• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Lai Liao! Lai Liao! Zika locally transmitted... Aljunied Crescent...

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just don't see what the fuss is all about….Singos have always had small brains and a swollen head.

This is just visual confirmation.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I am disappointed. Why didn't MOH cover this one up? Can lead to public alarm. GKY deserves a sack for alarming the population.

I'm interested to see how this pans out. Supposing Zika virus causes microcephaly, would it impact our TFR should this Zika virus spread in Sinkiestan? Uh-oh...

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm interested to see how this pans out. Supposing Zika virus causes microcephaly, would it impact our TFR should this Zika virus spread in Sinkiestan? Uh-oh...

The Zika virus will be better for the world if there are less sinkies around. It's a great human culling virus.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Zika virus will be better for the world if there are less sinkies around. It's a great human culling virus.

If no sinkies, our ministers will have to go eat shit. Let me paint a scenario here:

Our ministers existed and drew millionaire salaries out of stupid sinkies. If Zika wiped out sinkies, Singapore is considered under siege. Malaysia, China or Indonesia will try to fight for the piece of strategic land. Whoever win, our country will become part of their states and our minster....

will be reduced to nothing but ordinary folk, probably jobless or driving taxi to survive. The lucky ones will be given a post or two by sucking up to the central government. Salary will be paid less than SGD2000 per month.

It is not a bad idea. Who knows, zika virus might just enter into the brain of 70% zombies sinkies and see where the stupidity lies to give it a tweak?

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Zika wiped out sinkies, Singapore is considered under siege. Malaysia, China or Indonesia will try to fight for the piece of strategic land.
In my opinion, if Singapore becomes devoid, or nearly devoid, of human life again, it is the "Ang Mohs" or Japs who will resume ultimate control of it again. :wink:

Even from Singapore's so-called "Independence" in 1965 until now, the PAP government and their cronies have always been at most a partner of the "Ang Mohs" and the Japs; at worst, they were dependent on (and, therefore, slaves of) those elite foreigners, right? :wink:

Wangfeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my opinion, if Singapore becomes devoid, or nearly devoid, of human life again, it is the "Ang Mohs" or Japs who will resume ultimate control of it again. :wink:

Even from Singapore's so-called "Independence" in 1965 until now, the PAP government and their cronies have always been at most a partner of the "Ang Mohs" and the Japs; at worst, they were dependent on (and, therefore, slaves of) those elite foreigners, right? :wink:

Did you do your part to vote at GE2015 for opposition? If not, don't talk Cock here.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...rce=Facebook&xtor=CS1-10#link_time=1472375015

SINGAPORE - The Ministry of Health (MOH) has confirmed 41 cases of locally transmitted Zika, all of whom were residents or workers in the Aljunied Crescent and Sims Drive area. They include 36 foreign construction workers.

This is out of 124 people – including 118 construction workers – who have been tested, most of them on Aug 27. In all, 78 have tested negative and the remaining five cases are still pending, MOH and the National Environment Agency announced in a joint press conference on Sunday (Aug 28).

None of the cases are known to have travelled to Zika-affected areas recently, suggesting local transmission. These are in contrast to Singapore's first Zika case in May, a 48-year-old man who had visited Brazil, one of the Zika-affected countries.

latest announcement follows the one on Saturday (Aug 27) of Singapore's first locally transmitted case of the virus - a Malaysian woman. She is the only confirmed female case in Singapore.

Of the 41 cases, 36 were detected through active testing. In all, 34 cases have fully recovered. The remaining seven are still symptomatic and recovering at Tan Tock Seng Hospital.

So far, the cases appear to be localised within the Aljunied Crescent and Sims Drive cluster, said MOH.

The NEA started intensified vector control operations - targeting Aides mosquitoes which spread the virus - and will continue for 14 days, with surveillance of the situation for another 21 days afterwards. These include misting, fogging and increasing the frequency of flushing and oiling drains to prevent mosquito breeding.

The Zika virus has mild effects on most people but it can be fatal for unborn children. Pregnant women who get infected may give birth to babies with small heads, a condition called microcephaly, and other brain defects.

As the Zika virus is spread by the Aedes mosquito, which also spreads dengue, authorities expect more locally spread cases. Vector control remains a central strategy to fight the spread, said authorities.

About four in five people infected by Zika will not show symptoms. For those who do, the symptoms include viral fever, skin rashes, body aches and headache.

On Aug 22, a GP clinic in the area informed authorities of an unusual increase in viral fever. The next day, MOH went down and told GPs to refer new cases to the Communicable Diseases Centre, and began tracing past cases. At that point in time, authorities suspected a mild viral infection but not Zika specifically.

On Aug 27, more than 200 officers were activated to conduct intensified control operations.

There are more than 6,000 premises in the area, including 5,000 HDB units. The NEA inspected 1,800 units on Aug 27 and is continuing inspections.

A construction site at Sims Drive, where the 36 infected workers were working, was also issued a stop-work order on Aug 27. This was after mosquito breeding was detected on Aug 24 and the NEA assessing that the site's housekeeping was poor as of Aug 27, although no breeding was detected on Aug 27.

DAFUG?!
41 cases?! 34 recovered?

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looking at the dismal track record of the PAP I would say that say Spore is in big, big, ....trouble.

After what happened with SARS it was only a matter of time before Spore was hit by another contagion. We were lucky not to be affected by MERs but it was only luck & nothing to do with PAP policies. The PAP can't even control the spread of dengue, TB, foot & mouth, ....

Looks like Zika will finish what LKY started with his stop at 2 policy.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A construction site at Sims Drive, where the 36 infected workers were working, was also issued a stop-work order on Aug 27. This was after mosquito breeding was detected on Aug 24 and the NEA assessing that the site's housekeeping was poor as of Aug 27, although no breeding was detected on Aug 27.

this is a direct consequence of exploiting human labour and cramming them in sub-human living spaces

you reap what you sow. What goes around comes around

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday they announced the first one, in less than 24 hours they found 40 more…..and 34 have already recovered….i did not know one could recover from zika in 48 hours.

Mindblowing.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yesterday they announced the first one, in less than 24 hours they found 40 more…..and 34 have already recovered….i did not know one could recover from zika in 48 hours.

Mindblowing.

I heard Bishan is safe. Catch the train to Bishan now.

laksaMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank Allah Indonesia fogged out Singapore with unhealthy haze recently, otherwise infections would be much higher!

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is a direct consequence of exploiting human labour and cramming them in sub-human living spaces

you reap what you sow. What goes around comes around

I see the problems of trying to build too many structures in a small city. Very unecessary and labour intensive. The more you dig, the more pooling or ponding will result and more Aides mosquitoes have added breeding space. Putting those labours into that space too feed the Aides lavaes, resulted in all sort of diseases spreading among humans. We can't expect scholars to understand the basic, it is too politically incorrect to admit their own mistakes made by PAP. Based on such dismal records, indeed, Singapore doom day is not too far fetched..