SG Live Bet
SG Tipster
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 1175

Thread: Canadian PR

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    229
    My Reputation Points: 34 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    May I know do you guys have to go through interview with the Canada Immigration? Is yes, is it before or after your medical check ups?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    191
    My Reputation Points: 56 / Power: 6

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    Quote Originally Posted by Hock View Post
    Too bad, I'm in HCMC.
    Dont worry buddy, i have someone in HCMC to advise you on the step. See my PM

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    228
    My Reputation Points: 54 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-imm...-t25847.0.html

    Previously, under the old system, there was a huge backlog. Now, with
    the revised 38 NOC list, Sydney(Nova Scotia) immigration office is overwhelmed with applications. There might be a change again.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    228
    My Reputation Points: 54 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    Beep! Beep! I just received my letter for medical checkup and my
    interview is waived. Am I there already?

    http://www.mls.ca/splash.aspx

    How come most of the houses for sale are damned old - some
    before WWII? There are very few new houses(2 to 3 years) for sale.
    Is it feasible to buy a piece of land and build a house on it? How is the property market for Edmonton and Calgary? Still piping hot?
    Property agent get 1% commission like in Singapore?

    There is a severe lack of accommodations in Fort McMurray, where
    the oil sands is situated. I know the property price over there is
    a bit crazy. Is building a hostel for the workers feasible? What kind of
    amount $$ are we looking at?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    193
    My Reputation Points: 8 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    If you want newer homes goto the agency websites eg, Royal Lepage, Codwell Banker or Century 21 etc. Or goto the realtors' websites. Or those private sales websites. You know the level of maturity of some Sinkees thus I won't posted their websites.If you want new house, goto the builders websites You just have to google.
    If you got money it is feasible to buy your own land and build your own dream home. Bear in mind, who is going to build and pay for the road and utilities lines(gas electric water) to your house???
    As far as I know, property agents get approx 7% for the first $100k and 2-5% for the next 100K and then the next 100k
    Building a hostel in Fort Mac?? As I said before, if you got money it is feasible. Are you willing to compete with the oil companies for trades people to build your building???Do you know how much construction workers are paid in Fort Mac??Certainly not the same level abang Cheena or adik Bangla are earning in Spore. Building supplies have to be haul up there from Edmonton by semi trailers Are you willing to pay the freight charges?


    Quote Originally Posted by Hock View Post

    How come most of the houses for sale are damned old - some
    before WWII? There are very few new houses(2 to 3 years) for sale.
    Is it feasible to buy a piece of land and build a house on it? How is the property market for Edmonton and Calgary? Still piping hot?
    Property agent get 1% commission like in Singapore?

    There is a severe lack of accommodations in Fort McMurray, where
    the oil sands is situated. I know the property price over there is
    a bit crazy. Is building a hostel for the workers feasible? What kind of
    amount $$ are we looking at?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    191
    My Reputation Points: 56 / Power: 6

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    Quote Originally Posted by Hock View Post
    Beep! Beep! I just received my letter for medical checkup and my
    interview is waived. Am I there already?

    http://www.mls.ca/splash.aspx

    How come most of the houses for sale are damned old - some
    before WWII? There are very few new houses(2 to 3 years) for sale.
    Is it feasible to buy a piece of land and build a house on it? How is the property market for Edmonton and Calgary? Still piping hot?
    Property agent get 1% commission like in Singapore?

    There is a severe lack of accommodations in Fort McMurray, where
    the oil sands is situated. I know the property price over there is
    a bit crazy. Is building a hostel for the workers feasible? What kind of
    amount $$ are we looking at?
    Which city are you refering to "damned old" ? The edmonton and Calgary Property market are climbing out of the recession. Buyer do not pay any commission while seller have to pay 7% for 1st 100K, 3.5% for the next 100K (market rate - but i never pay market rate)

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    26
    My Reputation Points: 10 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    Hi Hock,

    I believe you're on the home stretch pending the result of your (and yours) medicals. Now do note that the COPR may take upto to 3 months after the submission of medicals to be issued BUT, the validity is upto 12mths from the medicals date.

    Well, I do noticed that properties in Northern Edmonton are older than those in the South. However, they still look quite pretty (online) and appear to be in liveable condition and lower priced.

    Fort McMurray is boomtown charlie now. Hence, all things being equal, you can expect to pay a premium for almost everything there.

    Good luck!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    26
    My Reputation Points: 10 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    Quote Originally Posted by Asychee View Post
    Which city are you refering to "damned old" ? The edmonton and Calgary Property market are climbing out of the recession. Buyer do not pay any commission while seller have to pay 7% for 1st 100K, 3.5% for the next 100K (market rate - but i never pay market rate)
    Asychee.....i like your style......

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    228
    My Reputation Points: 54 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetail...ertyId=8206505

    Built in 1950..............59 years!!

    http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetail...ertyId=8036456

    Built in 1912......... 97 years!!!! This one probably needs new support beams.

    http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetail...ertyId=8546396

    Built in 1920........89 years!!!!

    http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetail...ertyId=8534836

    Built in 1916...........93 years!!!!


    http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetail...ertyId=8631407

    Built in 1913....96 years!!!!


    http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetail...ertyId=8555416

    Anothe one built in 1913!!!!!

    Is it very expensive to demolish and build a new house?

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    228
    My Reputation Points: 54 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    Quote Originally Posted by mayliewwan View Post
    If you want newer homes goto the agency websites eg, Royal Lepage, Codwell Banker or Century 21 etc. Or goto the realtors' websites. Or those private sales websites. You know the level of maturity of some Sinkees thus I won't posted their websites.If you want new house, goto the builders websites You just have to google.
    If you got money it is feasible to buy your own land and build your own dream home. Bear in mind, who is going to build and pay for the road and utilities lines(gas electric water) to your house???
    As far as I know, property agents get approx 7% for the first $100k and 2-5% for the next 100K and then the next 100k
    Building a hostel in Fort Mac?? As I said before, if you got money it is feasible. Are you willing to compete with the oil companies for trades people to build your building???Do you know how much construction workers are paid in Fort Mac??Certainly not the same level abang Cheena or adik Bangla are earning in Spore. Building supplies have to be haul up there from Edmonton by semi trailers Are you willing to pay the freight charges?

    "As far as I know, property agents get approx 7% for the first $100k and 2-5% for the next 100K and then the next 100k"

    Wow! It's very good to be a real estate agent in Canada. Do you need to
    take the realtor exam to be a real estate agent?

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    191
    My Reputation Points: 56 / Power: 6

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    Quote Originally Posted by Hock View Post
    "As far as I know, property agents get approx 7% for the first $100k and 2-5% for the next 100K and then the next 100k"

    Wow! It's very good to be a real estate agent in Canada. Do you need to
    take the realtor exam to be a real estate agent?
    yes, just google it. I prefer to be a Real Estate Investor as i dont want my hands to be tied down by being a realtor

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    191
    My Reputation Points: 56 / Power: 6

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    Quote Originally Posted by whistler View Post
    Hi Hock,

    I believe you're on the home stretch pending the result of your (and yours) medicals. Now do note that the COPR may take upto to 3 months after the submission of medicals to be issued BUT, the validity is upto 12mths from the medicals date.

    Well, I do noticed that properties in Northern Edmonton are older than those in the South. However, they still look quite pretty (online) and appear to be in liveable condition and lower priced.

    Fort McMurray is boomtown charlie now. Hence, all things being equal, you can expect to pay a premium for almost everything there.

    Good luck!
    Yes, Edmonton has grown a lot since the the 2000. The area around my house was a farm only 5 years ago.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    249
    My Reputation Points: 133 / Power: 6

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    Quote Originally Posted by Hock View Post
    "As far as I know, property agents get approx 7% for the first $100k and 2-5% for the next 100K and then the next 100k"

    Wow! It's very good to be a real estate agent in Canada. Do you need to
    take the realtor exam to be a real estate agent?
    The realtors there are real pros. Really know their stuff unlike the ones in SG who are basically just salesman pretending to be pros.

    Cheers.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    228
    My Reputation Points: 54 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    CIC requested a Canadian Police Certificate from me.
    I spent 4 years in Canada for my tertiary education.
    I need a set of my fingerprints done by the S'pore police,
    and send it to the RCMP,Ottawa,for verification.

    Does anyone has similar request and experience to share?
    Thanks

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    249
    My Reputation Points: 133 / Power: 6

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    Quote Originally Posted by Hock View Post
    Beep! Beep! I just received my letter for medical checkup and my
    interview is waived. Am I there already?

    http://www.mls.ca/splash.aspx

    How come most of the houses for sale are damned old - some
    before WWII? There are very few new houses(2 to 3 years) for sale.
    Is it feasible to buy a piece of land and build a house on it? How is the property market for Edmonton and Calgary? Still piping hot?
    Property agent get 1% commission like in Singapore?

