• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Prima Deli sack staff for racist remarks, so will FAP show integrity

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lady by the name of Sarah Carmariah posted on her Facebook account yesterday about her job interview experience on Monday with a "well-known" halal bakery for the position of a cake decorator. In the post, she noted the racial discrimination that she experienced from the head of department.

According to Sarah, things went well with the Human Resources. The HR personnel was keen to move things forward after reading her portfolio and made phone calls to coordinate a last minute meeting with the head of the baking department for the interview.

However, things were not as pleasant with the head of department.

Halfway through the interview, he said to Sarah, "From what I see, and the way you look, and not trying to be racist ah, but you Malay, I think you cannot la"

Sarah wrote in her post, "I was stunned and I just froze. I felt my ears getting a little hot, but I didn't want to lose my cool. I was taken aback and didn't quite know how to respond anyway. I just kept quiet because I was shocked."

He continued, "You know ah, Malays ah they over promise, promise I can do this I can do that, in the end, cannot make it, after 2 days disappear." which Sarah answered, "Sir, I haven't promised you anything. I think you should give me a chance"

Despite being humilated by the discriminatory statement made by the head of department, Sarah stayed on to give a demonstration of her skills. However, the head of department still did not have interest in the interview and made fun of her during the process. It was then, Sarah decided to grab her stuff and leave the interview.

Sarah noted that she has no intention of naming or shaming this organisation and its people, but would like to highlight that racial discrimination in the job market is more real than people think.

"I’m making a stand and sharing my story because I believe in equal rights and equal opportunity for everyone. How can anyone judge another based on general racial stereotypes? In Singapore, of all places, a supposedly racially harmonious and fair country? Particularly in my case, what I thought was ironic as hell, was that this company actually prides itself on catering to the Muslim community."

Sarah asks, "Are we going to start making this right or are we going to sweep it under the rug and just suck it up as "the way things are?""

She added, "The point I’m trying to make is that nobody wants to be generalised or defined by racial stereotypes. Racial profiling is unfair and unjust. We are more than our skin. We are actions. We are people. We are human beings with original thought and different experiences that have shaped us to become unique individuals with so much potential to offer society and the world. And yet I find myself, for the first time, discriminated against and not given a real chance for something I'm confident at, for something that I know sets me apart. Nobody should ever be told that they can’t do something based on the colour of their skin, but the sad reality is that this is real, and this is really happening."

She ended by saying that she will boycott the company and wonder it maintains its minimum Muslim employment quota.

Sarah's post about her interview experience went viral with many calling for the company to be named and for the boycott of this company. At the time of publication, the post has been shared over 3.5 thousand times.

A day after her post went viral, Prima Deli confessed on its social media platform that it is the company that Sarah was referring to and said that its staff member has made discriminatory remarks to a potential candidate during a job interview. The company also added that it has since made personal contact to offer their sincere apologies.

It wrote, "We would also like to apologise to the wider community with regards to the circumstances. We take a very serious view and have zero tolerance for such behaviour hence, serious disciplinary action has been imposed on the said employee after an immediate investigation was conducted."

http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/201...ees-account-racial-discrimination-goes-viral/

what is pinkie gg to do with penis phua?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Impressed with this girl and the Prima Deli. The girl did not reveal the name of the place which many of us would have done and Prima Deli not only fessed up but sacked the arsehole who could not even give a proper instruction for a test.

There is also something else that many people do not realise. Singaporeans who did not have formal education in Mandarin can still pick up the language . No different to many of the past generations who were fluent in Malay, Hokkein, Teochew, Cantonese etc when they are of different races and were not schooled in it.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
In the first Place, PAP let in fucking PRC en masse to work in singapore. That is why Prima Deli ended up with a staff full of tiongs and they ask this women whether she can speak chinese. If all these people working in their bakery are sinkies, everyone can speak english. Better for this mat girl to ask how come now in the job place, english cannot be the language of dialogue? Must be chinese?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the first Place, PAP let in fucking PRC en masse to work in singapore. That is why Prima Deli ended up with a staff full of tiongs and they ask this women whether she can speak chinese. If all these people working in their bakery are sinkies, everyone can speak english. Better for this mat girl to ask how come now in the job place, english cannot be the language of dialogue? Must be chinese?

if they have many tiong cooks and bakers i'll pass on their food. somewhere in the food products are boogers here, semen there, and fecal matter everywhere.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
if they have many tiong cooks and bakers i'll pass on their food. somewhere in the food products are boogers here, semen there, and fecal matter everywhere.

I don't eat any of their products, so I don't care. But you can take it for gospel that there are almost no commercial kitchens or bakeries operating in singapore that are not 80-90% run by FTs like Tiongs and pinays.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't eat any of their products, so I don't care. But you can take it for gospel that there are almost no commercial kitchens or bakeries operating in singapore that are not 80-90% run by FTs like Tiongs and pinays.

no wonder the bun i ate from a breadtalkcock store tasted wierd as though there was extra protein in it.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pretty sure when it comes to racism towards Malays here, number 1 suspect is always the malaysian chinks. They got chip on the shoulder lah. Bad influence to your Mainland cousins.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHL tells us how to vote........ dun vote Chinese, vote ah neh can else you are guilty of voting along racial line
Why did LKY said S Danabalan cannot be PM becos he is Ah Neh???

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHL tells us how to vote........ dun vote Chinese, vote ah neh can else you are guilty of voting along racial line
Why did LKY said S Danabalan cannot be PM becos he is Ah Neh???

Anyone can be PM of singapore, but the cheenaman won't allow that to happen.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone can be PM of singapore, but the cheenaman won't allow that to happen.

Don't talk cock lah! If Lee Kuan Yew wasn't around and we have a Ali Kawang You, 90% of Singapore Malays will still be living in kampungs. Bad enough as it is that the Malays are starting to carry a keropok on their shoulders. A piece of goreng pisang for you. In a generation's time a 4 room HDB flat will cost a million dollars, you Malays want to sstop going commando or not?......LOL

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The poor guy got sack just because he was telling the truth about a certain race...this is political correctness gone wrong...anyway singkieland has no free speech so best is keep quiet.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
My first thoughts too.....Malaysian chinese who are PR or newly minted shitizens....:o

Pretty sure when it comes to racism towards Malays here, number 1 suspect is always the malaysian chinks. They got chip on the shoulder lah. Bad influence to your Mainland cousins.