets and the Canadian High Com has all the info fro you.

    Wake up be a man...an independent man.
    ??? Did you wake up on the wrong side of your bed today?
    Yippe! I'm waiting for my PPR.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    191
    My Reputation Points: 56 / Power: 6

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    Quote Originally Posted by Hock View Post
    http://www.arguewitheveryone.com/for...ill-burst.html

    "Every single U.S. lender specializing in sub-prime has gone bankrupt. The largest sub-prime lender in the world is now the Canadian government."
    In Canada, the banks knows that if a mortgage belongs to the mortgagee own roof - chances of default is very low. However, if it is rental - the risk is very different. I invest in cashflowing rentals - i can tell you that the credit for rental properties has tickle to a drop. As a self employed before i can get the bank to even consider lending me $$ to invest in properties until i position myself right.

    I am making $$ by putting a house on contract and flipping this contract to build up my war chest again. So far market for western Canada has started to move up again. Good times are coming again.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    1,983
    My Reputation Points: 12 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    Quote Originally Posted by Asychee View Post
    I am making $$ by putting a house on contract and flipping this contract to build up my war chest again. So far market for western Canada has started to move up again. Good times are coming again.
    Yes ! 3 cheers for the risk-takers ! Yes-yes.. good times.. hmmmm...

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    228
    My Reputation Points: 54 / Power: 6

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    http://www.calgaryherald.com/Calgary...136/story.html

    Lucky immigrant. I feel happy for him.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,961
    My Reputation Points: 1505 / Power: 10

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    Quote Originally Posted by Hock View Post
    http://www.calgaryherald.com/Calgary...136/story.html

    Lucky immigrant. I feel happy for him.
    Reminds me of a Malaysian obasan who won $30mil in lotterywest last year.

    But at the end of the day, we hear of people who mismanage their sudden wealth.

    A study of lottery winners shows that 10 years after winning, most of the winners have spent their winning and are back to square one, some fare even worse, being deep in debt. Only 5-10% are doing extremely well or even better. Not much difference from the general population proportion of the rich.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    228
    My Reputation Points: 54 / Power: 6

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    http://www.livingabroadincanada.com/...world-to-live/

    Do it for your kids. Don't hesitate anymore.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    578
    My Reputation Points: 208 / Power: 6

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    Quote Originally Posted by Hock View Post
    I just received my letter from CIC to submit documents. It's only 32 months
    from the day I applied. Where do I get my police clearance? Thanks a lot
    for all information.
    Canada: The best place in the world to live
    Submitted by Carolyn B. Heller on November 30, 2009 – 7:50 amNo CommentIs Canada the best place in the world for expats to live?

    According to the 2009 HSBC Expat Experience Survey, it is.

    Canada topped the list of best places to live, with expats there reporting the highest overall increase in their quality of life since arriving in the country.

    The survey polled more than 3,000 expats around the world, assessing whether their overall quality of life increased or decreased during their overseas assignment.

    Canada was also number 1 in “quality of accommodation,” with 68% of expats reporting that their homes were better in Canada than in their native country.

    Canada received high scores in how easy it is for expats to make friends, to pursue hobbies, and to improve the quality of life with their families.

    According to survey respondents, the top reasons for living in Canada include:

    Better environment/quality of life for my children (39%)
    Lifestyle (38%)
    Career prospects (35%)
    Less crime (13%)
    Other interesting findings:

    Canada has a high proportion of retired expats: 24% compared with 7% worldwide.
    Canada’s expat community is older than average, with 61% age 45 or over.
    More than two-thirds of Canadian expats own property in the country, which is double the global average of 31%.
    More than 60% of expats in Canada reported that organizing their finances and their health care was easy.
    Nearly 40 percent said that their health improved since arriving in Canada.
    You can download the full report from the HSBC Expat Experience website.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,961
    My Reputation Points: 1505 / Power: 10

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    Quote Originally Posted by exSINgaporean View Post
    Canada: The best place in the world to live
    Submitted by Carolyn B. Heller on November 30, 2009 – 7:50 amNo CommentIs Canada the best place in the world for expats to live?

    According to the 2009 HSBC Expat Experience Survey, it is.

    Canada topped the list of best places to live, with expats there reporting the highest overall increase in their quality of life since arriving in the country.
    Not surprised at Canadian ranking. But surprised that Canada's southern neighbour is ranked 8th. Singapore is 4th, while HK is 10th.

    http://www.offshore.hsbc.com/1/2/int...ce-report-2009

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    191
    My Reputation Points: 56 / Power: 6

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    Quote Originally Posted by Hock View Post
    http://www.livingabroadincanada.com/...world-to-live/

    Do it for your kids. Don't hesitate anymore.
    Hi Hock, what ever is posted in the reports upon reports. Does not make a different - the info is more for re assuring. At the end of the day, it depends on what actions u took to achieve the lifestyle u wanted for you and your family.

