• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Lee Seng Gee was a modest and generous man: ESM Goh

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Well-wishers, from political leaders and clan chairmans to senior academics, came to pay their last respects to Dr Lee Seng Gee, who died peacefully on Tuesday (May 10), aged 95.

Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean arrived at the wake at the family’s home on Meyer Road at 12.30pm. He credited Lee for his prominent role in philanthropy in Singapore. Mr Teo said, “He’s an example of how those who are able can contribute to making Singapore stronger.”

Emeritus Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong said Lee was a modest and generous man. He said, “Despite the wealth he had, you would never know because he never flaunted it. He channelled his wealth from Lee Rubber and OCBC into needy causes such as education and the poor.”

The wake ends on Thursday at 12.30pm, with the cremation held at Bright Hill Temple at 3pm.

Others who came to pay their respects included Speaker of Parliament Halimah Yacob, Ambassador-at-large and academic Chan Heng Chee, former Senior Minister of State Zainul Abidin Rasheed and Member of Parliament Pritam Singh (Aljunied GRC).

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no disrespect for lee, but pap's obituary tribute always sound so touching, and consist of the most important qualities of a pap ministar.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is one of 3 cousins who caused a lot of headache to the Govt. All 3 were threatened by Old man. In the end, Poh Soo Kai went in followed by George Lee's 2 sons. All of them despite being born with a silver spoon were concerned about the common man.

When Bt Ho Swee fire occurred and the govt appealed for donations, people from all over Singapore came to Bt Ho Swee to hand over their donations to the Govt welfare officer. Lee Seng Gee's father Lee Kong Chian turned up in his car to donate. He saw the queue of donors and joined the queue. The Welfare Officer spotted him and approached him to come forward. He declined and waited his turn in the queue made up of ordinary folks. What a man. The son was the same.

House was on a massive piece of land off Meyer Road.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube_share;5aEYWKU0rGk]https://youtu.be/5aEYWKU0rGk[/video]

[video=youtube_share;MQvGRe3E_V0]https://youtu.be/MQvGRe3E_V0[/video]

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah,we singaporeans know in our hearts Lee Seng Gee is a modest ,generous and honest man who cares for singaporeans.This is character !
What about u MIW ministers ?

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah,we singaporeans know in our hearts Lee Seng Gee is a modest ,generous and honest man who cares for singaporeans.This is character !
many such scums have gotten very rich after two terms in office......... how many have given even ten percent of their wealth???

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is one of 3 cousins who caused a lot of headache to the Govt. All 3 were threatened by Old man. In the end, Poh Soo Kai went in followed by George Lee's 2 sons. All of them despite being born with a silver spoon were concerned about the common man.

When Bt Ho Swee fire occurred and the govt appealed for donations, people from all over Singapore came to Bt Ho Swee to hand over their donations to the Govt welfare officer. Lee Seng Gee's father Lee Kong Chian turned up in his car to donate. He saw the queue of donors and joined the queue. The Welfare Officer spotted him and approached him to come forward. He declined and waited his turn in the queue made up of ordinary folks. What a man. The son was the same.

45 years ago as I remembered the whole stretch of Meyer Road were houses on huge pieces of land. All used to be waterfront property right at the edge of the sea until the ECP and beyond were build on reclaimed land. I was a teen then and had my first romantic kiss there. Alamaking probably gave his first blowjob there too.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please don't compare the pap with this Lee family.

Despite their massive family wealth they manage to remain humble and low profile. Many schools, hospitals and other charity organisations are supported by the Lee Foundation. Truly one of the more exceptional family clans of Singapore.

RIP

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
An illustrious family and I was one of the many recipients of a Lee Foundation bursary.

Singapore will be a better place if we have more people like them.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not this guy. He too was nearly detained. Both his father and he gave generously to schools, students and so much more to society. He gave millions to so many institutions. He also gave to opposition controlled constituency.

many such scums have gotten very rich after two terms in office......... how many have given even ten percent of their wealth???

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Please don't compare the pap with this Lee family.

Despite their massive family wealth they manage to remain humble and low profile. Many schools, hospitals and other charity organisations are supported by the Lee Foundation. Truly one of the more exceptional family clans of Singapore.

RIP

Not all Lees are created equal. Some had heart, humility and class.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, thats the one bro. I once saw the land on a map. I asked the guy who showed me the map which is his property and he said the whole lot. Holy cow?

Years later I had another interesting and similar encounter but on a smaller scale. The owner of another piece of sizeable land facing the sea in the east coast was quiet old retired lawyer. He would walk quite distance to a nearby condo security kiosk and ask them to help him call a cab. He was afraid that he would be a target of criminals if they knew where he lived. He would also alight at the Condo entrance when he returns buy cab and then walk on. I understand that the land and the house used to be the Johor sultan's seaside bungalow.

45 years ago as I remembered the whole stretch of Meyer Road were houses on huge pieces of land. All used to be waterfront property right at the edge of the sea until the ECP and beyond were build on reclaimed land. I was a teen then and had my first romantic kiss there. Alamaking probably gave his first blowjob there too.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

These are the real philanthropist who donated generously to set up schools and helped the poor. From working in charity last time, I can see that real rich people are nice and modest. Only those nouveau rich and plp are arrogant and cocky.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

please do not have doubt.. these MIW were generous when it comes to paying themselves

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you especially the last sentence.

These are the real philanthropist who donated generously to set up schools and helped the poor. From working in charity last time, I can see that real rich people are nice and modest. Only those nouveau rich and plp are arrogant and cocky.