• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious "chit chat" vs "serious" prefixes.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It has not been explained and most don't know what the fuck is going on so here's the explanation.

The "serious zone" is dead. While the concept is sound it is too idealistic to expect people to post in a section which is a lot quieter than the main coffee shop. Everybody wants page views and responses.

The serious section will therefore be merged with the cafe.

However thread starters have the option of deciding what sort of direction they want their thread to take.

If they don't mind some light hearted banter, jokes, sarcasm, trading of insults etc then they choose the "chitchat" prefix.

If they would like to keep their thread on topic and free of distractions and stupid comments, then prefix it "serious" and the mods will penalise those who try to hijack the thread with their vendettas.

Simple and straightforward. Thanks everyone for putting in an effort to make this work.

PS: I have tagged this thread "serious" so sane and rational responses only please. If you have some smart alec remarks to make start your own thread about this subject.

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All these because of your dumbshit egoistic "god" screwball banning people who called him an idiot or a simpleton. You just dun get it do you? you are the one who made him the untouchable here.

Free speech in SBF my ass _|_

35 members and 180 fake guests... thats what I saw few days ago around this time. Its pathetic.......

SarahPeiLing

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am a non serious MP who has somehow convinced voters to send me into Parliament based on laughable stories that i go around picking used tampons.

Is such a frivolous person like me welcome in serious threads

Or should i pay more attention to my MPS and actually earn my pay? Please advise, I don't know what to think.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wrote a serious response to this a few days back and that thread has vanished…how about emojis?

Spectacles for serious, beach ball for chitchat….and specially for Golden Dragon, Deboner and JW5…a pink stiletto for gay topics.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
All these because of your dumbshit egoistic "god" screwball banning people who called him an idiot or a simpleton. You just dun get it do you? you are the one who made him the untouchable here.

Free speech in SBF my ass _|_

35 members and 180 fake guests... thats what I saw few days ago around this time. Its pathetic.......

We've been through all this before. It's not about censorship it's about organising and classification.

Serious threads are for serious discussions. Chit chat threads are for chit chat and the usual rubbish.

It's been 15 years and you still don't understand what free speech means. It means you're allowed to spew shit but please shit in the designated area and not in the middle of an MRT station.

If you can't understand this simple concept and you don't like this place then just leave. It's that simple.

This forum was never about traffic. It was my little place to talk cock with like minded people. If 15 of those 35 logged on members provide some interesting discussions that's all I need. There are blogs I read run by just one person but I still read them.

As far as scroobal is concerned you forget the reason why he left in the first place.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I wrote a serious response to this a few days back and that thread has vanished…how about emojis?

Spectacles for serious, beach ball for chitchat….and specially for Golden Dragon, Deboner and JW5…a pink stiletto for gay topics.

What thread was that? what was the title?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Man, you seriously think I keep track of stuff like that?

It's just gone….just that reading a big blue constant prefix disrupts the flow of the thread title….but whatever.

I'm asking because I don't see any deleted threads in the logs.

jw5

Loyal
We've been through all this before. It's not about censorship it's about organising and classification.

Serious threads are for serious discussions. Chit chat threads are for chit chat and the usual rubbish.

It's been 15 years and you still don't understand what free speech means. It means you're allowed to spew shit but please shit in the designated area and not in the middle of an MRT station.

If you can't understand this simple concept and you don't like this place then just leave. It's that simple.

This forum was never about traffic. It was my little place to talk cock with like minded people. If 15 of those 35 logged on members provide some interesting discussions that's all I need. There are blogs I read run by just one person but I still read them.

As far as scroobal is concerned you forget the reason why he left in the first place.

Couple Of Points:

1. Scroobal left because his identity as former police scholar Mark Andrew Yeo Kah Chong was revealed correctly. He returned because he thought his clones had done enough trolling to convince people that the revelation was wrong.

2. If you don't like my point #1 above, please see post#4 in this thread. Best of luck being led around by the nose in your forum by the above-mentioned. :wink:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Couple Of Points:

1. Scroobal left because his identity as former police scholar Mark Andrew Yeo Kah Chong was revealed correctly. He returned because he thought his clones had done enough trolling to convince people that the revelation was wrong.

2. If you don't like my point #1 above, please see post#4 in this thread. Best of luck being led around by the nose in your forum by the above-mentioned. :wink:

We've been through all this before so there is no need to rehash things. I already told you I couldn't give a shit about who is behind the each moniker. All I want is to log in and be entertained.

I run the forum. I know pretty much what goes on behind the scenes and while your conclusions may differ it honesty does not matter.

This forum costs me money. I gain nothing from keeping it going other than the satisfaction of running it and enjoying the content. One banner on top does not pay the bills.