    I do not paint a beautiful pictures to migration to Canada. In fact, in my reply to the samster that wrote to me. I tell them that the 1st year is the most challenging but as the years progresses. I tell them that they will savour the triumph over this new challenges.

    Sorry got carry away alittle. Just wanted to give a perspective to reality.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    228
    My Reputation Points: 54 / Power: 6

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    Quote Originally Posted by Asychee View Post
    Hi Hock, what ever is posted in the reports upon reports. Does not make a different - the info is more for re assuring. At the end of the day, it depends on what actions u took to achieve the lifestyle u wanted for you and your family.

    I do not paint a beautiful pictures to migration to Canada. In fact, in my reply to the samster that wrote to me. I tell them that the 1st year is the most challenging but as the years progresses. I tell them that they will savour the triumph over this new challenges.

    Sorry got carry away alittle. Just wanted to give a perspective to reality.
    Aiyah emigration is for long term mah. Emigration is like Guiness Stout;
    when bitterness becomes extreme, sweetness follows.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    18,084
    My Reputation Points: 631 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    Canada has possibly the greatest potential of any nation. And this covers its wonderful landscape, its proven vast economic resources and good governance. What it badly needs is people and in huge numbers to reach critical mass to drive get its economy to the next level. Canadians as a group of people are highly rated for their manners, character and deportment like the Kiwis.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,961
    My Reputation Points: 1505 / Power: 10

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    Quote Originally Posted by scroobal View Post
    Canada has possibly the greatest potential of any nation. And this covers its wonderful landscape, its proven vast economic resources and good governance. What it badly needs is people and in huge numbers to reach critical mass to drive get its economy to the next level. Canadians as a group of people are highly rated for their manners, character and deportment like the Kiwis.
    And they do not suffer the convict history of Australia.
    But being next to a superpower is its downside too. The people would rather head for the warmer south.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    228
    My Reputation Points: 54 / Power: 6

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    http://www.leaderpost.com/business/R...720/story.html

    Regina ranks second and Saskatoon third in CIBC economic activity index.
    Both cities in Saskatchewan, the bread basket of N. America and it has
    40% of Canada's farmland.

    Buy a farmland, people need to eat. Fiat(fake) currencies can become
    worthless overnight(N. Korea). Get real assets.

    http://www.lanerealtycorp.com/

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    54
    My Reputation Points: 10 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    the comparison usa is like australia, canada is like new zealand is fairly accurate. maybe have more fun in usa/aust but people nicer easier living in canada/nz

    i am a canadian lived in singapore for 10+ years hated living there every single day but very good job. after i left i wondered why i stayed there so long money was not worth being miserable. canadians welcome everone there are so many asians there it will surprise most people.

    congratulations and welcome

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    224
    My Reputation Points: 34 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    Quote Originally Posted by jojostar View Post
    the comparison usa is like australia, canada is like new zealand is fairly accurate. maybe have more fun in usa/aust but people nicer easier living in canada/nz

    i am a canadian lived in singapore for 10+ years hated living there every single day but very good job. after i left i wondered why i stayed there so long money was not worth being miserable. canadians welcome everone there are so many asians there it will surprise most people.

    congratulations and welcome
    The written English needs improvement.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    54
    My Reputation Points: 10 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie9 View Post
    The written English needs improvement.
    english written on a website is not the same as that written for school or work, no need for correct grammar, punctuation, capital letters, etc.... especially as most readers are singaporeans

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    228
    My Reputation Points: 54 / Power: 6

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    26
    My Reputation Points: 10 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    OMG.....and I thought -36C was baa...aaaddd.....

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    18,084
    My Reputation Points: 631 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    Bro, good to have you back. I recall you as an early vet of the old SBF and your comments about employement pass vs PR. In view of your background, you will be helpful in the area of cross border stuff. As you are familiar with the legendary "courteous" manner, I am sure you will feel at home.


    Quote Originally Posted by jojostar View Post
    the comparison usa is like australia, canada is like new zealand is fairly accurate. maybe have more fun in usa/aust but people nicer easier living in canada/nz

    i am a canadian lived in singapore for 10+ years hated living there every single day but very good job. after i left i wondered why i stayed there so long money was not worth being miserable. canadians welcome everone there are so many asians there it will surprise most people.

    congratulations and welcome

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Indian soldier gets cocky with Canadian
    By makapaaa in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-06-2009, 06:41 AM
  2. Canadian Warship Let Off Pirates...
    By makapaaa in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20-04-2009, 09:15 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-02-2009, 06:22 AM
  4. Reavie stretches lead at Canadian Open
    By WayangParty in forum Gambling/Sports/Games/Hobbies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-07-2008, 08:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •