• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Pmets lai lai! Please cum join semiconductor industry

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
WHICH BRAINLESS SCHOLAR COME UP WITH THIS PLAN?

New programme for PMETs to switch to wafer fab industry launched

SINGAPORE: A new professional conversion programme (PCP) for the wafer fabrication industry was unveiled by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA) on Monday (May 16). It will allow professionals, managers, executives and technicians (PMETs) to acquire skills required in the wafer fabrication industry and make a mid-career switch.

Ranging from six to 12 months, the PCP comprises modules from the Wafer Fab Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ), structured on-job-training and in-house classroom training. It will also lower companies' cost of hiring new entrants and reskilling for new jobs by providing salary support during the period of training at 70 per cent of salary, at a cap of S$2,000 per month.
WDA's chief executive, Ng Cher Pong, said that the wafer fabrication industry is one where employment growth is still healthy.
WDA hopes that as the economy restructures, the programme will help those displaced to look for new opportunities, Mr Ng said.

Three major wafer fabrication MNCs will be hiring up to 70 local PMETs under the Wafer Fab PCP. These companies are Micron Semiconductor Asia, Globalfoundries Singapore as well as Systems on Silicon Manufacturing Company (SSMC).
SSMC launched its new training centre called the LEAN Centre on Monday, which is expected to host some components of the Wafer Fab PCP and other training programmes.

Manpower Minister Lim Swee Say, who was the guest-of-honour at SSMC, said companies should take the economic slowdown as an opportunity to invest for the future.
"This time round, as we go through this slowdown, the industry will still be investing for the future, helping people, and should now turn a solid training framework into a platform for us to strengthen the Singaporean core even further," he said.
"In other words, start preparing people now, to be prepared for the upturn," he added.

Singapore's wafer fabrication industry produced one million wafers per month in 2013, accounting for one in 10 wafer manufactured globally, said WDA in a media release. It added that the semiconductor industry is one of Singapore's key manufacturing industries, employing 36,600 workers, or about roughly half of the total electronics workforce.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Semi con is dying in Singapore. Whole industry knows even Taiwan where it is most adv is floundering.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Semi con is dying in Singapore. Whole industry knows even Taiwan where it is most adv is floundering.

Why is WDA coming out with such stupid schemes? Probably looking for cheap workers since S-Passes are not supposedly restricted.

Complete joke for this country that moving its own well educated citizen ever lower into low(vering) value jobs while foreign PMETS are filling up the high value business roles.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not too bad,wafer factory is a easy and brainless job,solid iron rice bowl too,although its not a growth industry but still a nice living.factory work can be promoted as the new taxi driver occupation for all redundant irrelevant sinkies.

what we are witnessing here is a renaissance in singapore economy,a return to our kampong roots.first wafer and silicon manufacturing,then tiger balm and kong guan biscuit manufacturing,finally attap seed and rubber plantation cultivation.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what we are witnessing here is a renaissance in singapore economy,a return to our kampong roots.first wafer and silicon manufacturing,then tiger balm and kong guan biscuit manufacturing,finally attap seed and rubber plantation cultivation.

3 MNCs hiring 70 local PMETS is a renaissance? :*:

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
3 MNCs hiring 70 local PMETS is a renaissance? :*:

From Gilbert Goh's website:

Asst engineer who became production technician quit midway and made to pay penalty

Hi Gilbert,

Good day to you Sir.

First came to know about your website through a friend social network media. Understand that you are doing for a good cause for the unemployed locals.

I have a middle aged friend who is umemployed for one year already.

He desperately needed a job and went down to the Employment Agency to sign a confirmation letter with an employment agent after attending a mass recruitment drive by the agent’s client (a semi-conductor company owned by a foreign MNC company).

He went through a plant tour, attended the interview with the client’s hiring manager and was selected almost immediately on the same day.

He went down to sign the employment letter a few days later, it was a 6-month contract requiring him to serve a 4-week notice or salary in lieu thereof should he quit the production technician job.

My friend was happy because he finally landed a job that somehow fit to his criteria ( 8am-5.30pm, 5-day week job, travel distance close to his house).

However, his nightmare begins soon after…

On the first day of work, the client’s HR issue them their company uniforms and employee passes for clocking in and out of company (reminding the 13 new production technician of salary deduction when not on time, even lunch time also need to clock in and out on time else deduct pay).

HR brought them to the production department and the hiring manager took over.

These 13 new technicians were subsequently assigned to each section and workstation.

My friend found out that their supervisor never gave an introduction to the team and there is no safety briefing involved (probably accident is low or don’t have).

As an middle age guy (coming to 50 years old), it was very hard for him to pick up very manual work and very fine (microscope needed) precise assembly task that is repetitive in nature.

