• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Young couple struggling with high cost of living......

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Everyone has to act as no money will drop from the sky. But the odds are stacked against the young in today's environment in Spore. Also, courage to act does not equate to success. Luck and ability play a big part.

Rubbish there are far more opportunities today to make it big because its a borderless world and money can be made from all corners of the globe without having to be physically be in multiple places at the same time.

A good example is my stock photography site and image retouching service. It makes money from more than 15 countries scattered across the globe.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just need a induction cooker (i bought it for 10 dollars) and you can cook up a storm.
Free gift with wok.:rolleyes:

It doesnt require a table top to cook...:*: no brain.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rubbish there are far more opportunities today to make it big because its a borderless world and money can be made from all corners of the globe without having to be physically be in multiple places at the same time.

A good example is my stock photography site and image retouching service. It makes money from more than 15 countries scattered across the globe.

Got hire sinkees or not? :biggrin:

virtualchick

Alfrescian
Loyal
A standalone stove is not expensive. My family has been using one happily for over 5 years now. The stove was $100, plus installation costs maybe about $300 to $400. If you need to build a cornice to place the stove that will cost more. But these are costs that need to come out. A one-time cost, then cheaper healthier meals in the long run.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The cost of living in Singapore is high because this is a land of great opportunity, stability and high income. People from all over the world want to come and work, live and play in Singapore. I don't find the cost of living here high.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think those were the days when Sporeans felt rich and full of hope. Remember there was a time nobody wanted to buy 3 room flats? Now people are even buying two room flat. So times are different. I am not sure whether the HDB kitchen come with sink that can be used? If not, to set up the kitchen will need to set up a standing sink (if no kitchen counter top) plus plumbing plus the smart cooker. Should cost at least a few hundred for the makeshift kitchen.

The structure is already there and install sink etc wont cost much. And use induction cooker n halogen oven is not expensive. It can be done on the cheap...n most important thing is.....who did she vote for?

jw5

Loyal
So the normal fried rice got no ingredients? I mean fried rice should come with some ingredients like beef fried rice, seafood fried rice etc right? Same for seafood hor fun. At $5.50 or $6, there is more value to eat in food court rather than coffee shop at this price. At least can eat an asam fish rice set at $5.80 in air conditioned comfort.

The normal fried rice from coffeeshop zi char stall sometimes comes with eggs, char siew, small prawns, mixed vegetables. If she is struggling to make ends meet, she should just buy the normal fried rice at $3.50 and not the more expensive version at $5.50. :wink:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The normal fried rice from coffeeshop zi char stall sometimes comes with eggs, char siew, small prawns, mixed vegetables. If she is struggling to make ends meet, she should just buy the normal fried rice at $3.50 and not the more expensive version at $5.50. :wink:

If she is struggling to make ends meet, she shouldn't be buying fried rice at all. Fried rice is basically just fried rice with tiny shreds of ingredients of meat and veggie. It's more worth it to just buy the usual slop from the mixed veggie rice stalls where you get bigger servings of meat, veggie and unfried rice.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Marie Antoinette would say ......... let them eat cake ...........

[video=youtube;jfIHkwSzayE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfIHkwSzayE[/video]

[video=youtube;I_izvAbhExY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY[/video]

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
paraphrase: can stuff a lot when open legs 3 times, than can install whatever she wants liao...:p

Paraphrase your own post: your mother wife daughters' twats are wider than a mile to do three point turns to stuff alot of men' heads. They open legs 3 times can stuff alot then can install whatever you want...:p

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

The borderless world opportunities are there for everyone on earth. Not just the young Singaporeans today. But you see mudlanders, pinoys and ah nehs still coming to Spore to work instead of making money from the borderless world without being physically present. Most importantly you see ingrates after feeding these foreigners with jobs, HDB and scholarships. They turn around shamelessly to slander local Singaporean who have done no harm to them. Proven by mudlander shit in the JB forum and mudlander semaj2357 rubbish here.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is pathetic that now young Singaporeans are reduced to eating plain fried rice, spending resources to feed mudlander ingrates like incorrigible liar semaj2357.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The structure is already there and install sink etc wont cost much. And use induction cooker n halogen oven is not expensive. It can be done on the cheap...n most important thing is.....who did she vote for?

You are right ideed. Most important is who did her parents vote for?

jw5

Loyal
If she is struggling to make ends meet, she shouldn't be buying fried rice at all. Fried rice is basically just fried rice with tiny shreds of ingredients of meat and veggie. It's more worth it to just buy the usual slop from the mixed veggie rice stalls where you get bigger servings of meat, veggie and unfried rice.

If you choose the right stall to buy from, it can be more tasty and healthy too. :wink:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The borderless world opportunities are there for everyone on earth. Not just the young Singaporeans today. But you see mudlanders, pinoys and ah nehs still coming to Spore to work instead of making money from the borderless world without being physically present. Most importantly you see ingrates after feeding these foreigners with jobs, HDB and scholarships. They turn around shamelessly to slander local Singaporean who have done no harm to them. Proven by mudlander shit in the JB forum and mudlander semaj2357 rubbish here.

Are sinkees so stupid that they don't know how to express their disgust with foreigners taking away their jobs?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are sinkees so stupid that they don't know how to express their disgust with foreigners taking away their jobs?

You forget johnny333 said Sporeans are selfish and I agreed with him totally. As long as not their jobs they don't care and if you kaypoh talk too much they will even turn around to suspect and accuse you lying and speaking out for your own benefit.