• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wah lau ...GIC is so bad!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GIC achieved a 20-year annualised real rate of return of 4.9% for the financial year ended 31 March 2015. We cannot expect this level of returns to continue. The current high asset prices are likely to result in low returns over the next 5 to 10 years.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
time to privatise the istana.

sell to GIC for $2 and they will register an inventory gain of $3 bln

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
GIC achieved a 20-year annualised real rate of return of 4.9% for the financial year ended 31 March 2015. We cannot expect this level of returns to continue. The current high asset prices are likely to result in low returns over the next 5 to 10 years.

How much gone to director's fees and salaries of Scholars at the GLCs.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just only need raise worker's cpf contribution and extend withdrawing age to 100 will do. All it takes is 10 minutes in parliament to pass bill, and MSM will go into spin mode to justify.

Not even need to print a piece of flyer which cost less than a cent.

Suddenly, GIC has so much cash forever and ever, management can go back to their ivory towers and relax again.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
S&P achieved an annualized return of 10.46 in the same period of time. Why are the Opposition MPs not whacking GIC for such mediocre performance?

Why do we have a bloated GIC team of 2100 then? Just invest in etfs and a team of 50 would suffice.

S&P returns over 20 years
1996:22.96
1997:33.36
1998:28.58
1999:21.04
2000: -9.1
2001: -11.89
2002: -22.10
2003: 28.68
2004:10.88
2005:4.9
2006: 15.79
2007: 5.49
2008 -37%
2009 - 26%
2010 - 15.06
2011 - 2.11
2012 - 16%
2013 - 32.39%
2014 - 13.69%
2015 - 1.4

Alamakinky

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A little bit of thinking and all becomes clear.....only with lower and lower returns over the years can the long term strategy of buy high and sell low objective be achieved. Patience and perseverance is the key.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
GIC says 4.9% and you believe, izzit?

You audited GIC's accounts, izzit?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Real rate of return bro,4.9 percent real rate of return is pretty solid especially over 20 years.if u take cpf real rate of return it will probably be negative.if i invest 1.5k a month at 4.9 percent real rate of return i will be a millionaire in 20 years,though im worried about what they mean by current high prices of assets.what did they invest in?sg properties?does that mean they had very high rates of return in the early years and now its crap?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Real rate of return bro,4.9 percent real rate of return is pretty solid especially over 20 years.if u take cpf real rate of return it will probably be negative.if i invest 1.5k a month at 4.9 percent real rate of return i will be a millionaire in 20 years,though im worried about what they mean by current high prices of assets.what did they invest in?sg properties?does that mean they had very high rates of return in the early years and now its crap?

For all anyone knows most of it might have become the Lee's retirement fund:confused:

Why else do people who ask too many questions about the CPF have gotten into trouble?

jw5

Loyal

When they talk about current high prices of assets, they are hinting that they may be buying high and selling low. :biggrin:

AhKong

Alfrescian
Loyal
When they talk about current high prices of assets, they are hinting that they may be buying high and selling low. :biggrin:

If that being the case, better watch out for USD/SGD if you have any overseas positions, don't say no give you tips.
Check out 2009 or 2010 charting of the above mentioned, and you know what I meant. You need stronger SGD to support your losing greenback.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Based on PAP's definition of inflation rate?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Even that, the S&P return beat GIC flat out. GIC has 2100 employees and yet can't beat the S&P.

Actually, if you invest $10k a year in S&P for 30 years, you will achieve $1.3 million! $300k investment translates to $1.3 million.
Sinkees should beat up the PAP for cheating us of our returns.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
time to privatise the istana.

sell to GIC for $2 and they will register an inventory gain of $3 bln

Sell Oxley Home to GIC for $1.....& they keep the facade for the whoreshippers.....& build a "residences"..condo etc..there & they will have an inventory gain in their books too...but they will have to shoo off that "expensive jaga" there first!:rolleyes:

jw5

Loyal
If that being the case, better watch out for USD/SGD if you have any overseas positions, don't say no give you tips.
Check out 2009 or 2010 charting of the above mentioned, and you know what I meant. You need stronger SGD to support your losing greenback.

Noted with thanks grandpa. :wink: