• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporean lovers are stingy

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.divaasia.com/article/4305

4305.jpg

Mon, Jul 06, 2009
Diva

Singaporean lovers are stingy

When it comes to money, Singaporeans are not as willing to give it all for love.

A survey done in April this year showed that singles in Singapore were only willing to spend 6 per cent of their pay when on their dates, but 11 per cent believe that it's alright to use money to make up to partners when they don't spend enough time with them.

According to a study on dating and relationships carried out by Synovate in April this year, dating couples in Singapore are more tight-fisted than their counterparts in other Asian cities when it came to lavishing their partners with monetary gifts. A report in Shin Min Daily News reported that a total of 300 respondents were included in the survey for each city, including Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Shanghai, Beijing and Hong Kong. The respondents were aged between 20 - 36.

Results of the survey showed that dating couples from Singapore and Hong Kong fared the lowest on the generosity scale, and were also less willing to settle down with their partners earlier.

The survey quoted by the Chinese evening daily reflected the Singaporean respondents average monthly income to be S$5,344, and they would spend about S$323 a month on their partners. This works out to be 6 per cent of their monthly income.

In comparison, Hong Kongers earned an average of HKD$30,763 (S$5,775) and spent HKD$2,011 (S$377), which is about 7 per cent of their average monthly income.

In China, lovers earned an average of RMB9,270 (S$1,973) and spent RMB851 (or S$181), while in Malaysia, average income was RM$4,466 (S$1,841), while monthly average spend was RM394 (or S$162), which works out to be 9 per cent of their monthly income in both cases.

The same survey also showed that 91 per cent respondents would commit to spending more time on their other half if they loved them more, while 89 per cent did not think money would be sufficient compensation for not spending enough time with their partners.

Only 11 per cent of the respondents felt that using money to compensate for less time spent with their partners was acceptable.

But the survey also revealed that Singaporeans who spent more time on their partners will also spend more money - about S$372 on average - on them too. In contrast, those who spent less time with their loved one would spend about $277 a month.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
This report is rubbish, i used to spend almost all the money i had on my past relationships. One time my ex had an emergency and needed money, i gave her all i had and in the end walked home as i didn't even even have enough for bus fare. I paid for all the restaurant food and entertainment and all the taxi fare. I even sent her back in a cab, saw her to the door and took another cab back home.

More than half of my pay then, i spent on her and we were already together for 2 years still and i was still doing that. At that time, i lived in Yishun and she in Tampines so this report isn't that accurate as i also know of other guys who would do the same.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Not really, one of the early relationships where it didn't get beyond much and her parents expected her home very early.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All the Singaporeans who responded probably have foreign gfs. U really believe local gals would still stick around if U spend only $300+ a month on them?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
All the Singaporeans who responded probably have foreign gfs. U really believe local gals would still stick around if U spend only $300+ a month on them?

Exactly!! Anything involving women revolves around spending money, what more especially in Singapore.