• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious What's wrong for officer to yell at Malaysian rider who threw passport at him?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
If not, how to deal with this barbarian? Talk nicely to him? From my experience, such barbarians will only throw more. Anyway, why let him off? Should have detained the mudlander rider and send him to jail.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/l...cer-to-yell-at-malaysian-rider-who#xtor=CS1-2

Let's not be too quick to judge: Is it wrong of checkpoint officer to yell at Malaysian rider who allegedly threw passport at him?
Posted on 11 May 2016 | 15,660 views | 36 comments

A video of a checkpoint officer yelling at a Malaysian rider for allegedly throwing his passport at him has sparked a heated debate among Singaporeans.

The video, posted on All Singapore Stuff, shows the officer yelling at a rider, whom he alleges threw the passport at him.

The officer repeatedly yells at the rider, while another officer asks for his passport.

When other riders try to talk to the officer, they are yelled at as well.

A long queue has formed as the dispute is holding up traffic.

It is unclear where the incident took place.

But some netizens argued that the officer was not wrong for yelling as some people can be difficult to handle when passing through checkpoints.

They said the officer is asking for an apology, and that the rider is getting off light for his behaviour.

However, others felt that he was wrong to do so, as he was in uniform.

They argued that he should have had more tact, as he was representing an organisation and a country when doing his duty.

Last edited:

Kentang

Alfrescian
Loyal
I kena once last week when I re-enter spore at woodlands checkpoint, the small opening on the glass window was partially block by aluminum shutter after the counter cleared the previous johor registered car, i thought the occifer forget to open the window and I knock passport on it... then the occifer shouted at me and says you give your passport to me when I open the window, sibei jialat! I stared at him and wonder if this guy is having period or what.
this kind of behavior is really giving spore a bad name across the causeway and some of this malaysian victim may take it on innocent singaporeans going to jb for r&r
I also witness same behavior at changi airport 3 years ago, an asian family went to the counter and the occifer shouted at them and says one by one then shout loudly "this is singapore"... the ang mo behind exclaimed so rude and says he will not return again after this visit... I told him maybe the male occifer has period and he laughs

MHA must come clean and take actions on this misbehaving occifer as they are the face of country's tourism...

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I kena once last week when I re-enter spore at woodlands checkpoint, the small opening on the glass window was partially block by aluminum shutter after the counter cleared the previous johor registered car, i thought the occifer forget to open the window and I knock passport on it... then the occifer shouted at me and says you give your passport to me when I open the window, sibei jialat! I stared at him and wonder if this guy is having period or what.
this kind of behavior is really giving spore a bad name across the causeway and some of this malaysian victim may take it on innocent singaporeans going to jb for r&r
I also witness same behavior at changi airport 3 years ago, an asian family went to the counter and the occifer shouted at them and says one by one then shout loudly "this is singapore"... the ang mo behind exclaimed so rude and says he will not return again after this visit... I told him maybe the male occifer has period and he laughs

MHA must come clean and take actions on this misbehaving occifer as they are the face of country's tourism...

Frankly speaking I think is abit rude to knock using passport. Should just wait or ask the person to open the shutter. But some of the officers don't look like Sporeans or maybe they are new citizens.

Kentang

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly speaking I think is abit rude to knock using passport. Should just wait or ask the person to open the shutter. But some of the officers don't look like Sporeans or maybe they are new citizens.

Let me clarify as I probably did not give more detailed of the incident, first I didn't forcefully knock... I accidentally knock on the window as I'm trying to squeeze my passport in. My suspicion is the occifer took it out on me as I placed the malaysian passport of my wife on top so after seeing it he blows up, I guess. But I didn't know there is this saga going on so I thought is chance causes someone had a bad day and to think its a johor car in front before me..
anyway, my take on this saga is the ICA officer must be more tactful in handling such situation, you can get the same message without shouting, by shouting you lost all your means to handle the situation. the best course of action is to invite the fellow to ICA room for education. This incident, the officer sure lose one and words will spread across the causeway about this incident and innocent people may suffer for such boorish behavior

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recruitment for Immigration roles have always been challenging. They have taken steps before to downgrade qualifications and it is still a challenge. I guess the role is rather monotonous. So you are not going to meet the standard that you see elsewhere. They also handle all sorts coming thru the causeway. I would give them a break.

As to the incident involving the Ang Mo family being treated rudely is something I noticed quite often not usually rude by curt. I would blame this on the senior management who must have travelled to the West. Many of the western countries including the UK, will ask the whole family to come forward to have their passports cleared. They also do that if you are travelling with friends and companions. They do not do this as an act of courtesy but they want to know who are related to you or associated with you. When they ask questions, people in a group do get caught. It does make sense. It is also more productivity as you do not have repeat the same questions many times.

