• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Left with 50 dollars in wallet and 200 in the bank.....10 may 2016

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A friend just msg me.....told me he only got 50 dollars in the wallet and 200 dollars in the bank....today is 10 May 2016, he has yet to pay his utility bills and conservancy charges....payday is on month end.

Asked to borrow 500......tide things over, he told me.....
Never knew his finance are so tight.....

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Feel sorry for your friend. Looks like he's not financially prudent, putting money aside may be a foreign concept to him.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he still has 250 dollars and he still has the shame to ask u for money.i would treat this as a wake up call and try to survive till the end of the month on 250 and start thinking how to turn my financial life around.bills be damned,its not like they cant wait another month or two.

jw5

Loyal
A friend just msg me.....told me he only got 50 dollars in the wallet and 200 dollars in the bank....today is 10 May 2016, he has yet to pay his utility bills and conservancy charges....payday is on month end.

Couple Of Questions:

1. Did you lend him? :wink:

2. How much does he get on payday? :biggrin:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Couple Of Questions:

1. Did you lend him? :wink:

2. How much does he get on payday? :biggrin:

Yes, not the full amount, but 300
After cpf, I believe it's around 1500.

Spoke to him, told me finance are tight due to dad fall ill and unexpected expenses.
Initially has around 2.5k as savings, but now used up.

Early 50s with one kid, in secondary school. Wife is homemaker.
Understand used to have OTs, but now with bad economy, all OTs cut.
Told me got job already lucky Liao.......

jw5

Loyal

Spoke to him, told me finance are tight due to dad fall ill and unexpected expenses.

lifeafter51 can be damn tough :(

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Understand used to have OTs, but now with bad economy, all OTs

cut.

best to consider it as write-off. or payable when able. as long as the money is not used for gambling, drinking or screwing, i would do the same if asked.

my old neighbour once loaned his friend 100k at 5% interest, monthly. The interest was suggested by borrower. my old
neighbour is one lucky guy. he got his 100k back within a year. best of all, over the past 15-20 years, my neughbour made at least 1 million through his friend just through commissions from his bets.

Galadria

Alfrescian
Loyal
best to consider it as write-off. or payable when able. as long as the money is not used for gambling, drinking or screwing, i would do the same if asked.

my old neighbour once loaned his friend 100k at 5% interest, monthly. The interest was suggested by borrower. my old
neighbour is one lucky guy. he got his 100k back within a year. best of all, over the past 15-20 years, my neughbour made at least 1 million through his friend just through commissions from his bets.

Would it be consider as loan sharking activities with your mentioned situation?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

savings of 2.5k,tell ur friend to gtfo....if im 22 years old with savings of 2.5k i would be fucking worried,anything could fuck up anytime,2.5k is like living next to nothing.

even the banglas from third world country has to save up 5 or 6k to come to singapore to work,and they can only save like $1 a day,can u imagine if ur family save night and day for 10 years so the father or son can fulfill his dream of coming to singapore to be a construction worker?i earn less than 2k like ur friend,if i lazy i try to save at least $500 to $1k a month,if super siao on can even save up to $1.5k a month.

wtf is 2.5k?like my favourite movie quote on the big financial crash of 2008....."they were lending money to people on a mickey d's income,people who were one broken refrigerator away from being homeless"

if ur friend's refrigerator broke down,is he going to declare bankrupt and sell his car to fix it?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

cool story bro,as a 5 year old poker player i would never lend anyone money,especially not degenerate gamblers....not even 1k let alone 100k.....lend a gambler money equal as good as gone,lend a person 100k u will never hear from him again,never mind 100k even $500 u will never see them again.....if i have to lend a gambler 1k i would charge at least 50 percent interest,and confiscate his ipad or laptop as collateral so i can bash his head in with it if he doesnt pay up on payday.

i swear to god gamblers especially the losing ones will do anything for money,lie cheat even steal from their parents/family.

Last edited:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

At 50 years old and that he works all his life and he only has 2.5K savings left, is almost unbelievable. What does he spend his money on ?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cool story bro,as a 5 year old poker player i would never lend anyone money,especially not degenerate gamblers....not even 1k let alone 100k.....lend a gambler money equal as good as gone,lend a person 100k u will never hear from him again,never mind 100k even $500 u will never see them again.....if i have to lend a gambler 1k i would charge at least 50 percent interest,and confiscate his ipad or laptop as collateral so i can bash his head in with it if he doesnt pay up on payday.

i swear to god gamblers especially the losing ones will do anything for money,lie cheat even steal from their parents/family.

the 100k loan was for legit biz, not gambling. biz prospered then he went into heavy betting. my friend earned the comms.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

You do know that your friend will not pay you back even if he swears he would, do you?