If I gain no satisfaction or enjoyment then there is no point carrying on.

I would like everyone to stay and contribute and there is no reason why anyone needs to leave. However I have to remind everyone once again that nobody is being forced to log on.

For many years there has been no moderation and the forum has gone to the dogs. Now there is some moderation and of course there will be accusations of unfairness and that's because everyone has their own biases. Some nicks irritate the hell out of me while some nicks don't. That's life.

At the end of the day as long points are argued logically nobody should be banned no matter which "camp" they belong to. It's the disrupters that are the bane of many threads and disruptions occur when social discourse turns into a pissing contest rather than a contest of minds.

Of course different mods will have different ideas about who exactly started the disruption. That's where biases come in. It can't be helped.

chongpangchixwings

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its a new start in a way so why not give it a try. Just some new rules to observe which isnt too difficult to do then if you feel like it stay or, if not leave.

jw5

Loyal
We've been through all this before so there is no need to rehash things. I already told you I couldn't give a shit about who is behind the each moniker. All I want is to log in and be entertained.

I run the forum. I know pretty much what goes on behind the scenes and while your conclusions may differ it honesty does not matter.

This forum costs me money. I gain nothing from keeping it going other than the satisfaction of running it and enjoying the content. One banner on top does not pay the bills.

If I gain no satisfaction or enjoyment then there is no point carrying on.

I would like everyone to stay and contribute and there is no reason why anyone needs to leave. However I have to remind everyone once again that nobody is being forced to log on.

For many years there has been no moderation and the forum has gone to the dogs. Now there is some moderation and of course there will be accusations of unfairness and that's because everyone has their own biases. Some nicks irritate the hell out of me while some nicks don't. That's life.

At the end of the day as long points are argued logically nobody should be banned no matter which "camp" they belong to. It's the disrupters that are the bane of many threads and disruptions occur when social discourse turns into a pissing contest rather than a contest of minds.

Of course different mods will have different ideas about who exactly started the disruption. That's where biases come in. It can't be helped.

Couple More Points:

1. You decide for yourself whether post#4 is a disruptive post in this "serious thread". Also look at some of the posts in the thread below. There are of course many others but this thread is just an example.

http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?229430-Request-for-moderator-to-indicate-reason-for-ban

2. You are already rich enough. It's time to have some moral courage. Try not to be a deluded hypocrite like your moderator who is banning people for "not being on his side". :wink:

Last edited:

scroobye

Alfrescian
Loyal
It has not been explained and most don't know what the fuck is going on so here's the explanation.

The "serious zone" is dead. While the concept is sound it is too idealistic to expect people to post in a section which is a lot quieter than the main coffee shop. Everybody wants page views and responses.

The serious section will therefore be merged with the cafe.

However thread starters have the option of deciding what sort of direction they want their thread to take.

If they don't mind some light hearted banter, jokes, sarcasm, trading of insults etc then they choose the "chitchat" prefix.

If they would like to keep their thread on topic and free of distractions and stupid comments, then prefix it "serious" and the mods will penalise those who try to hijack the thread with their vendettas.

Simple and straightforward. Thanks everyone for putting in an effort to make this work.

PS: I have tagged this thread "serious" so sane and rational responses only please. If you have some smart alec remarks to make start your own thread about this subject.

I see thanks for putting serious on the topic header here so we know what to expect.

I thought this is a serious thread so why the usual mention about gays you know insults in the very thread that was started to address this issue. The sheer audacity for that moniker jholmesjr to bring up insults in the very same thread that was started to address it and also this thread is titled serious but apparently he doesn't care nor seem afraid at all to bring up that nonsense.

I see organising and classification whereby certain nicks are allowed to throw in a few insults but other monikers get banned straight away and what is even worse the refusal to admit the double standards like i have already shown in this very thread.

Scroobal left in the first place cos you told him off so you are now making it back to him?

We had a similar situation in Delphi when people paid for membership and got Walt to do their bidding. And we supported you when you left. This is the same. No points and no issues, no zapping.and we wont be having this discussion.

JW5 has been disrupting thread after thread and he outplays you when it comes to brinkmanship. You must have reached your limit at least 10 times - quite an elastic limit.

If cant handle him, please don't preach to me about flow.

Thank you for the past and for the valuable cover that you provided me. I do not take it for granted and my respect for you being bold and brave in helping Singaporeans. I do leave with good memories as I did gained more that I ever gave.

