• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Migrating Males

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought I will post this as I became aware just this week of 2 different cases of ex-singaporeans who failed to get employment visas for lucrative regional positions in Singapore.

One was 1 yr old and the other was 4 years old when their families migrated elsewhere to start a new life.

As Singaporeans both male and female are not allowed by the constitution to renounce their citizenship until they are 21, there is an obligation. In both cases, I suspect that they did not register for NS and seek deferment and thus were blacklisted.

Those that leave are not required to serve NS but still need to obtain deferment until 21 where they can opt to serve or not to serve.

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal
My boys were 8yrs and 5yrs old when they left sg for thailand.
I think thailand got a better future for them.

Sg open policy for flooding the job market with FT & skilled workers, without any consideration for s'poreons.

Over here in Thailand , there are plenty of jobs reserve ONLY for the thai in foreign MNC. It's not so easy for any foreigners even with their hometown MBA or PHD to look for excutive job in thailand. The only way to stay empoly for them is to be your own boss in thailand. Unless you got headhunted from overseas and station by MNC in thailand.

Those well paid jobs in thailand, they critic is that applicants MUST be thai national, fluent in english.

http://th.jobsdb.com/TH/TH/V6/JS/JobSearch/JobSearch.asp?PN=JobListing&fulltext=1

I foreseen , it will be tough for the next generation of s'pore to find job.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thought I will post this as I became aware just this week of 2 different cases of ex-singaporeans who failed to get employment visas for lucrative regional positions in Singapore.

One was 1 yr old and the other was 4 years old when their families migrated elsewhere to start a new life.

As Singaporeans both male and female are not allowed by the constitution to renounce their citizenship until they are 21, there is an obligation. In both cases, I suspect that they did not register for NS and seek deferment and thus were blacklisted.

Those that leave are not required to serve NS but still need to obtain deferment until 21 where they can opt to serve or not to serve.

They should skip Singapore and go to HK instead.

matrix

Alfrescian
Loyal
good bro
pls tell me how to migrate or live in thailand
im planning to sell all my assets here n move over to thailand
what r the requirements

dormitory

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is very true. I have few PRs who renounce their PR because they do not want to serve army (they are PR since they were young). When you renounce PR, means you can take away your CPF too.

Then they left the country for a while. After that they come back to Spore to work. They are not granted employment pass. They appealed...still failed... This just shows how harsh our authority is in dealing with these matters.

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal
good bro
pls tell me how to migrate or live in thailand
im planning to sell all my assets here n move over to thailand
what r the requirements

Well!! If you're still single, you can start off by looking for a thai wife for a starter.:wink:

If you're migrating with your whole sg family over to thailand , still can but it will be very tough.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is very true. I have few PRs who renounce their PR because they do not want to serve army (they are PR since they were young). When you renounce PR, means you can take away your CPF too.

Then they left the country for a while. After that they come back to Spore to work. They are not granted employment pass. They appealed...still failed... This just shows how harsh our authority is in dealing with these matters.

Why should the authorities grant them employment pass, if they already made their choice then to give it all up? They are not even willing to serve the nation and the authority should give this employment passes to people who needs it more.

I remembered how Philip Yeo shamed those scholars who refused to honor their bonds. If these people do not wish to serve the country, then don't use government's money. Someone could have used it and served the nation better

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
My boys were 8yrs and 5yrs old when they left sg for thailand.
I think thailand got a better future for them.

Sg open policy for flooding the job market with FT & skilled workers, without any consideration for s'poreons.

Over here in Thailand , there are plenty of jobs reserve ONLY for the thai in foreign MNC. It's not so easy for any foreigners even with their hometown MBA or PHD to look for excutive job in thailand. The only way to stay empoly for them is to be your own boss in thailand. Unless you got headhunted from overseas and station by MNC in thailand.

Those well paid jobs in thailand, they critic is that applicants MUST be thai national, fluent in english.

http://th.jobsdb.com/TH/TH/V6/JS/JobSearch/JobSearch.asp?PN=JobListing&fulltext=1

I foreseen , it will be tough for the next generation of s'pore to find job.

The only advantage I saw is that the males do not "waste" that 2 years in NS. kekeke

What you say is partially correct. But with the current world financial squeeze, inflation, and the nation's instability coupled with demonstrations and corruption probes, investors are not willing to come in as before.

With such issues, businesses becomes affected, less work done, less employment rate, unemployed more than jobs offered, salary will start to fall with hovering operational expenses. The attractive part of Thailand no longer shines as before, and it will really take some time to see whether it will go back to the glory days.

To say that sg job market is more for FTs, without consideration for singaporeans is a tad unfair. If you are skilled, you have talent, you have added value to a company, you get employed.