The Immigration Dept have been told this many times and over time they keep sliding back. When GCT as PM made the announcement about clearing queues and making all channels open to all travellers his minions obviously did not do their homework. Intelligence wise and common sense will tell you that countries have separate queues for citizens and foreigners is to provide focus and provide better scrutiny. Even at Perm Sec level you will her Perm Sec when asked by another Perm Sec why a certain measure was implemented, the answer sometimes is "the boss man wants it" No attempt is made to explain why so. Thankfully these instances are rare.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the officer will not sure lose one as it is the fault of the mudlander rider to throw passport at him. Total disrespect for anyone, not to mention the officer is a person of authority. In other country immigration, such behaviour would have been locked up. Don't forget in Msia, they sent some supposedly sinkies to doing squats for driving pass immigration counter that was not staffed. That is , you don't have to be fully in the wrong in other country immigration to be dealt with harshly. Not to mention this kind of ya ya papaya attitude from mudlanders of throwing his passport at immigration officer. I can assure you they will not dare to do that in Msia immigration. So shouting and yelling at him is already very kind to this barbarian who totally deserved it.

Let me clarify as I probably did not give more detailed of the incident, first I didn't forcefully knock... I accidentally knock on the window as I'm trying to squeeze my passport in. My suspicion is the occifer took it out on me as I placed the malaysian passport of my wife on top so after seeing it he blows up, I guess. But I didn't know there is this saga going on so I thought is chance causes someone had a bad day and to think its a johor car in front before me..
anyway, my take on this saga is the ICA officer must be more tactful in handling such situation, you can get the same message without shouting, by shouting you lost all your means to handle the situation. the best course of action is to invite the fellow to ICA room for education. This incident, the officer sure lose one and words will spread across the causeway about this incident and innocent people may suffer for such boorish behavior

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
No it's not the angmoh family involved in the incident , it's Asian family that the forummer Kentang was sharing about the officer telling them off. The angmoh only gave an opinion.

Personally i think Spore immigration officers are one the most, if not the most, friendly immigration authority. In fact I think they are overly friendly and should exert more authority, instead of behaving like customer service officer. Especially when dealing with the rough people.

Recruitment for Immigration roles have always been challenging. They have taken steps before to downgrade qualifications and it is still a challenge. I guess the role is rather monotonous. So you are not going to meet the standard that you see elsewhere. They also handle all sorts coming thru the causeway. I would give them a break.

As to the incident involving the Ang Mo family being treated rudely is something I noticed quite often not usually rude by curt. I would blame this on the senior management who must have travelled to the West. Many of the western countries including the UK, will ask the whole family to come forward to have their passports cleared. They also do that if you are travelling with friends and companions. They do not do this as an act of courtesy but they want to know who are related to you or associated with you. When they ask questions, people in a group do get caught. It does make sense. It is also more productivity as you do not have repeat the same questions many times.

The Immigration Dept have been told this many times and over time they keep sliding back. When GCT as PM made the announcement about clearing queues and making all channels open to all travellers his minions obviously did not do their homework. Intelligence wise and common sense will tell you that countries have separate queues for citizens and foreigners is to provide focus and provide better scrutiny. Even at Perm Sec level you will her Perm Sec when asked by another Perm Sec why a certain measure was implemented, the answer sometimes is "the boss man wants it" No attempt is made to explain why so. Thankfully these instances are rare.

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
that checkpoint guy doesn't look like an ICA officer

very likely is Aetos

u can see his colleage sleeze with an Aetos badge

ICA badge is on their collar

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
If i were in uniform, sure tekan the riders jialet jialet.:cool:
so many ways to skin a cat..:p

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok, thanks

No it's not the angmoh family involved in the incident , it's Asian family that the forummer Kentang was sharing about the officer telling them off. The angmoh only gave an opinion.

Personally i think Spore immigration officers are one the most, if not the most, friendly immigration authority. In fact I think they are overly friendly and should exert more authority, instead of behaving like customer service officer. Especially when dealing with the rough people.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that checkpoint guy doesn't look like an ICA officer

very likely is Aetos

u can see his colleage sleeze with an Aetos badge

ICA badge is on their collar

Same same shit la
Aetos and ICA uniformed losers are all mostly police rejects.
Even rejected by SPF you should know what standard liao

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

when i was returning to sg from jb, i forgot to have an immigration form prepared ahead of time and drove right to an open counter. the occiferess at the counter said "never mind" and asked me to take my time to fill it out in the car. she then switched off lights at that lane and temporarily closed it. i then smiled at her and she smiled back. it took about 6.9 minutes and i winked at her letting her know i finished and she promptly took passport and immigration form and processed them. chopped chopped and she handed documents back to me with a sexy smile. i kept dreaming of her ever since. sg immigration chicks are so sweet. :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when i was returning to sg from jb, i forgot to have an immigration form prepared ahead of time and drove right to an open counter. the occiferess at the counter said "never mind" and asked me to take my time to fill it out in the car. she then switched off lights at that lane and temporarily closed it. i then smiled at her and she smiled back. it took about 6.9 minutes and i winked at her letting her know i finished and she promptly took passport and immigration form and processed them. chopped chopped and she handed documents back to me with a sexy smile. i kept dreaming of her ever since. sg immigration chicks are so sweet. :biggrin:

If you are a Sporean you do not have to fill out any forms when entering Malaysia. The forms were phased out years ago.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Just putting the jiu hu kia in his place.

I'd wish those jiu hu kia cocksuckers in this forum do the same to our resident jiu hu kia Tonychat too!