    There is a severe lack of accommodations in Fort McMurray, where
    the oil sands is situated. I know the property price over there is
    a bit crazy. Is building a hostel for the workers feasible? What kind of
    amount $$ are we looking at?
    If you are in HCMC, I find the medical checkup in IOM rather good. It's on the CIC approved list. You can also get your police clearance from Saigon Center at 65 Le Loi if you have not already done so.

    Cheers

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    228
    My Reputation Points: 54 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    Quote Originally Posted by blueblobster View Post
    If you are in HCMC, I find the medical checkup in IOM rather good. It's on the CIC approved list. You can also get your police clearance from Saigon Center at 65 Le Loi if you have not already done so.

    Cheers
    Thanks blueblobster. IOM noted; incidentally that's where I'm going for my
    medical checkup soon. I have already got my S'pore Police Clearance Certificate.

    I have tried to get a set of my fingerprints from the local Vietnamese police
    for my Canadian Police Clearance Certificate, but was given a merry-go-round. A Vietnamese liasion police officer said that my request is very ununsual, as they only fingerprinted criminals If I insist, I can approach
    the Justice Office for approval, then submit this approval to the Vietnamese
    police for consideration...blah..blah..lengthy wait and lots of payments(on the
    table and under the table).

    So, in conclusion, it's better for me to go back to S'pore to get
    my set of fingerprints from the S'pore Police for my Canadian
    Police Clearance Certificate's application.
    Last edited by Hock; 02-10-2009 at 03:56 AM.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    249
    My Reputation Points: 133 / Power: 6

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    Quote Originally Posted by Hock View Post
    Thanks blueblobster. IOM noted; incidentally that's where I'm going for my
    medical checkup soon. I have already got my S'pore Police Clearance Certificate.

    I have tried to get a set of my fingerprints from the local Vietnamese police
    for my Canadian Police Clearance Certificate, but was given a merry-go-round. A Vietnamese liasion police officer said that my request is very ununsual, as they only fingerprinted criminals If I insist, I can approach
    the Justice Office for approval, then submit this approval to the Vietnamese
    police for consideration...blah..blah..lengthy wait and lots of payments(on the
    table and under the table).

    So, in conclusion, it's better for me to go back to S'pore to get
    my set of fingerprints from the S'pore Police for my Canadian
    Polcie Clearance Certificate's application.
    For the Vietnamese police clearance, you do not need to go to the local police at all. Those are clowns who will simply slow you down and make you poorer along the way. Just go to the Juridical Hall (can't remember the full name) and get it. Many foreigners obtained theirs' there. No fingerprints needed. Just fill in a form, pay up and return on a given date to collect. No bribes, no hassle. It's at the junction of Dien Bien Phu and Pasteur Street. Unless CIC changed the requirement and need fingerprints now.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    228
    My Reputation Points: 54 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    Quote Originally Posted by blueblobster View Post
    For the Vietnamese police clearance, you do not need to go to the local police at all. Those are clowns who will simply slow you down and make you poorer along the way. Just go to the Juridical Hall (can't remember the full name) and get it. Many foreigners obtained theirs' there. No fingerprints needed. Just fill in a form, pay up and return on a given date to collect. No bribes, no hassle. It's at the junction of Dien Bien Phu and Pasteur Street. Unless CIC changed the requirement and need fingerprints now.
    I already have my Vietnamese police clearance certificate from the
    Justice Office, situated near to the junction of Dien Bien Phu and
    Pasteur Streets.

    Now, I am applying for my Canadian police clearance certificate. And
    I need a set of my fingerprints done by the local police to be submitted
    to the RCMP, Ottawa, for checking.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    228
    My Reputation Points: 54 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    My fingerprints sent to RCMP,Ottawa, for checking. I have done my medicals.
    Now wait for passport request...............3 months later?

    Apply job and business opportunities online. Google for house/land in Calgary.
    Everything seems so surreal.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    228
    My Reputation Points: 54 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Canadian PR

    http://www.arguewitheveryone.com/for...ill-burst.html

    "Every single U.S. lender specializing in sub-prime has gone bankrupt. The largest sub-prime lender in the world is now the Canadian government."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Indian soldier gets cocky with Canadian
    By makapaaa in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-06-2009, 06:41 AM
  2. Canadian Warship Let Off Pirates...
    By makapaaa in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20-04-2009, 09:15 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-02-2009, 06:22 AM
  4. Reavie stretches lead at Canadian Open
    By WayangParty in forum Gambling/Sports/Games/Hobbies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-07-2008, 08:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •