• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Staycation Phenomenon in Singapore

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tink many Sinkies will say they dont hve much time on their hands, its work work and pay pay to keep the Regime happy. Housing loan, Kids Education Mthly Govt Bills enough to make you Slave for tis Regime. Staycation are for pple like us, with no dreams in Sinkieland, just be happy, please yourself, enjoy life and do no harm to others.The only dream is when can we hve all our CPF back into our own account.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tink many Sinkies will say they dont hve much time on their hands, its work work and pay pay to keep the Regime happy. Housing loan, Kids Education Mthly Govt Bills enough to make you Slave for tis Regime. Staycation are for pple like us, with no dreams in Sinkieland, just be happy, please yourself, enjoy life and do no harm to others.The only dream is when can we hve all our CPF back into our own account.

I tink its wishful thinking on the CPF going back to one"s account!

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
The passengers were also great characters. Read all of Paul Theroux's books on train journeys despite his ego. .

Bro,
How can you forget the sharing of rokok when our own supply runs low? Brotherhood were forged this way.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Absolutely. It was the passport to meet people and chat. Always a pack of Marlboro in the pocket. Now that we are on the subject, I do remember that one drops off at Tapah Road station and take a taxi to the town. As is the custom, cab rides are shared, sometime 2 people in front with driver. No complaints from schoolboy with little money. A Singaporean guy who spoke well and who seemed well educated told me that a particular coffeeshop in Tapah was known for Mango Juice. At that time, Mango turned to juice was unknown. Good recommendation. From Tapah, made some inquiries and found the last bus was leaving soon. When the driver signaled departure, everyone rushed forward with basket, live chickens, vegetables etc. Managed to get on board. All the way to Brinchang and what a site. Spent a week. Brinchang was good for the very cool weather and good accommodation. Found a room in Hotel Brinchang and saw this Ang Mo Singapore lawyer, working on his case. Tanah Rata was place to be for the younger crowd. The Bus station had a juke box and people gathered around it. It also had an Ice cream and Strawberry bar similar to Magnolia Bar of the old days. Did the Boh tea estate, Robinson Falls etc. Great time. Chinese food was delicious, lots of vegetables and straight from the farms. Also came across the Sakais who always order large tea in the coffeeshop with their bow and arrows on the floor. Usually come in family units.

Bro,
How can you forget the sharing of rokok when our own supply runs low? Brotherhood were forged this way.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonderful memories of Taman Negara. I was surprised how cool it was and everything was so pristine. The locals were polite and very helpful.

Malaysia is wasted on Malaysians. I am probably echoing the late LKY's sentiments.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Absolutely. It was the passport to meet people and chat. Always a pack of Marlboro in the pocket. Now that we are on the subject, I do remember that one drops off at Tapah Road station and take a taxi to the town. As is the custom, cab rides are shared, sometime 2 people in front with driver. No complaints from schoolboy with little money. A Singaporean guy who spoke well and who seemed well educated told me that a particular coffeeshop in Tapah was known for Mango Juice. At that time, Mango turned to juice was unknown. Good recommendation. From Tapah, made some inquiries and found the last bus was leaving soon. When the driver signaled departure, everyone rushed forward with basket, live chickens, vegetables etc. Managed to get on board. All the way to Brinchang and what a site. Spent a week. Brinchang was good for the very cool weather and good accommodation. Found a room in Hotel Brinchang and saw this Ang Mo Singapore lawyer, working on his case. Tanah Rata was place to be for the younger crowd. The Bus station had a juke box and people gathered around it. It also had an Ice cream and Strawberry bar similar to Magnolia Bar of the old days. Did the Boh tea estate, Robinson Falls etc. Great time. Chinese food was delicious, lots of vegetables and straight from the farms. Also came across the Sakais who always order large tea in the coffeeshop with their bow and arrows on the floor. Usually come in family units.

Cameron is pretty awful now, bro. Dirty and congested. Sad.