• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rally High and Low Lights - Friday Night.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The biggest surprise was the poor performance of Murali both in content and delivery. His jokes also fell flat. Maybe he knows something about the residents that we do not. Grace Fu was outstanding and the other surprise with both her speech content and delivery. Looks like the fruit does indeed not fall far from the tree. She was clear, methodological and forceful in her all he arguments. It will appeal to the better educated and the astute residents. PAP's pony-tailed, retro belt buckled MC was also another plus with his bilingual / dialect and his easy of messaging and reinforcement during interludes between speakers.

Across the board SDP slate of speakers spoke and delivered well and all did better than Ah Mu. This is something that we have seen over the years with the Opposition speakers improving one the years. The best speakers for SDP were Damanhuri Abas and Chee. Damanhuri scored in delivery and content. He was also the only one to bring out all the woes of Singaporeans when it comes to PAP - David Ong's pants, Soldiers running MRT, Million dollars salaries,etc. Chee's delivery was outstanding, measured and much more confident than in 2015. He controlled pace and punch the way Old Man did. He was however spent too much time on each themes and he did mention that he will cover other issues at subsequent rallies. I am not sure if this is the right approach as not the same audience would turn up each time. He also focused on doing things full time. He also cunningly did the Lim Ching Seong "Pak Mata" Beauty World speech when it came to David Ong. Paul Thambyah was using the same speech material that he used when delivered in 2 previous private events. Overall SDP speakers did not disappoint. The messaging between speakers by the MCs on SDP policies were very dry and abstract.

Back to Murali - looks like nobody vetted his speech, his jokes, the content and kept referring to his bunch of community workers (euphemism for PAP zealots in BB) and engaging them rather than the residents. I think he did this unconsciously as the audience typical of PAP rallies were primarily PAP grassroots filks. Anyone who had no clue about the elections but turned up at the rally would have thought that Grace Fu was running for post and not Murali.

Chee did make a comment about his visit to residents. he said that many did not know of Murali or have seen him in the last 17 years. I suspect that there is truth to this as he appeared to be engaged with the party workers as seen by his speech.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Didn't find anything exceptional last night. Facebook is abuzz about CSJ being a gentleman about "not kicking a man down" with regard to philanderer Ong. And comparing this to the PAP camp which has resorted to personal attacks on Chee. Not sure if this comparison will sink to the grassroots level.

SDP is conducting a good campaign thus far. I won't be surprised if they cross the 35% mark though I don't think they would.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is Grace Fu speaking?

Is she running from elections too?

Like this is cheating. He cannot speak for himself? Must need a charbor to speak for him?

Why next time can show LKY videos on election rally to win votes!

There must be laws against such nonsense.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
according to my source in sdp, juan is checking this forum for feedback n ideas. even mentioned how wonderful it would be if one forummer here, wanted by shanmugam, is in his party. juan dismissed 3 forummers here - pieces of shit! he is also upset that none of them took part in the gold cup race just coz of the TS.

juan sends his regards to all of you.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube_share;3_u-L6-gE-o]https://youtu.be/3_u-L6-gE-o[/video]
LIVE: SDP rally, Bukit Batok by-election- 29 April 2016

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
according to my source in sdp, juan is checking this forum for feedback n ideas. even mentioned how wonderful it would be if one forummer here, wanted by shanmugam, is in his party. juan dismissed 3 forummers here - pieces of shit! he is also upset that none of them took part in the gold cup race just coz of the TS.

juan sends his regards to all of you.

Felt that he struck a very good balance of local and national issues. The people are concerned about TC management and need some hand holding. That's why speakers spent quite a lot of time on the subject.

S.V. was an outstanding speaker.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cocksucker scroobal offering nothing new in insights. Battles are not won from rallies. Lol

image-1139537372.jpg

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
The biggest surprise was the poor performance of Murali both in content and delivery. His jokes also fell flat. Maybe he knows something about the residents that we do not. Grace Fu was outstanding and the other surprise with both her speech content and delivery. Looks like the fruit does indeed not fall far from the tree. She was clear, methodological and forceful in her all he arguments. It will appeal to the better educated and the astute residents. PAP's pony-tailed, retro belt buckled MC was also another plus with his bilingual / dialect and his easy of messaging and reinforcement during interludes between speakers.

Across the board SDP slate of speakers spoke and delivered well and all did better than Ah Mu. This is something that we have seen over the years with the Opposition speakers improving one the years. The best speakers for SDP were Damanhuri Abas and Chee. Damanhuri scored in delivery and content. He was also the only one to bring out all the woes of Singaporeans when it comes to PAP - David Ong's pants, Soldiers running MRT, Million dollars salaries,etc. Chee's delivery was outstanding, measured and much more confident than in 2015. He controlled pace and punch the way Old Man did. He was however spent too much time on each themes and he did mention that he will cover other issues at subsequent rallies. I am not sure if this is the right approach as not the same audience would turn up each time. He also focused on doing things full time. He also cunningly did the Lim Ching Seong "Pak Mata" Beauty World speech when it came to David Ong. Paul Thambyah was using the same speech material that he used when delivered in 2 previous private events. Overall SDP speakers did not disappoint. The messaging between speakers by the MCs on SDP policies were very dry and abstract.

Back to Murali - looks like nobody vetted his speech, his jokes, the content and kept referring to his bunch of community workers (euphemism for PAP zealots in BB) and engaging them rather than the residents. I think he did this unconsciously as the audience typical of PAP rallies were primarily PAP grassroots filks. Anyone who had no clue about the elections but turned up at the rally would have thought that Grace Fu was running for post and not Murali.

Chee did make a comment about his visit to residents. he said that many did not know of Murali or have seen him in the last 17 years. I suspect that there is truth to this as he appeared to be engaged with the party workers as seen by his speech.

That kind of preparation from Murali shows his lack of interest. I mean isn't this man a litigator ? Words and delivery is his bread and butter.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
That kind of preparation from Murali shows his lack of interest. I mean isn't this man a litigator ? Words and delivery is bread and butter for him.

The best speech I have ever heard is from Teo Ser Luck.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sir Teo shouldn't be allowed to go on stage let alone open his mouth to speak. What a court jester!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was gobsmacked and to your point a litigator of one of the biggest firm. It does explain why his name seldom made the papers on the litigation front and that to involved a former PAP MP for cheating.

That kind of preparation from Murali shows his lack of interest. I mean isn't this man a litigator ? Words and delivery is his bread and butter.