• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Moving to China for good

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he and li lin and their children all moved to beijing i think to start a new career. I think it has something to do with TV and acting. Anyway they don't really speak good mandarin but they still moved to china anyway.

No surprise here. A number of Hongkong and Taiwan actors/producers moved to the mainland because of the huge market potential, higher pay and better work conditions.

A recent Taiwanese TV program highlight the outcome of the exodus, poor quality TV dramas in Taiwan.

It is "far" away from another China, where this unlucky chap lived in.\
Zhejiang--house-729-1-620x349.jpg

Last edited:

ashjaw

Alfrescian
Loyal
That will be Allan Wu, a host for Amazing Race Asia. Thought it was reported they moved to Shanghai?

Just to add something. I am sure you guys remember the sinkie actress wong li lin who married that ABC guy daniel i think. I have forgotten his name but he used to act in some channel 8 drama serials speaking bad mandarin cos he was born in the US and he's some type of bodybuilder i think. Anyway he and li lin and their children all moved to beijing i think to start a new career. I think it has something to do with TV and acting. Anyway they don't really speak good mandarin but they still moved to china anyway.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok,,this is my take,,,if anyone want to go to china for good,,and their business is doing well,,that means there is good income etc,good connections etc than can stay china for good lor,,

but if one has not connections, and no trustworthy frens etc,,and plan to go there cash in hand and want to start biz, search for contacts etc,,than think carefully,,,china does not work that way,,neither do half the world,,

if one has money,,and accumulated wealth and want to retire in china,,,and have no money issues,,(like go china and hope to be successful in business with no lobang) than sure,,retire there,,,will be cheaper etc.

the point is,,if go china and hope to find a living there,,,its better to forget it,,,unless one has damn good contacts,,,

Mainland ah tiongs dont look kindly to foreigners,,,not like singkieland where foreigners get priority

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No surprise here. A number of Hongkong and Taiwan actors/producers moved to the mainland because of the huge market potential, higher pay and better work conditions.

A recent Taiwanese TV program highlight the outcome of the exodus, poor quality TV dramas in Taiwan.

It is "far" away from another China, where this unlucky chap lived in.\

Yup but for li ling and her husband they don't really speak good mandarin and not to mention i think their writing and reading of chinese characters should be even worse so it's like a huge challenge for them to move over there and i think they have a westernized form of thinking combined with a sinkie way of looking at things which is at odds with how things are run in china.

agrid

Alfrescian
Loyal
China is the second largest economy of the world.The economy of this country is strong and annual growth rate is high.
It will surly good to move to china and get beetler gob opportunity there.As inverter from all over the world have came to china and doing successful business in this country.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How China was almost ruled by a chinese hitler, Bo Xiliai

Read the Financial Times

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/d67b90f0-d140-11e1-8957-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2HNu3yMKs

“Bo and his ambition were seen as the most dangerous force in Chinese politics and people inside the party always compared him to Hitler,” said one senior Chongqing official who worked closely with Bo. “He was a Marxist-Leninist who opposed western liberal democracy, but the irony is that if the Chinese people were allowed to vote, he probably would have been elected president.”