Worse still, he went to toilets many times and the drinking station was far away from his work station.

He complained that his body is aching and his very eye strained after work.

He found that the people there were very hostile and were impatient in training him (maybe the staff there felt frustrated as they need to train new recruit and at the same time meet the daily output).

After trying and struggling to do the job, my friend threw in the tower and decided to resign.

He sent in the resignation letter with a day notice and the hiring manager asked him the reason why.

He told him that he was not suitable for a production job (previously he worked as an assistant engineer).

There were other work for him but my friend said it will be strenuous and a challenge to him as he also has other chronic illness (diabetes type 2 and on long term medication).

The hiring manager and HR accepted his resignation based on medical ground (due to doctor’s medical examination result and during recruitment interview my friend had indicated on the application form that he is suffering on long term diabetes type 2).

His resignation was subsequently approved by the hiring manager and the HR due to a valid reason and my friend don’t have to pay them 4-week notice salary.

Now, the headache part comes in – the employment agent may take action on my friend to ask him to pay 100% of offered salary as he didn’t serve a 1-month notice.

My friend has been calling and waiting for the agent to revert but all the agent said was she will check with her boss.

Till date there is no reply and my friend is worried about the payment and maybe a lawyer letter that followed. Please advise.

Sincerely, AL

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pap ministar lim swee swee only know how to talk thru his arse. it read that "Three major wafer fabrication MNCs will be hiring up to 70 local PMETs under the Wafer Fab PCP." wow! looking at the numbers i feel so rich,oh... i mean i am so impressed.:oIo:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
pap ministar lim swee swee only know how to talk thru his arse. it read that "Three major wafer fabrication MNCs will be hiring up to 70 local PMETs under the Wafer Fab PCP." wow! looking at the numbers i feel so rich,oh... i mean i am so impressed.:oIo:

You a one to talk eh? 70 of us will be enjoying free flow beverages from our staff lounge, laughing at you struggling in Australia. ahaha :rolleyes:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You a one to talk eh? 70 of us will be enjoying free flow beverages from our staff lounge, laughing at you struggling in Australia. ahaha :rolleyes:

how can he be struggling when a mcdonalds job in australia pays more than a pmet in manufacturing in singapore?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

aiyo, unthinking statement. life in OZ, you dun have to struggle, remember, it's a welfare state.:rolleyes:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't believe in PAP anymore.

another money wasted investment where 1 billion Chinese in China can do the job for 50%. cost. The fucking Pommies can see 300 million people population in China in 1700-1800s and run a lucrative opium trade monopoly in China and therefore why invest in lazy Singapore.

Singapore is in the main region of lazy people population with no future. m&ds are not materialistic people and no future in this SEA region. The Pommies can come in easily to colonized Singapore, Labuan and Strait Settlement and later run a drug trade business targeting mainly Chinese population of 3000,000 in Singapore alone without any resistance or revolt.

New Markets

As China tightened her borders, Britain pinned her hopes on her other Asian colonies. Opium production in the Straits Settlements (Singapore, Penang, Malacca, Labuan) rose from 353,938 pounds in 1916 to 370,688 pounds in 1920, in spite of Britain’s promise at the Hague Convention to limit opium sales. In 1918, 60% of Britain’s Asian income was derived from opium sales. In 1925, opium accounted for 48% of Singapore’s revenue, and 100% of North Borneo’s. At the 1923 Opium Conference, Mr. Campbell admitted that the British Indian government was determined to maintain high levels of both internal consumption and export, and that they,

“controlled the production, distribution, sale, possession – every possible practical question which could arise in connection with opium—in the strictest possible manner—They had built up a complicated and highly efficient administrative system which started from the time the poppy seed was put into the ground, and did not relinquish control of the drug until it was in the hands of the consumers, or till it was actually exported.”

Some wits noted wryly that the Crown did all but light the addicts’ pipes.

When Indians begged Britain to abandon the opium policy, Britain responded that her opium monopoly was a humanitarian service to India (as it had been to China), and that to end the trade would be “a mockery; to many millions it would be sheer inhumanity.”

History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives.
Abba Eban, Israeli politician

Coming Home to Roost
Lin Ze Xu had warned a century earlier, “For so long as your subjects make opium, who knows but they will not sooner or later take to smoking it?” Lin was a prophet.

http://www.amoymagic.com/OpiumWar.htm

go for soft skill P2P skill more in demand and always something new .. new versions ... and global ...

http://blenderbasics2-5.blogspot.com.au/p/beginners-start-here.html

aiyo, unthinking statement. life in OZ, you dun have to struggle, remember, it's a welfare state.:rolleyes:

Last edited: