SG Live Bet
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: CCB Mabroky Evicts 102-Yr-Old Temple. If Mosque? Bully The Weak!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    30,205
    My Reputation Points: 1403 / Power: 12

    Default CCB Mabroky Evicts 102-Yr-Old Temple. If Mosque? Bully The Weak!

    Century-old temple appeals against eviction
    It has failed to pay fee arrears to HDB despite repeated extensions
    By Ang Yiying


    Shui Xian Gong Moral Association chairman Lee Kok Leong, 63, hopes the temple can remain at its Zion Road premises. -- PHOTO: LIANHE ZAOBAO





    A 102-YEAR-OLD temple in Zion Road will have to vacate its premises by next weekend after it failed to pay rental arrears despite being given repeated extensions by the Housing Board.
    The temple owes about $153,370 to the HDB, and has not been paying its monthly fee since 2006, said its spokesman.
    The Chwee Hean Keng, or Shui Xian Gong, has now sent a last-ditch appeal to HDB to let it remain there permanently or, at least, for another two years.
    Asked about the status of the appeal yesterday, HDB told The Straits Times that it would consider allowing the temple to stay at the site till 2011, roughly when the area is expected to be redeveloped, if arrears are paid in full and monthly payments are made on time from now.
    HDB first asked the temple to move out in October 2007 for not having paid its temporary occupation licence fee - akin to monthly rent - since 2006, despite repeated reminders to do so.
    The temple management asked for more time to settle its arrears and was given an extension. However, from 2007 to this year, the temple still failed to settle its arrears. Despite that, the HDB gave it three more extensions, said its spokesman.
    When the temple still did not pay, its licence was terminated in December last year. The HDB took court action against the temple in March this year for unlawful occupation. The court ruled in HDB's favour. Upon request, HDB gave the temple one last extension, until June 28.
    Earlier this month, the temple sent the HDB an appeal letter.
    Temple keeper Jimmy Tay, 66, told The Straits Times that in 2006, when the temple was told its area was earmarked for redevelopment along with neighbouring blocks 88 to 92, he stopped paying rent because he was told by HDB officials he no longer needed to do so.
    But the HDB said this was not true.
    Shui Xian Gong has been plagued by funding woes for the past three or so years. It has a small community of devotees made up of mostly elderly people from the nearby Covent Garden estate and those who used to live in the area when it was still a kampung.
    Donations have been hit even more recently by the economic crunch, said Mr Tay. 'Incense money' collected from donation boxes at the temple range in the hundreds, but the cost of upkeeping the temple is in the thousands, he added.
    Mr Tay said he even had to dip into his own pockets at times or get friends and relatives to make up the shortfall.
    The temple's administration was traditionally handed down from one volunteer temple keeper to the next and the temple did not have a management committee until last year when the Shui Xian Gong Moral Association was formed.
    The registered society was set up mainly to look into the HDB arrears and the temple's relocation, said its chairman Lee Kok Leong, 63.
    Told of HDB's willingness to consider letting it stay till 2011 if it would pay the arrears, Mr Lee said: 'If they allow us to stay till 2011, we will make arrangements to pay. We will try to get our friends to come in to donate money. It is impossible to depend on temple income.'
    Its secretary B.X. Eng, 48, said the committee will hold a meeting once they get an official reply from HDB. 'We want to have ample time to move our deities and to raise funds,' she said.
    In the meantime, the lead grassroots group in the temple's constituency, the Kreta Ayer-Kim Seng Citizens' Consultative Committee, is offering to help.
    Committee chairman David Ong said a constituency MP had written to the HDB on the temple's request. 'As the area is slated for redevelopment by HDB, we will work with them to see how best to assist with the temple's request.'
    Since 1907, Shui Xian Gong has been paying respects to loyal officials in the late Song dynasty: Wen Tian Xiang, Lu Xiu Fu and Zhang Shi Jie. It also has Buddhist and Taoist deities. [email protected]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,844
    My Reputation Points: 251 / Power: 6

    Default Re: CCB Mabroky Evicts 102-Yr-Old Temple. If Mosque? Bully The Weak!

    Chinese had proven to the world that they are willing to sacrifice a thousand or a million of their own to stay in power. But they damn scared of the color GREEN!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,495
    My Reputation Points: 304 / Power: 6

    Default Re: CCB Mabroky Evicts 102-Yr-Old Temple. If Mosque? Bully The Weak!

    In sinkapore, money is God and dieties !!!

    Pay money to familee or you shift, two choices !

    Mosque is different, parangs cannot play play.

    Local chinese has no lumbar !

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,469
    My Reputation Points: 234 / Power: 7

    Default Re: CCB Mabroky Evicts 102-Yr-Old Temple. If Mosque? Bully The Weak!

    Mabroky is a christian, chinese temple bo chap, Mosque??bo chee to chap, indian temple not many to chap

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    9,804
    My Reputation Points: 1914 / Power: 10

    Default Re: CCB Mabroky Evicts 102-Yr-Old Temple. If Mosque? Bully The Weak!

    If Mosque sure many will boycott/protest. Mabroky don't even dare to touch the Mosque gate.
    Sinkie Chinese are bo chee if PRC sure protest. Of the whole world balless Chinese is Sinkie.
    Save the Earth

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    820
    My Reputation Points: 75 / Power: 6

    Default Re: CCB Mabroky Evicts 102-Yr-Old Temple. If Mosque? Bully The Weak!

    102 year temple not worth preservation, but some road blocking estate called Oxley Rise die die must stop progress of Singapore. Talk about preserving heritage. We know it is all talk.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    197
    My Reputation Points: 108 / Power: 6

    Default Re: CCB Mabroky Evicts 102-Yr-Old Temple. If Mosque? Bully The Weak!

    kanlina....O$P$ what....you want gov to pour paint and hang pig head is it......asshole
    Royston cheng aka royston46 aka vendetta.... LU BU...yellow people are born loser asshole who give infraction when kena assed by me.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    197
    My Reputation Points: 108 / Power: 6

    Default Re: CCB Mabroky Evicts 102-Yr-Old Temple. If Mosque? Bully The Weak!

    Quote Originally Posted by FuckSamLeong View Post
    Chinese had proven to the world that they are willing to sacrifice a thousand or a million of their own to stay in power. But they damn scared of the color GREEN!
    yeah.... we are ready to sacrifice asshole like you.......he he he....
    Royston cheng aka royston46 aka vendetta.... LU BU...yellow people are born loser asshole who give infraction when kena assed by me.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    16,209
    My Reputation Points: 1860 / Power: 11

    Default Re: CCB Mabroky Evicts 102-Yr-Old Temple. If Mosque? Bully The Weak!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiu Kwang Yew View Post


    Mosque is different, parangs cannot play play.


    If you visit Jakarta you'll see many neighbourhood mosques. Its actually very profitable to start a mosque since they get tax breaks.

    Damn noisy things if you live near one since they start morning prayers at 5am & they are allowed to use a PA system.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    370
    My Reputation Points: 104 / Power: 6

    Default Re: CCB Mabroky Evicts 102-Yr-Old Temple. If Mosque? Bully The Weak!

    In the principle of Tao, Nothing is permanent......
    Hence, Taoism will NOT protect or protest @ ALL costs...

    Even if it is 1000 years....Nothing is permanent...

    Cannot be compared to other religion, that is the beauty of Taoism....

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    30,205
    My Reputation Points: 1403 / Power: 12

    Default Re: CCB Mabroky Evicts 102-Yr-Old Temple. If Mosque? Bully The Weak!

    Quote Originally Posted by diversifyx2 View Post
    Mabroky is a christian, chinese temple bo chap, Mosque??bo chee to chap, indian temple not many to chap
    http://habitatnews.nus.edu.sg/herita...15Dec2004.html

    Saved for a year, village mosque may be made national heritage,

    by Natalie Soh
    The Straits Times, 15 Nov 2005 [pdf]


    Home Sembawang Beach: Times Past
    The story of two rivers
    Birds of Sembawang
    Proposed Land Reclamation at Sembawang Beach
    Your Say...
    Feedback to URA by Margie Hall
    Wee Sau Cheng's letter to ST (Unpublished)
    Goh Si Guim's letter to ST (Unpublished)
    Links
    Email us your Comments/Feedback
    THE old kampung mosque along Jalan Mempurong in Sembawang was given a year's reprieve from the bulldozers on Hari Raya itself yesterday, much to the delight of worshippers. And if a case can be made for the mosque to be preserved as a national heritage site, it may stay for good. The good news was delivered by Deputy Prime Minister Tony Tan during his annual Hari Raya visit to the Pertempatan Melayu Sembawang Mosque. To loud cheers, he announced that he had managed to get Minister for National Development Mah Bow Tan to agree to put off demolishing the mosque for a year.
    The 45-year-old place of worship, which is metres from the beachfront, was to have been vacated by the end of the year, and pulled down as part of the Mosque Redevelopment Scheme. A $9 million replacement, the Assyafaah Mosque along Admiralty Lane, about 10 minutes away, was completed in April this year.
    The Pertempatan Melayu Sembawang Mosque's committee had been appealing to keep the place from being torn down since 1972.
    Dr Tan said the place was possibly the last kampung mosque left in Singapore, and that he felt emotionally attached to it, having spent his first Hari Raya there 25 years ago, when he was elected MP for the area. Every year since, it has become a tradition for him to break fast with the community at the mosque after prayers.
    The mosque was built in 1959 by villagers in the area with the help of the Lee Foundation. It was the focal point of the kampung there. Today, the one-storey building looks as if it is locked in a time warp. Large cockerels and hens sit in a coop in the grounds, rattan mats line the floors, and a sea breeze blows gently through the worship hall.
    The kampung's residents moved out decades ago, but return there to pray every Friday and on special occasions, like Hari Raya. One of them is Mr Halil Haji Mansor, 39, an executive officer with the Islamic Religious Council of Singapore (Muis). Although he now lives in Bishan, he still takes his four children with him to the mosque, and has been praying there every other day during Ramadan.
    Yesterday, Dr Tan cautioned that the Government may still redevelop the area after the year is up. Land in Singapore is scarce, he said, and that which the mosque stands on could be needed. However, a committee - headed by Sembawang GRC MP Mohd Maliki Osman - intends to put up a proposal for the building to be declared a national heritage site.
    Said Dr Tan: 'If the land is not needed for redevelopment, it may be worthwhile to preserve it. 'Schoolchildren and people from all races and religions can come visit and get a feel of what Singapore was like 30, 40 years ago."

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,100
    My Reputation Points: 155 / Power: 7

    Default Re: CCB Mabroky Evicts 102-Yr-Old Temple. If Mosque? Bully The Weak!

    Fuck PAP bastard scums.

    There is a difference because Malays knew how to terrorize LKY in the 60s. The Chinese NEVER LEARN. Better start learning now.

    You don't know how to fix the bastards they fix you.

    Simple as ABC.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    23,883
    My Reputation Points: 2407 / Power: 13

    Default Re: CCB Mabroky Evicts 102-Yr-Old Temple. If Mosque? Bully The Weak!

    Quote Originally Posted by Leegimeremover View Post
    102 year temple not worth preservation, but some road blocking estate called Oxley Rise die die must stop progress of Singapore. Talk about preserving heritage. We know it is all talk.
    Money is the heritage in SINgapore...but then, you have MONEY, POWER & CONNECTION...

    Even the 102 yr old temple....stand in the middle of Orchard Rd...something can be done...

    even mountains will be moved..

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,469
    My Reputation Points: 234 / Power: 7

    Default Re: CCB Mabroky Evicts 102-Yr-Old Temple. If Mosque? Bully The Weak!

    Quote Originally Posted by makapaaa View Post
    http://habitatnews.nus.edu.sg/herita...15Dec2004.html

    Saved for a year, village mosque may be made national heritage,

    by Natalie Soh
    The Straits Times, 15 Nov 2005 [pdf]




    Home Sembawang Beach: Times Past
    The story of two rivers
    Birds of Sembawang
    Proposed Land Reclamation at Sembawang Beach
    Your Say...
    Feedback to URA by Margie Hall

    Wee Sau Cheng's letter to ST (Unpublished)

    Goh Si Guim's letter to ST (Unpublished)

