• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Sinkie MILF Lowered Expectations Also No Takers

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
39-year-old mother of 2 kids laid off in the oil & gas industry and feeling depressed

Hi Gilbert,

I came across your website on Transitioning.org when I was searching for advice or help on employment. I have been unemployed for a few months.

I was laid off by my Russian company due to the entire Trading and Operation department shifting back to European office.

A little background about me. I’m currently 39 years old, mother of 2 kids and has been working in Oil and Gas industry for more than 13 years. My role was Commercial Operation assisting Trader on cargo logistic and customer service with clients.

I have tried to lower my expectation in remuneration by 30% yet still not many companies or Recruiter call me for interview. During my unemployment period, I went to take up Real Estate course and I am now a certified agent.

However, my husband did not like me spending too much time during weekday evenings and weekend yet not able to close any sales and he has to be home early to take care the kids. He does not understand initial stage of being self employed is always difficult and need to spend more time on the new career.

As he is the sole breadwinner now, I have no choice but become less active in this property line so he can spend more time on his business.

However, I became more depressed and feeling hopeless during this inactive period. As I feel I have nothing to look forward and no income, I feel people around me are looking down on me and feel I am a burden to my husband and family.

Though I still continue to look for jobs in my previous industry but the Oil Market has been declining since last year so the prospect of getting a job interview is also not promising. Recently, I came across an ad online as Relationship Consultant and went to apply for it. I was later informed it is one of the Financial Advisor company recruiting new Agents.

I discussed with my husband and thought since I have so much empty time, might as well go for the course while looking for job. But I have been questioning myself if I am suitable to be a Financial Advisor as I have no experience in sales and unsure if I will make the wrong decision choosing the wrong path.

I am really having mid life career crisis.

Though I still wish to get a job as soon possible so as to be financially independen but still having the fear of being lay off again.

I am unsure if I can do well in Financial Advisor or Property agent as I do mind doing roadshow or getting customer in the streets and unsure if I can attain the sale target.

I am now in dilemma, unsure of what to do and feeling hopeless in job searching… I do have thoughts of suicide at times because I really do not want to be a burden to the family. but I know I will miss my kids very much especially they are still so young.

Hopefully, I can get some advice from you because I am really out of idea who to turn to.

Thanks for taking time reading my story.

Best regards

Connie

Number of View: 80
281 1 0 321

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is the type of bitch that i stay away from.. Full of liability.. not just finance , emotional and mental too. I pity the husband has to go through all these shit with her.

MGTOW is the best.. no need to deal with such shit.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Logistics. Someone with 13 years in the business should be well-known and should easily find another job or become a trader herself. Is trading that bad now ?

Not in oil ...you could make a fortune doing it for the last year. Oil price will remain volatile for a while, it is not too late for her to make a killing. That is she knows how to use her brain.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is the type of bitch that i stay away from.. Full of liability.. not just finance , emotional and mental too. I pity the husband has to go through all these shit with her.

MGTOW is the best.. no need to deal with such shit.

Please jiu ju kia. No woman will even take a second look at a loser like you.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not in oil ...you could make a fortune doing it for the last year. Oil price will remain volatile for a while, it is not too late for her to make a killing. That is she knows how to use her brain.

From my experience, woman like her isn't the brain type but emotional type.. She is not stable at all from the way she write her letter.

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
During the good years oil companies were paying huge bonuses sometimes in excess of 1 year, I hope she has enough common sense to save all of it during those days.

As for jobs in oil industry, the chances of a SOP dead end trading operator getting any similar job is close to 0%. Going for property agent can kill time, but now even old birds are drinking northwest wind so she ain't gonna make much from this. I doubt selling insurance will be any better.

Only thing to do is family drastic cut cost lower standard of living and wait for economy to recover. Emo left right centre and whining to another useless unemployed bum like Gilbert isn't gonna help.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like most sinkees, they never prepared for the worst. She had total trust in the PAP.

That what worry me most, I have worked with younger ones & over the years, with new entrants to the working world. They seems to be oblivious of the future....they never prepare for the worse & like you say..total trust in the PAP....

They never think of the alternative....these people too are either unconscious or in coma.....a person working for more than 10 years, should be mindful of the future, especially one with kids......have to prepare for the worse, each & every day...but these people are just so trusting....like 'lambs to the slaughter'....& need to be in dire straits to jolt them out of the coma...to think hard of alternatives....

But come another election & another "throwing money to rubbish" like these.....it goes on....I have stopped worrying for these people, a long time ago.....:p

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Same as giving out cards to players at table.same dead end job .

which is why i aim to save up and invest 200k and migrate to australia.all jobs are dead end jobs,by 40 u are pretty much dead to the economy,nothing wrong with this woman just that she hit the magical age of 40.at least in australia i get free retirement benefits.

hugs

Alfrescian
Loyal
I love all the comments in this thread. Good sense and logic. Like that suicidal already. Haiz.

Commercial operation assisting trader role is basically an admin job, similar to that of an admin clerk.

.Processing expense reports
.Coordinating travel plans
.Preparing business correspondence and PowerPoint presentations
.Internet research
.Organization and maintenance of department files
.Scheduling, meeting planning and logistics
.Answering phone
.Screening and distribution of department mail
.Perform any other tasks/duties as assigned by management

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ahem!...whom did she voted for?...was she unconscious or in a coma for the last 13 years??

Should be the party with the Lightning Sign.

Judging from my experience in the corporate world. Most of the ladies especially those in admin back office roles like HR, Accounting, Support are 90 percent hardcore supporters. Same case in MNCs.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like she's a admin clerk in oil and Gas company. What kind of mid life crisis she's suffering from.

I really pity her husband. One may be highly educated but she her emotion is like a wild roller coaster.