• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What's Wrong With Guards Gone Wild!?

Stick With Guards Gone Wild! Or Not?

• Stick With Guards Gone Wild! Nothing Wrong With The Title!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You Should Choose A Less Sleazy-sounding Title Like Diary Of A Security Guard.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MisterGuard

Alfrescian
Loyal
As the title for my book, I mean.

Recently, I had a meeting with a friend to discuss the possibility of using crowdfunding to raise fund to publish Guards Gone Wild!, a collection of stories about my adventures in the private security industry.

During the meeting, my friend had a strong reaction to the title. He said Guards Gone Wild! will make my book look sleazy. He also told me I will receive criticisms from others, including publishers, over the title.

That came as a surprise to me. Because I had already decided on using Guards Gone Wild! as the title since September last year and have been tossing it around here and there ever since. No one complained about sleaziness or whatever.

On the other hand, my friend felt rather strongly about the sleaziness of my title of choice. Which is why I would like to do a poll here. To see how many people actually consider the title to be too sleazy and if that might affect sales of the book.

An alternative title was suggested during the meeting. Something like Diary of a Security Guard. Less sleazy sounding. Would that be a more appropriate title?

In my defense, I would like to say that there are stories of security guards behaving badly in my book, so I didn’t pick Guards Gone Wild! just for the sake of sounding sexy. “Gone wild”, in my opinion, need not be just about sex. A security guard who runs away from his work site in order to meet a lover in the red light district is “going wild”. A supervisor waving a knife to threaten his subordinate is “going wild”. The same could also be said of a guard who dumps a bunch of work permits by the swimming pool because he thought it was a filing cabinet.

Anyway, back to what I was saying. The poll. At least I can set up a poll here. It costs money nowadays to do the same on Wordpress. Also feel free to share your thoughts here or on my blog.