• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How Much You GIVE weekly = Your faith for your GOD???

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Greetings faithful.."kong hee fatt choy"!!...what is difference now?, when in the olden days, they sell idulgences for money...

"Luther taught that salvation is a free gift of God and received only through true faith in Jesus as redeemer from sin, not from work or good deeds. His theology challenged the authority of the pope of the Roman Catholic Church by teaching that the Bible is the only source of Christian doctrine[7] and all baptized Christians are priests before God (priesthood of all believers).[8]

His reformation began by the publication of his 95 Theses in 1517 against the claims of indulgence preachers that God's punishment for sins could be avoided by buying them. Luther's refusal to retract his writings at the demand of the pope in 1520 and the Holy Roman Emperor Charles V at the Diet of Worms meeting in 1521 resulted in his excommunication by Pope Leo X and condemnation as an outlaw by the emperor.
"
extract from wikipedia..

faith=tithes=indulgences????

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
so is your heart still filled with the images of vendetta? :biggrin:

Nah! It is just a show I liked very much!

:biggrin:

And nah, I never tot of going to Heaven, I will be in Hell shitting on LKY and LHL's face! That will give me more pleasure!

:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for your info, wiki is the not defacto standard for learning about God.

why try the bible, simple churches and care groups instead?

I know that, I want Bible verses I go look into the Good Book. I am just quoting what Martin Luther did with regards to selling of idulgences, and comparing this with the sublimal message of comparing faith=tithes, not different to that of indulgences!?:mad:

What we give in offering, it is our offering..our sincerity to God, for our faith in God & our heart in given God there is no monetary value..we can even give in kind!

But, will the mega churches accept? in kind?:rolleyes:

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
for your info, wiki is the not defacto standard for learning about God.

why try the bible, simple churches and care groups instead?

The Bible doesn't talk about giving money as a show of faith in God. WIkipedia isn't an ideal place for for information but it is a start for informatin gathering.

Instead of complaining about Wiki you should have acknowledged the issue of giving money for salvation or as an act of repentence as per Luther King's case is. And you also deliberately walked away from the point of giving money as a show of faith where Kong said that without giving tithes, the more the better, faith was weak.

How do you reconcile all of these truths with your blatant lies and those of Kongs?

44mm

Alfrescian
Loyal
GOD said before. Money is the root of evil

All these talks are bullshit!!!! Some people just cant handle the truth!!!

No matter what, others will defend till they die and god know who is laughing all the way to the bank.

Just let them be it. Its their money and if by donating they can find happiness and peace. Whats wrong with that?

Just my 2 cents.

yogi1973

Alfrescian
Loyal
who the fcuk is this mohawk wannabe clown???preaching crap!!seriously giving cash to fund 5 star churches??I dont think GOD favors places of worship thats look like castles. only pagans build huge churches and ask for $$$$$!!!take the money and give to the poor lahhh, plssssss.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Bible doesn't talk about giving money as a show of faith in God. WIkipedia isn't an ideal place for for information but it is a start for informatin gathering.

Instead of complaining about Wiki you should have acknowledged the issue of giving money for salvation or as an act of repentence as per Luther King's case is. And you also deliberately walked away from the point of giving money as a show of faith where Kong said that without giving tithes, the more the better, faith was weak.

How do you reconcile all of these truths with your blatant lies and those of Kongs?

Tithes and Offerings

Section 4 - Lesson 6
By: Evangelist Donnie Melton

Search LearntheBible.org

Text: Malachi 3:7-11

Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?

Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the
field, saith the LORD of hosts.

Introduction:

Surely this is one of the most unusual texts found in the Bible. But within this unusual text, there are two important truths to help you to grow. The first unusual truth you discover is that Malachi charges that a man can rob God. For one to keep back that which God has declared to be His is robbing God. The second important truth you discover is God’s plan for giving. It is essential that you learn to give biblically if you are to grow spiritually.

There are three things you need to know about scriptural giving. As you begin to apply these truths concerning giving, you will discover that a man cannot out

give God. The more you give to God, the more He will bless you in return.