    Links
    Email us your Comments/Feedback

    THE old kampung mosque along Jalan Mempurong in Sembawang was given a year's reprieve from the bulldozers on Hari Raya itself yesterday, much to the delight of worshippers. And if a case can be made for the mosque to be preserved as a national heritage site, it may stay for good. The good news was delivered by Deputy Prime Minister Tony Tan during his annual Hari Raya visit to the Pertempatan Melayu Sembawang Mosque. To loud cheers, he announced that he had managed to get Minister for National Development Mah Bow Tan to agree to put off demolishing the mosque for a year.
    The 45-year-old place of worship, which is metres from the beachfront, was to have been vacated by the end of the year, and pulled down as part of the Mosque Redevelopment Scheme. A $9 million replacement, the Assyafaah Mosque along Admiralty Lane, about 10 minutes away, was completed in April this year.
    The Pertempatan Melayu Sembawang Mosque's committee had been appealing to keep the place from being torn down since 1972.
    Dr Tan said the place was possibly the last kampung mosque left in Singapore, and that he felt emotionally attached to it, having spent his first Hari Raya there 25 years ago, when he was elected MP for the area. Every year since, it has become a tradition for him to break fast with the community at the mosque after prayers.
    The mosque was built in 1959 by villagers in the area with the help of the Lee Foundation. It was the focal point of the kampung there. Today, the one-storey building looks as if it is locked in a time warp. Large cockerels and hens sit in a coop in the grounds, rattan mats line the floors, and a sea breeze blows gently through the worship hall.
    The kampung's residents moved out decades ago, but return there to pray every Friday and on special occasions, like Hari Raya. One of them is Mr Halil Haji Mansor, 39, an executive officer with the Islamic Religious Council of Singapore (Muis). Although he now lives in Bishan, he still takes his four children with him to the mosque, and has been praying there every other day during Ramadan.
    Yesterday, Dr Tan cautioned that the Government may still redevelop the area after the year is up. Land in Singapore is scarce, he said, and that which the mosque stands on could be needed. However, a committee - headed by Sembawang GRC MP Mohd Maliki Osman - intends to put up a proposal for the building to be declared a national heritage site.
    Said Dr Tan: 'If the land is not needed for redevelopment, it may be worthwhile to preserve it. 'Schoolchildren and people from all races and religions can come visit and get a feel of what Singapore was like 30, 40 years ago."

    After so many year in year out, the mosque still standing hard on the ground and every Friday, all sorts of vehicle parking along old sembawang road TP doing nothing to stop them and dont even want to come close.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,411
    My Reputation Points: 146 / Power: 7

    Default Re: CCB Mabroky Evicts 102-Yr-Old Temple. If Mosque? Bully The Weak!



    "CCB butoh! Better allow aku to makan babi when I go back Sinkpole! Aku cinta makan babi! Sedup! "
    Everything is increasing and moving fast and if you can't keep up the pace, you're out of the game

    Neh_Neh_Pok Celebrities Wallpapers

    Neh_Neh_Pok Angmoh in Sexy Clothes

    Neh_Neh_Pok Asians Delights

    10 Questions for 'Intelligent Chrikukustians' to Answer

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    16,209
    My Reputation Points: 1860 / Power: 11

    Default Re: CCB Mabroky Evicts 102-Yr-Old Temple. If Mosque? Bully The Weak!

    Quote Originally Posted by halsey02 View Post
    Money is the heritage in SINgapore...but then, you have MONEY, POWER & CONNECTION...

    Even the 102 yr old temple....stand in the middle of Orchard Rd...something can be done...

    even mountains will be moved..

    Wasn't there an Indian temple that used to stand on Orchard Rd? It used to stand near the Dhoby Ghaut MRT station

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,732
    My Reputation Points: 22 / Power: 0

    Default Re: CCB Mabroky Evicts 102-Yr-Old Temple. If Mosque? Bully The Weak!

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny333 View Post
    Wasn't there an Indian temple that used to stand on Orchard Rd? It used to stand near the Dhoby Ghaut MRT station
    That's on tank road and it is still there.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    947
    My Reputation Points: 81 / Power: 7

    Default Re: CCB Mabroky Evicts 102-Yr-Old Temple. If Mosque? Bully The Weak!

    ya...maybe he'll re-locate the temple to Geylang

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,732
    My Reputation Points: 22 / Power: 0

    Default Re: CCB Mabroky Evicts 102-Yr-Old Temple. If Mosque? Bully The Weak!

    Not sure why the Malays got pulled into this. One obvious reason could be they are not in arrears of payment unlike the century old temple.

    Also Malays have conviction.. ask that old Chink that used to be the white man's stooge to try his monkey stuff with the Malays and see how fast they bring that Chink on his knees.
    Last edited by yellow_people; 20-06-2009 at 03:50 PM.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    16,209
    My Reputation Points: 1860 / Power: 11

    Default Re: CCB Mabroky Evicts 102-Yr-Old Temple. If Mosque? Bully The Weak!

    Quote Originally Posted by yellow_people View Post
    That's on tank road and it is still there.
    I find it very strange that they decided to moved it since the Dhoby Ghaut area is pretty dead.

    If they had kept it there, there'd be one more tourist attraction other than the Istana

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ACJC Psycho Students to Accept Strong to Bully Weak!
    By makapaaa in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-11-2008, 07:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •