• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Beaten to death by friend

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_387943.html

Beaten to death by friend
By Esther Tan

HE HAD gone to get his money back from a friend but ended up being beaten to death.

Former sales consultant Tan Chye Hong, 43, was sentenced to three and a half years' jail and given six strokes of the cane on Tuesday for beating painter Teo Chye Huat, 49, up and causing his death last year.

The court heard that the two men had arranged to meet at Block 79, Circuit Road, on July 5, for Tan to settle a debt with Mr Teo.

But after meeting, a dispute broke out between them as Tan did not return the full amount of $700 that he owed Mr Teo. When Mr Teo kicked Tan, he responded by raining punches on Mr Teo, even after he had fallen down.

He also kicked Mr Teo several times in the head when he was down on the ground and when he tried to get up.

After the altercation, Tan left the scene but he was arrested the following day.

Mr Teo was found lying on the pavement near a bus-stop in the vicinity. On arrival at the hospital, he slipped into a coma and underwent surgery to his head. He died about a month later.

In mitigation, Tan's lawyer Anand Nalachandran said that his client and Mr Teo were friends who drank together regularly at the coffeeshop. But the pair fell out after Mr Teo accused Tan of causing him to lose money in a football bet.

He pointed out that Tan, who is married with three children, was drunk when Mr Teo arrived and had 'impaired impulse control and judgement'. He also said that Mr Teo had taunted Tan when he could not return the full amount. Also, it was Mr Teo who had initiated the altercation by kicking at Tan first.

Mr Teo's wife, Madam Chue Lai Lin, was present at the sentencing. She said she had come to seek a closure to the case.

For voluntarily causing grievous hurt, Tan could have been jailed up to ten years and be fined or caned.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is sad. While FTs are taking away their jobs and women... SG Chinese are getting drunk and beating each other to death over a few hundred dollars.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Strange. According to social counselling reports, the majority of violent alcoholics seem to come from the non-majority possibly aryan populace.

This is sad. While FTs are taking away their jobs and women... SG Chinese are getting drunk and beating each other to death over a few hundred dollars.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkies friend like that what

my old friend still own me a few thousands dollars, lost his job to FT
ask to borrow more money
i said you still own me money, no

he said he never want to talk to me again

sinkies attitude fxxk type

dun lend sinkies friend money , 100 to 200, 500 to 1000 , 1000 to 2000, more and more. dun lend more money, no friend .

chingchong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Strange. According to social counselling reports, the majority of violent alcoholics seem to come from the non-majority possibly aryan populace.
Yes indeed, the aryan population.

Namo tassa bhagavato arahato phua chee bye to you chink.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must be white scum lah. They said golden period, then ppl start to happy hour drink to the limit. Now what you see, economy like shit people owe $$$ never pay...:rolleyes:

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal

You might want to state the facts. From what I've seen from the dept of statistics reports its the Chinks that are overwhelmingly violent not to mention suicidal.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
This world is sad, no amount of money is worth a life, surely not over 700 dollars.
Lots of people including relatives and friends owe me money, i still sleep well at night as i think of the money loaned as given. When they do give me back, its a bonus. Sometimes, we must look beyond the "li" (right/reason) and just go into the "xin"(heart). Too much of "li" will just drive one into the grave earlier because many kinds of interpretation on "li" will just make one crazy with anger.

Expect nothing, assume nothing, one feels happier. This is something i am continuously striving so nowadays i never lend anyone money but give what i can afford to try to help, knowing this money is given and isn't coming back.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You might want to state the facts. From what I've seen from the dept of statistics reports its the Chinks that are overwhelmingly violent not to mention suicidal.

Keling show those stats then. Basket keling. U shitskins are the minority here. Even if there are more chinese cases that doesn't mean chinese are more violent. You piece of walking shit.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This world is sad, no amount of money is worth a life, surely not over 700 dollars.
Lots of people including relatives and friends owe me money, i still sleep well at night as i think of the money loaned as given. When they do give me back, its a bonus. Sometimes, we must look beyond the "li" (right/reason) and just go into the "xin"(heart). Too much of "li" will just drive one into the grave earlier because many kinds of interpretation on "li" will just make one crazy with anger.

Expect nothing, assume nothing, one feels happier. This is something i am continuously striving so nowadays i never lend anyone money but give what i can afford to try to help, knowing this money is given and isn't coming back.

What u mean to say is you don't lend money but rather give money and it's due to your life experiences. Nice some wisdom there although some people do not see it that way.

They see you as an easy screw, someone whom they can take advantage of.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
What u mean to say is you don't lend money but rather give money and it's due to your life experiences. Nice some wisdom there although some people do not see it that way.

They see you as an easy screw, someone whom they can take advantage of.

Thanks, but i don't give money easily either. It must be for a real cause, not because someone wants a montblanc pen or a gucci bag. It has to be school fees/medical bills, etc and no i don't give a lot, just what i feel is appropriate.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even with a small populace, they outnumber the rest in the community. In Malaysia, they have the highest number of youth delinquents.

Keling show those stats then. Basket keling. U shitskins are the minority here. Even if there are more chinese cases that doesn't mean chinese are more violent. You piece of walking shit.