Couple Of Points:

Yup difference between your post and post #4. Wants to ban you for talking about scroobal sees post #4 talking about calling others gay leaves jholmesjr unbanned. Clear cut double standards.

scroobye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Couple More Points:

1. You decide for yourself whether post#4 is a disruptive post in this "serious thread". Also look at some of the posts in the thread below. There are of course many others but this thread is just an example.

http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?229430-Request-for-moderator-to-indicate-reason-for-ban

2. You are already rich enough. It's time to have some moral courage. Try not to be a deluded hypocrite like your moderator who is banning people for "not being on his side". :wink:

I wonder what would happen if say certain monikers let's say maybe I or kryonlight, stompiss mentioned about "gays" etc would we remain unbanned especially since this thread is started with the header "serious".

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Its a new start in a way so why not give it a try. Just some new rules to observe which isnt too difficult to do then if you feel like it stay or, if not leave.

You would not believe just how irritating it is to log in every morning and see threads full of the same old shit.

You know the nicks... Jah (racist shit), Jw5 (needy etc etc), Golden dragon (all sorts of rubbish), escher (piano wire etc -he's gone thank goodness) etc.

I ended up joining the bandwagon with my usual "ang mohs are the best" rubbish. I had absolutely no incentive whatsoever to actually engage in civilised conversation.

This effort is one last gasp. If it doesn't work that's it. There are plenty of other platforms now. Unlike the early days Singapore does not need this forum anymore. There are hundreds of sites plus facebook, twitter etc to curse the government on.

Those who like this forum are welcome to try to make things work. Those who don't can leave. When the dust settles we'll see whether it is worth the USD400 it costs every month to operate. If it isn't I'll move on.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Couple Of Points:

Kindly show proof or verification of your allegations. If you are unable to meet the challenge it answers why we have so much contempt for you and your ilk.

chongpangchixwings

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You would not believe just how irritating it is to log in every morning and see threads full of the same old shit.

You know the nicks... Jah (racist shit), Jw5 (needy etc etc), Golden dragon (all sorts of rubbish), escher (piano wire etc -he's gone thank goodness) etc.

I ended up joining the bandwagon with my usual "ang mohs are the best" rubbish. I had absolutely no incentive whatsoever to actually engage in civilised conversation.

This effort is one last gasp. If it doesn't work that's it. There are plenty of other platforms now. Unlike the early days Singapore does not need this forum anymore. There are hundreds of sites plus facebook, twitter etc to curse the government on.

Those who like this forum are welcome to try to make things work. Those who don't can leave. When the dust settles we'll see whether it is worth the USD400 it costs every month to operate. If it isn't I'll move on.

It appears to be working, there's no doubt about it. The content is better and more interesting and those ad nauseum type posts are gone. It just remains for you to address some grieviences here and there and I'm sure things will be smoother from now on.
It would help though if the moderators maintain a certain consistency along with the standards otherwise people will still cry foul.

jw5

Loyal
Kindly show proof or verification of your allegations. If you are unable to meet the challenge it answers why we have so much contempt for you and your ilk.

Couple Of Points:

1. No proof is needed because as the forum owner has said before, "nobody is on trial here".

2. Debonerman and scroobal are monikers used by the same person. But as the forum owner mentioned earlier, it doesn't matter, and I agree. :wink:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I see organising and classification whereby certain nicks are allowed to throw in a few insults but other monikers get banned straight away and what is even worse the refusal to admit the double standards like i have already shown in this very thread.

Scroobal left in the first place cos you told him off so you are now making it back to him?

I have changed nothing. Scroobal was pissed off because of the way I ran the forum and returned because he thought my days were numbered.

There has been zero moderation in his absence. I just let everyone say whatever they pleased. Occasionally when I had a bit of time I transferred shit to the shit zone.

I consider myself a failure as far as this forum is concerned. The rep system did not work, the infraction system did not work and when I tried to make the forum pay for itself instead of having to fork out $$$ every month by introducing paid membership the whole scheme blew up in my face because I was naive enough to believe that the majority of those who paid would have a vested interest in seeing the forum succeed and would help me out in keeping the place going.

Instead what I got was an army of clones who banned scores of innocent members on a daily basis by infracting them to death. I spent hours unbanning them.

I have given up trying to run the forum. Those who don't like how it operates now please leave. Those who are happy please stay. I don't have the time nor the energy nor the years left to keep having to explain things.

If you're not happy vote with your feet. I wish you the very best wherever you decide to take up residency.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Couple Of Points:

1. No proof is needed because as the forum owner has said before, "nobody is on trial here".

2. Debonerman and scroobal are monikers used by the same person. But as the forum owner mentioned earlier, it doesn't matter, and I agree. :wink:

Thank you for saving me the effort to explain why I call you a sub human homosexual piss of a species. You want to play psychology game I have to sadly inform you it sucks.