• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Nathan has passed away

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
20160828_nathan_th05.jpg

The body of the late Mr S R Nathan arriving at his family home for a private wake. Photo: Wee Teck Hian /TODA

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This chap was dead more than a couple of weeks ago. However for administrative purposes, his body functions were extended with the help of electricity till after the NDR.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
PA has been activated to Level Red to organise at least a hundred thousand peasant mourners to mourn Prataman on the 25th Aug from 10am to 8pm at the Parliament House.

Doggies JohnTan et al please report to your respective constituencies immediately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Operation Sook Ching was a Japanese military operation aimed at eliminating anti-Japanese elements from the Chinese community in Singapore.

In 1942, Chinese males between the ages of 18 and 50 were summoned to various mass screening centres and those suspected of being anti-Japanese were executed.

The screening was mainly carried out by the Kempeitai (the Japanese military secret police) in the urban areas. Known massacre sites include beaches at Punggol, Changi,
Katong, Tanah Merah and Blakang Mati (now Sentosa island), Hougang, Thomson Road, Changi Road, Siglap, Bedok and East Coast.

About 70,000 to 100,000 Chinese were massacred. My grandfather was executed by Japanese firing squad at the foothill of upper East Coast Road where Bedok South Ave 1 is today.

I believe he was handpicked by his Kempeitei comrade to sit at all those important top posts so that he would keep his mouth shut about their war crimes.

For his war crimes I think just like his fellow comrade Kempeitei agent he would also face a very difficult death.

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Ashes to ashes.
Dust to dust.
We are nothing, but dust
and to dust we shall return.
Amen."

I dunno about how you all feel. For me, after going through last year's 7/24 overloaded broadcast of LKY's funeral, I am literally having a "phobia" now reading about this "extravagant" and pompous funeral thing. My TV is switched off. I deliberately avoid reading and viewing anything related to this funeral. I did not dislike him as a human being. I just could not accept his greed (as in receiving his high salaries even in his old age for doing almost nothing beneficial) and his lack of generosity to even consider giving something back to other needy old-age folks and may be, scholarships for needy students.

I think the most meaningful funerals are usually small, gentle and poignant, intimate events for the immediate families/relatives and close friends.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Scenes at the remembrance area outside the Istana on Tuesday (23 August).

It is quite likely that all these twits actually lost relatives during Jap occupation as a result of Prata's treachery.

Have they no pride or shame? :eek:

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
So will there be wailing and thumping of the chests by the ordinary singaporeans like in North Korea ?

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is quite likely that all these twits actually lost relatives during Jap occupation as a result of Prata's treachery.

Have they no pride or shame? :eek:

This one (shown in picture below) actually took the trouble to write "Thank you for your dedication (what dedication huh?) and hard work (what hard work he did huh?) ... You have (given) many joys to the people (really what joys huh?) ... and we will remember ...

Oh my, Singaporean women (I assume it is written by a woman's hand) could be so gullible, fluffy and airy-fairy! :*:

8e7d3150-68fe-11e6-a612-a5f253e697ca_Writing-a-thank-you-letter.jpg

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

This one (shown in picture below) actually took the trouble to write "Thank you for your dedication (what dedication huh?) and hard work (what hard work he did huh?) ... You have (given) many joys to the people (really what joys huh?) ... and we will remember ...

Oh my, Singaporean women (I assume it is written by a woman's hand) could be so gullible, fluffy and airy-fairy! :*:

8e7d3150-68fe-11e6-a612-a5f253e697ca_Writing-a-thank-you-letter.jpg

It is that lady with the blue top lah...

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Meanwhile opposition leader J. B. Jeyaretnam on Monday questioned the "moral authority" of Mr S. R. Nathan.

"Should we then continue with this pretence, this make-believe, that Singapore has an elected president," J. B. Jeyaretnam, a long-time government critic and secretary-general of the Workers' Party said in a statement.

"Has Mr. S. R. Nathan the moral authority? If he has, is it from the will of the people, or is it from the very same persons who he is required to check in the safeguarding of the people's monies."

http://www.singapore-window.org/sw99/90817afp.htm