• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Causes of death - Interactive

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, very interesting and does show the link to stereotypes. I always felt that when it comes to Asians, orientals should be separated as diet is very distinct.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I want it to happen as soon as possible. The thought of living too long makes me really miserable.

We share the same sentiment. This is why I smoke and drink like there is no tomorrow. With any luck, there will actually be no tomorrow!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You likely to go the full distance. Folks that are fully prepared, calm to the point where nothing about death fazes them end up carrying on. Not sure if there is a medical reason connected to being calm but there must be some relevance.

I am sure you are the type that knows how to occupy your time meaningfully. Most folks in their sunset years do the cruise, tours circuit. The odd contrarians that I have met do things such as going into business but not for profit but to busy themselves and keep chatting with people they meet. Pub, coffee kiosk, donut shops etc. They tell me that that the fear of getting stuck in the house terrifies them. I suspect elderly pet owners are the same especially the ones that adopted a pet for the first time. Taking the do for walk is not just for the pet but for themselves. Its all good.

I've pretty much done all that I want to do. I could go today with no regrets.

Count168

Alfrescian
Loyal
You likely to go the full distance. Folks that are fully prepared, calm to the point where nothing about death fazes them end up carrying on. Not sure if there is a medical reason connected to being calm but there must be some relevance.

I am sure you are the type that knows how to occupy your time meaningfully. Most folks in their sunset years do the cruise, tours circuit. The odd contrarians that I have met do things such as going into business but not for profit but to busy themselves and keep chatting with people they meet. Pub, coffee kiosk, donut shops etc. They tell me that that the fear of getting stuck in the house terrifies them. I suspect elderly pet owners are the same especially the ones that adopted a pet for the first time. Taking the do for walk is not just for the pet but for themselves. Its all good.

Sir, very good advice.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

I'm now living life at 100mph juggling internet stuff with a photography business plus cycling plus travel.

Photography is the most satisfying because it actually creates something which will outlast me.

I would like it to end suddenly while I'm on a high.... a massive heart attack at the top of Ventoux would be great. I'll be there in 2017 if all goes to plan.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
A true believer heading to Mecca for the final fulfilment. Make sure there is nothing questionable in your system, if not you will be placed next to Simpson. I banished the thought of ever going to Mecca. By the way, sat right infront of Froome at Emirates lounge in Dubai. He was typing away and I was doing the same. When I finally looked up, too stoned to open my mouth and wish him the best.

By the way got the EM5MkII sometime back. Thanks for the test shot in the cafe some years back. That convinced me.

I'm now living life at 100mph juggling internet stuff with a photography business plus cycling plus travel.

Photography is the most satisfying because it actually creates something which will outlast me.

I would like it to end suddenly while I'm on a high.... a massive heart attack at the top of Ventoux would be great. I'll be there in 2017 if all goes to plan.

amazonforest

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you mean Chris Froome the mint OBE?

A true believer heading to Mecca for the final fulfilment. Make sure there is nothing questionable in your system, if not you will be placed next to Simpson. I banished the thought of ever going to Mecca. By the way, sat right infront of Froome at Emirates lounge in Dubai. He was typing away and I was doing the same. When I finally looked up, too stoned to open my mouth and wish him the best.

By the way got the EM5MkII sometime back. Thanks for the test shot in the cafe some years back. That convinced me.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. He was actually wearing "Sky" badged casuals, though not every conspicuous. Baseball cap, slung low. Even his laptop case was badged "Sky". The lounge was pretty crowded and I just grabbed this seat. He was already there.

Do you mean Chris Froome the mint OBE?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Yes. He was actually wearing "Sky" badged casuals, though not every conspicuous. Baseball cap, slung low. Even his laptop case was badged "Sky". The lounge was pretty crowded and I just grabbed this seat. He was already there.

He was complaining about the snow, the cold and the wet and its dangers in a recent tweet.

I replied to his tweet and told him that if he was too scared to ride in bad conditions he could always go home and leave it to the genuine hard men of the sport to do battle.

The response? He (or his minders) blocked my account within an hour of my tweet.

Draw your own conclusions.

Attachments

• chrisfroome.gif
    chrisfroome.gif
    51.6 KB · Views: 347

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not surprised based on his background. Single parent trying to make ends meet etc. Certainly not a team player. Very much a loner, never one to show his cards.

He was complaining about the snow, the cold and the wet and its dangers in a recent tweet.

I replied to his tweet and told him that if he was too scared to ride in bad conditions he could always go home and leave it to the genuine hard men of the sport to do battle.

The response? He (or his minders) blocked my account within an hour of my tweet.

Draw your own conclusions.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I am not surprised based on his background. Single parent trying to make ends meet etc. Certainly not a team player. Very much a loner, never one to show his cards.

I hardly ever read facebook and twitter feeds because they are all sanitized. In this forum you you have to think before you type something or risk being blasted to smithereens. It hones your instincts and actually prepares you for real world encounters. :biggrin:

I could still be Froome's number one fan despite taking him to task on the issue of extreme weather protocol. By blocking me he has effectively excluded a possible member of his fanbase just because of one critical comment.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
This is what racing was like in the good old days. Nowadays the stage would be cancelled or rerouted so that the precious cyclists aren't subjected to too much stress.

Attachments

• charly-gaul-e1384187744228.jpg
    charly-gaul-e1384187744228.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 313