• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New Law: Pay MRT Fare for Baby Stroller!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Made to pay MRT fare for baby stroller
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I AM a working mother with a seven-month-old baby whom my mother takes care of while I am at work.
I usually take the train from Redhill MRT station, and pass my baby over the gantry to my mother at Clementi MRT station without tapping my card. Then I continue my journey to Yew Tee. In the past few months, this arrangement worked without any problems as I carried my baby in a carrier.
Occasionally, I used a stroller and would ask the MRT staff to open the gantry to allow the baby and stroller to exit. This went on without any hiccup until yesterday, when an MRT officer told me I needed to tap my card to let my baby and stroller exit.
Previously, I was never told that I needed to pay for my baby and stroller to exit the gantry. This is inconsistent customer service.
According to SMRT regulations, children below 90cm in height do not need to pay to ride the MRT. My baby is only 70cm. Does this mean I have to pay the MRT fare for my stroller?
Can SMRT please comment? Ang Siow Hui (Ms)