• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Is life fair?

imagery

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course not. HSK got a stroke which he did not deserve whereas Amos Yee did not get the stroke or strokes he deserves. Instead there are some here who still feel that idiot deserves to be gently stroked.
Spare the rod and spoil the child is the old adage that I totally agree with. If Amos was given regular strokes of the rotan in his earlier years he would certainly know how to behave.

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course not. HSK got a stroke which he did not deserve whereas Amos Yee did not get the stroke or strokes he deserves. Instead there are some here who still feel that idiot deserves to be gently stroked.
Spare the rod and spoil the child is the old adage that I totally agree with. If Amos was given regular strokes of the rotan in his earlier years he would certainly know how to behave.

How about the so-called "dishonourable son"?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

There absolutely no correlation between morality and health. Outcomes are based upon the laws of probability governing a given set of factors.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There absolutely no correlation between morality and health. Outcomes are based upon the laws of probability governing a given set of factors.

It is more probable that an Ang Moh speaker of the house will act fairly and impartially than some goondu Makcik PAP porlumpar speaker with a goofy smile who will let Ah Loon talk nonsense for as long as it suits him.

[video=youtube;nH0pgu2SojY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH0pgu2SojY[/video]

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Disagree! Life is fair. Amos was treated this way because he is a minor, but played an adult game by speaking his mind in public (or at least in a public media). HSK was treated as an unwell adult because he became unfit as a result of a cushy and comfortable life. So most people get what they deserve. Life is fair. If Amos behaved and acted his age, (like get drunk and wasted, chased girls, vandalized property, made prank calls, etc) he'd be seen and treated like a regular teenager, and simply ignored.

Cheers!

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal

How do you know they are not suffering?

Do you think they will post a YouTube video of their sufferings?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how wud u tink life wud b 4 life 2 b fair? ...

u tink if amos get strokes like hsk, den life is fair? ... is dat how u c n define fairness in life? ...

imagery

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how wud u tink life wud b 4 life 2 b fair? ...

u tink if amos get strokes like hsk, den life is fair? ... is dat how u c n define fairness in life? ...

No not at all. I will never wish for anyone to get HSK type stroke. I wish though that AY would have been disciplined a bit more harshly when he was younger then maybe he wouldnt have turned out like this. If, even after proper attempts at disciplining him and he turned out this way then cant be helped. At least you can say you tried but did not succeed then let society discipline him thereafter.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
In the grand scheme of things, life is always fair.
Causality permeates all aspects of our known universe.

imagery

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Life is hard and then you die. :(

So then, what would be the recommendation to get the maximum out of life since death is a given and the only variable being the quality of life, which by the way is relative.

jw5

Loyal
So then, what would be the recommendation to get the maximum out of life since death is a given and the only variable being the quality of life, which by the way is relative.

Do whatever you want to while you are alive, without harming those who have not harmed others. :wink:

imagery

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do whatever you want to while you are alive, without harming those who have not harmed others. :wink:

For sure that is a good platform from which to start , the absence of conflict. From there I guess we can do the eat, drink and be merry stuff.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Correct. Karma (by it's very definition) exists, but not in the way that religions naively think.