I. Problems of Giving

The first thing you learn from Malachi is the problem of giving. The problem is that many people are reluctant to give scripturally. Some say they do not have to give the tithe because they are not under the law. Yet, the first mention of the tithe being given was before the law was instituted. These individuals misunderstand the reason for giving. It is not the law that motivates the Christian to give, but rather it is love!

There are actually two problems which hinder God’s people from giving.

A. Financial Problem

Some people claim they cannot afford to tithe. This is the most common problem which hinders scriptural giving. Many have unwisely spent and have incurred debt beyond what they can reasonable pay. The truth is you cannot afford to fail to tithe. Financial giving to God along with biblical principles of finance is the road back to financial well-being. The most basic principle to financial recovery is to honor God with your tithe first!

B. Faith Problem

This passage from Malachi, along with others, encourages and exhorts you to give. It is not the lack of finances which keep one from tithing, but rather it is the lack of faith. Failure to tithe is a failure of your faith.

II. Proportion of Giving

The Bible clearly teaches that a Christian should give to support the work of God on earth. But people often ask, “How much should I give?” This question refers to the proportion of giving.

From Malachi, you discover two things about proportionate giving.

A. Obligation

The first thing you learn about proportionate giving is about your obligation to give. Malachi makes it clear that the Believer has an obligation to give back unto God a portion of what God has blessed him with. The Christian is obligated to give the tithe or ten percent of his income. The least proportion that the Bible teaches a Christian should give is ten percent. In Acts, many early Christians sold all they had and gave one hundred percent of what they made to the Lord’s work. Most of us are better able to give the Old Testament tithe (ten percent) than the New Testament totality (one hundred percent). You have met your scriptural obligation when you give ten percent of your income.

Another question which often arises is whether Christians should give ten percent of their gross income (before deductions) or ten percent of their net income (after deductions). The right answer for the wage earner is to give ten percent before deductions or ten percent of your gross income. Would you like to receive God’s gross blessings or His net blessing? Surely you would want to receive the full blessings of God that are available to you!

B. Offering

The second thing you learn about proportionate giving is about the offering. An offering is considered to be the amount given above the tithe. The tithe is an obligation to give; the offering is an opportunity to give. Luke instructs us concerning giving, saying, “Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again” (Luke 6:38). How exciting it is to give and to see that God keeps promises such as this one in Luke! Allow the Spirit of God to impress on your heart to whom, when, and how much to give as an offering.

III. Promise of Giving

Within the text in Malachi, you find two promises of giving for those who are faithful to honor God with their tithes and offerings.

A. Promise of Provision

The first promise of giving is that of provision. Malachi wrote of the promise of provision saying, “prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of Hosts, if I will not open you the windows of Heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it” (Malachi 3:10b). God has promised an abundant blessing for those who trust Him by giving their tithes and their offerings. Will you not prove God?

B. Promise of Protection

Another important promise of this text is that of protection. Malachi wrote, “And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of Hosts” (Malachi 3:11). Someone has wisely said, “You will either give your tithe to God or end up giving it to the doctor or the mechanic. God always gets His tithe!” The choice as to whom you give your tithes is yours.

Failure to honor God with your tithes and offerings will be a hindrance to your spiritual growth. So give that you might grow!

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is an incident related to me by one of my close friend.

he used to have a classmate lets call him IDIOT. IDIOT is a fellow members of the CHC, he is from a well to do family but he always borrow money from his friends to settle for his meals throughout his poly life.

situation got so bad that he practically borrowed money from everyone without having the intention of returning. be it somebody he knows for a few days or someone who might just be his lecture mates.

this is the most pissed off part he will just praise dog if someone lend him money to settle for his lunch. saying dog has taken care of him.

one day my friend got pissed off and ask him,

"how much allowance did your mum gave you? you lived in a very much bigger landed property, i am sure its very much more than mine."

this is IDIOT ANSWER
"i love my church so much that i donated all my allowance to the church. that why i am borrowing from you all"

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
the christian faith, despite its monotheistic innovation is no different from other religions.

faith + donation = salvation + paradise