• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Singaporeans in NZ regretting moving there.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Everything that you get from the state; education, healthcare, pension, is NOT FREE! You paid tax for it. And how much you get depends on how efficiently the money is used. In some European countries, pensions have dried up because the tax dollars were inefficiently spent. In America, teachers have gone on strike because despite the high taxes, the money is poorly utilized and their schools are run down and salaries not paid.

In Singapore, you pay low taxes but the tax dollars are well utilized. The healthcare here is acceptable and I have not heard of any local schools here getting shut down because the government has run out of money.

singapore is a small ass country,like the french president once said,managing singapore is like managing marseilles.it dont mean shit if u can balance singapore's budget,especially when u have a 300 bil dollar ponzi fund and spend less than 1 percent gdp on welfare.and how do u know our ministries are not spending money recklessly?i want to know why has the budget for our defense ballooned from 7 bil to 14 bil dollars in a matter of ten years and where is the money going,every single ministry is a cost center and im pretty sure many budgets are ballooning out of control,i want a detailed account on where all the money is going when the billions upon billions can be spend on welfare for sinkies instead of salaries and pointless white elephants.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when i move to australia i will play this song every morning on my alarm clock.

[video=youtube;Uyb67x1C2Dg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyb67x1C2Dg[/video]

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
singapore is a small ass country,like the french president once said,managing singapore is like managing marseilles.it dont mean shit if u can balance singapore's budget,especially when u have a 300 bil dollar ponzi fund and spend less than 1 percent gdp on welfare.and how do u know our ministries are not spending money recklessly?i want to know why has the budget for our defense ballooned from 7 bil to 14 bil dollars in a matter of ten years and where is the money going,every single ministry is a cost center and im pretty sure many budgets are ballooning out of control,i want a detailed account on where all the money is going when the billions upon billions can be spend on welfare for sinkies instead of salaries and pointless white elephants.

And to think. HSK can get a stroke for doing such a simple job...

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Marseille is one of the most dangerous cities in France. It has a high crime rate, its demographics show that close to half the city's residents aren't French or do not embrace France's secular values. The French are morons and can't run a decent city council. I wouldn't trust the French to manage an SMC in Singapore as efficiently as the average PAP MP.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/2...m-population-most-dangerous-daniel-greenfield

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
you could have fooled me..I have read your rants on this forum...

I don't intend and no need to fool anyone. It is a fact Sporeans are generally polite and not barbarians who litter, cut queues at custom, etc. Any rants are targeted on people who have done great injustice to me. They deserved it totally and are nothing compared to the harm the mudlanders did to me.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Actually Sg was almost there up till mid 2000 before the floodgate open and the country become overcrowded and messy.

If PAP didn't do that, our suburban malls may be as empty as the ones in Orchard Road, sparking a huge property devaluation and possible recession. PAP is doing a good job managing the economy, unlike the dumb WP or SDP who keep coming up with populist and xenophobic suggestions to run Singapore. If SDP or WP ran Singapore, good luck to us all! It would be time to emigrate or risk watching our womenfolk go to other countries to work as maids, masseurs and hookers.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
If PAP didn't do that, our suburban malls may be as empty as the ones in Orchard Road, sparking a huge property devaluation and possible recession. PAP is doing a good job managing the economy, unlike the dumb WP or SDP who keep coming up with populist and xenophobic suggestions to run Singapore. If SDP or WP ran Singapore, good luck to us all! It would be time to emigrate or risk watching our womenfolk go to other countries to work as maids, masseurs and hookers.

I rather the suburban malls be empty and property values remain low rather than malls overcrowded and property went up beyond my reach with rules changed to disallow me from buying HDB and i end up buying in JB.

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
S'porean regrets migrating to new zealand, think twice before you come

You have been warned.
It's a shit place to be.:biggrin:

From All Singapore Stuff
S'POREAN REGRETS MIGRATING TO NEW ZEALAND, THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU COME

Submitted by farhan on Tue, 24/05/2016 - 9:56am

<Credits: Ming>

I’m a Singaporean and have been in NZ for the past almost 5 years. I have traveled extensively prior to coming to NZ and never have I seen any other country that exhibits such ridiculous behaviors! Imagine turning on the TV and the ads are showing you that 1) Violence is Not ok, 2) Do not ever shake a baby, 3) People drinking and driving, 4) People speeding recklessly and the list goes on. The ongoing consistent messages out there truly reflects the dire circumstances of the social behaviors of the Kiwis.

In addition, basic literacy rate is quite poor. I just about to tear my hair out when people spell “Masters Ave” as “maRster’s ave”, “there” spelled as “their” and if you add an up-size fries to a burger meal, they totally lost count of how much they need to pay! So REALLY, send your kids here to study.

And yes, jobs are extremely hard to find here and if you are so lucky to get one, be prepared for the large amount of taxes you have to pay. If you earn between NZ$14,001 to NZ$48,000/year (which is most likely for many people), your tax rate is 21% (excluding ACC levy). Well in SG, you will have to earn 6 times more ie: SG$320,000 (which is about NZD$322,328 at today’s exchange rate) before you are tax at 21%. How good is that?!

NZ Tax rate: http://www.ird.govt.nz/how-to/taxrates-codes/itaxsalaryandwage-incometax...
SG Tax Rate: http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=1190

PS: oh by the way, your taxes are paying for those people who are on benefits, as well as those that are drinking from 9am in the morning to 10pm at night, the ones that yell at you to “go back to china” (they have no idea of other countries except for england, australia and south africa.. did i mention china?), the ones that NEED to have a cigarette break EVERY 30 minutes while you slog on and on at work, not to mention legal aid for the Kiwis who just happened to be drunk or “mentally unstable” and decide to torch your car for no reason other than they just did!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: S'porean regrets migrating to new zealand, think twice before you come

Like any country there are people who are failures or have their priorities mixed up. This guy despite claimed to have travelled extensively probably did not observe what was going on and certainly did not read up much. His general knowledge is also poor.

There are Singaporeans who will give an arm and leg to get to a first World country and raise their family there. Besides the work life balance, there are so many things that you can do that you can never do in Singapore. Just recently heard of a Singapore teacher who joined their Custom Service. He is so happy and he tells everyone that he is lucky. Luck might have played a part but he did put in the effort and it paid off.

In the event of a personal disaster, there are well laid out programmes to help people. A true safety net exist. There is no need to go begging to your MP who is more likely to tell you to sell your flat.

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: S'porean regrets migrating to new zealand, think twice before you come

Bloody John Key is thinking more like LHL at the moment, wanting to turn NZ like SG, operating like a company.
SHIT.
Bloody know housing and infrastructural shortage, yet refuse to do anything about it.
SHIT.