Let's say you are a Singapore employer, you will also look at how this employee can offer or contribute to the company. It's easy to push the blame on FTs, but then looking for effectiveness is better than just looking for people to make up the numbers.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only advantage I saw is that the males do not "waste" that 2 years in NS. kekeke.......
bro, i think u miscalculated... there's also the annual reservists, where they've absolute right to call u up to 48days in any given WY.

i'm sure some among us here have experienced the myriads of inconvenience in serving this obligation.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
at the end of the day, i doubts its only the males that're migrating. in the past decade, alot hasnt been made known to the public, but due to the growing birth rates after the "stop at 2" regulation was lifted, there werent sufficient room in the varsities to accomodate the students.

among those who've gone abroad to study... not many have actually come back to sg. plenty remain rooted in whichever country they've studied in, n have perhaps gone ahead to pursue PR there.

there's also a rising trend of both men & women getting married abroad, eventually, establishing career stability & settlement in the countries of their spouse's. very soon, sg born & bred citizens would be out-bred by FTs.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
at the end of the day, i doubts its only the males that're migrating. in the past decade, alot hasnt been made known to the public, but due to the growing birth rates after the "stop at 2" regulation was lifted, there werent sufficient room in the varsities to accomodate the students.

among those who've gone abroad to study... not many have actually come back to sg. plenty remain rooted in whichever country they've studied in, n have perhaps gone ahead to pursue PR there.

there's also a rising trend of both men & women getting married abroad, eventually, establishing career stability & settlement in the countries of their spouse's. very soon, sg born & bred citizens would be out-bred by FTs.

I had uncles, aunties who migrated 30 years ago to San Francisco, Canada.
I always thought they should be having a good life from the tv shows we see of how beautiful these places are. In fact not that good. Unemployment is high. My cousins are jobless for months before getting a job. After getting a job for a year, get retrenched again. Graduates in fact. One uncle can't return to Singapore because he didn't came back for NS after studies. He would like to come back now as he feels life in US is not as good as how he wanted. But thinking that 30 years away, basically he has lost touch. No longer could he follow the pace of Singapore.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had uncles, aunties who migrated 30 years ago to San Francisco, Canada.
I always thought they should be having a good life from the tv shows we see of how beautiful these places are. In fact not that good. Unemployment is high. My cousins are jobless for months before getting a job. After getting a job for a year, get retrenched again. Graduates in fact. One uncle can't return to Singapore because he didn't came back for NS after studies. He would like to come back now as he feels life in US is not as good as how he wanted. But thinking that 30 years away, basically he has lost touch. No longer could he follow the pace of Singapore.
well, life's nt a bed of roses, while every rose has its torns too. nonetheless, its a matter of anticipating & adaptation. in hindsight, did your uncles n aunts ever complained about how comfortable life was 30yrs ago when they migrated? its only unfortunate that US encountered its financial downfall in recent times that's giving them the headache of their life. had they been in sg all the while, can we say for certain that they wont be experiencing the same issues? dun 4get, all these while, they were able to afford to send your cousins to some of the reputable varsities around too?

meanwhile, nothing's stopping your cousins from looking for prospects in europe or any other parts of the continent too.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
well, life's nt a bed of roses, while every rose has its torns too. nonetheless, its a matter of anticipating & adaptation. in hindsight, did your uncles n aunts ever complained about how comfortable life was 30yrs ago when they migrated? its only unfortunate that US encountered its financial downfall in recent times that's giving them the headache of their life. had they been in sg all the while, can we say for certain that they wont be experiencing the same issues? dun 4get, all these while, they were able to afford to send your cousins to some of the reputable varsities around too?

meanwhile, nothing's stopping your cousins from looking for prospects in europe or any other parts of the continent too.

What I am trying to say here is, we should learn to be more content with our lifes. By always thinking that the other side of the fence is going to be greener isn't really that true.

I see ang mohs, migrating to bali, phuket, pattaya, koh samui. When you ask them why they move there, they tell you, because the pace is slower, you get to see the sea, have a peacful slow lifstyle. I feel like laughing at them.
Why don't choose Mauritius, Maldives? Because standard of living is lower in Thailand, Indon, they get more worth for their usds, euros and think that they are considered upper end, because of their skin colour and exchange rate.

I always feel migrating is good, only when you achieve a higher standard of living from where you currently are and not downgrade to a lower standard of living. Even the indons, thais know how to think of trying to get out and have a higher standard of living than going for lower standards.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
What I am trying to say here is, we should learn to be more content with our lifes. By always thinking that the other side of the fence is going to be greener isn't really that true.

I see ang mohs, migrating to bali, phuket, pattaya, koh samui. When you ask them why they move there, they tell you, because the pace is slower, you get to see the sea, have a peacful slow lifstyle. I feel like laughing at them.
Why don't choose Mauritius, Maldives? Because standard of living is lower in Thailand, Indon, they get more worth for their usds, euros and think that they are considered upper end, because of their skin colour and exchange rate.

I always feel migrating is good, only when you achieve a higher standard of living from where you currently are and not downgrade to a lower standard of living. Even the indons, thais know how to think of trying to get out and have a higher standard of living than going for lower standards.
well, u're right on the notion about being contented. bt everynone's entitled their own discretion, when n where they feel is right for them. besides, its nt wrong for any1 to want a better quality of life, while nt having to cough blood to afford it. conversely, plenty r coughing blood in order just to make ends meet.

nothing wrong for ppl to move to emerging countries seeking better prospects n career stability, likewise, nothing wrong for others to move to lesser developed countries to stretch their dollars worth... enjoy early retirement too.

grass is nt always greener on the other side, bt in comparison to our oversaturated island... i think, it should be rephrased as; there's alota grass on the other side of the fence.