• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Young couple struggling with high cost of living......

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if outside food is so expensive then cook at home lah.

oh wait... this is a sinkie woman we are talking about - does not know how to cook.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
They obviously don't know the definition of "struggling".

This is struggling :

poverty-today.jpg

This IS NOT "struggling" :

ST_20151022_SJSTAY22PBOA_1778383.jpg

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find this letter very amazing, more towards unbelievable.

Firstly, what does she expects Gilbert to do? Santa Claus? Punggol is under PAP rule. She should go see her MP get help. PAP said leave no one behind. Whatever that means.

Second. She put her elder gal to care are while gave up her job to look after her other gal. Make practical or financial sense? If she stay at home, why can't she look after 2 gals at same time and save her money? 3 years old still not go school yet!

Thirdly, a packet of fried rice cost $5.50? What she added as extras? XO sauce? Am sure there are other food stalls with cheaper alternatives? Else MP of Punggol better share where can get nasi Padang at $2.80 with free drink.

Lastly, she should go ask minister how to have a HDB and live reasonably ok with $1000 income.

Hmmmmm......while at it, I should ask Gilbert if he can get me the same electric car that guy just got LTA approved. My chief chauffeur now only drive a horse-emblemed 2-seater car driving my Head Ah Ma Jie for marketing. No boot space to put groceries for my gardeners, security, cleaners............ How Gilbert?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I find this letter very amazing, more towards unbelievable.

This is the problem with many sinkies nowadays. They seem to think that a cushy, comfortable, upper class existence is a basic entitlement rather than something one has to work hard for in order to achieve.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is struggling :

0901051B-40EC-44BC-9C53-12188A52533C_cx0_cy11_cw0_mw1024_s_n_r1.jpg

This IS NOT "stuggling" :
Dawson-Estate-Queenstown-27062014e_2x.jpg

instead of showing us these pics,why dont u share with us what are u doing to alleviate all these?or is it just a convenient excuse for you to ignore everything in the world and do nothing other than exploiting others for your own selfish greed and desires?theres people like chuck feeney and then theres approximately 19.8 million other worthless assholes like you expected to grow to 35 million by 2019.lets face it,ur monetary and financial assets may grant u some sort of value in this physical realm but worthless is worthless.hard work my ass,anybody who studied a bit of economics knows that it isnt hard work that makes u rich,it is CAPITAL....capital makes capital,capital is way more powerful than hard work,people who work hard are merely slaves to capital.only those that weild capital have real control and power.Thats why PAP is God,the lives of millions of peasants sinkies is under their control,the only way to shake off the shackles of PAP's power is to become a millionaire,then a decamillionaire,then a centimillionaire then a billionaire....only then will a sinkie be truly free.

Last edited:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Gilbert

hope this email find you well.

This is the first time I’m writing to you.

I am a 26 years old lady with 2 kids age 3 and 1.

My husband is a freelance driver. Recently, we moved in to our new flat in Punggol.

There are both infant and childcare services available under my flat.

However, most childcare facility requires deposit + full month school fees in order to enrolled them in.

Due to this, I only managed to enrol my elder daughter at the childcare. While I have to leave my full time job and take care of my younger daughter.

Since we have move in to a new flat, we do not have extra monies for installing the window grill and kitchen top. We move in few months ago and we mainly pack food everyday.

The food in Punggol is extremely expensive.

A pack of fried rice can cost as much as $5.50. I really hope to seek your advice so I can set up my kitchen top to settle our meals. I do not wish to let my kids to eat outside food for long.

I am really worry that this will affect their health.

Beside that, I hope to have my window grill up asap due to the safety of my growing up kids.

Hope to seek for your advice soon.

- See more at: http://www.transitioning.org/2016/0...st-of-living-and-requesting-assistance/#.dpuf

What's wrong with this story or request for help?

There seems to be sense of entitlement from the letter here.
Firstly as one forummer has pointed out, since she is not working, she should be able to take care of the children herself, there isn't a need to go for childcare services.

2nd, she should be cooking the food for her children then going for fried rice or whatever take out stuff that is normally not nutritious for children of 3 and 1.

3rd, whatever happened to family support, her parents or his parents, rather then approaching a complete stranger, shouldn't they be approaching their parents/family for financial help with the grilles etc. I am sure most grandparents are willing to chip in considering the possible dangers with their grandchildren.

4th, she quitting her job really don't make sense as the husband is freelancing, i.e. Part time income....

Last but not least, expecting Gilbert for advise, what advise is she expecting Gilbert to give...... Monetary etc..... Frankly if we have more young couples that married and have kids but have this kind of mind set is very worrying indeed.

jw5

Loyal
A pack of fried rice can cost as much as $5.50. I really hope to seek your advice so I can set up my kitchen top to settle our meals. I do not wish to let my kids to eat outside food for long.

Even though cooked food in SG is damn expensive these days, her packet of $5.50 fried rice must be from an Orchard road foodcourt. Or from a kopitiam zhi char stall but with big prawns. :biggrin:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
instead of showing us these pics,why dont u share with us what are u doing to alleviate all these?or is it just a convenient excuse for you to ignore everything in the world and do nothing other than exploiting others for your own selfish greed and desires?theres people like chuck feeney and then theres approximately 19.8 million other worthless assholes like you expected to grow to 35 million by 2019.lets face it,ur monetary and financial assets may grant u some sort of value in this physical realm but worthless is worthless.hard work my ass,anybody who studied a bit of economics knows that it isnt hard work that makes u rich,it is CAPITAL....

Why the hell should I do anything to help the lazy louts of society. I worked hard from scratch to get out of the poverty trap so I see no reason why others cannot do the same.

As for capital it does not grow from trees for most of us. Hard work earns capital and the capital is then used to make more capital.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even though cooked food in SG is damn expensive these days, her packet of $5.50 fried rice must be from an Orchard road foodcourt. Or from a kopitiam zhi char stall but with big prawns. :biggrin:

No leh, recent month i ordered seafood fried rice from a HDB coffeeshop and the price is $5.50 or $6. Can't remember exact but remember it is expensive. Nothing extra and with no big prawns. Even in JB I ordered seafood fried rice is also Rm9.50 with even lesser ingredients. Very expensive considering much lower rental in JB.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The main problem with al these so called young couples is they love to breed. Smart ones will marry n fuck but have no kids. This is an easy feat ss modern technology in terms on contraceptive are many. Wat is wrong with being a DINK? If they never breed they wont have soo many problems. No need to quit job for kids etc n get extra financial burdens. Kids r a burden...the sooner young couples learn tat the better.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why the hell should I do anything to help the lazy louts of society. I worked hard from scratch to get out of the poverty trap so I see no reason why others cannot do the same.

As for capital it does not grow from trees for most of us. Hard work earns capital and the capital is then used to make more capital.

U are able to climb up the ladder good for u.but capitalism will forever be the system that enslaves those who have the least,the poorest or those who have nothing.capital doesnt grow on trees,it is farmed from human beings deprieved of the wealth and products they produce.the poor who work for next to nothing because labour is all they have.capital owns labour.the richest 65 people in the world has more wealth than the bottom 3 billion.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
U are able to climb up the ladder good for u.but capitalism will forever be the system that enslaves those who have the least,the poorest or those who have nothing.capital doesnt grow on trees,it is farmed from human beings deprieved of the wealth and products they produce.the poor who work for next to nothing because labour is all they have.capital owns labour.the richest 65 people in the world has more wealth than the bottom 3 billion.

He is talking shit becos he was born in the right time in the 1950s/early 1960s to catch the property big wave in the late 1980s to mid 90s. Those born in the 1970s have zero chance to do that. Those born in the 1980s are also lucky as can catch the low prices after property crash in late 1990s to mid 2000s. Those born in 1990s and later are the most unlucky ones caught with high property price and stagnant salaries that didnt go up as much, not to mention competing with foreigners for jobs.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are already doing that for the elderly studio apartment, providing it fully fitted and ready to move in. At a much higher price indeed compared to other BTO flats. But if just kitchen cabinet and window grilles, shouldn't be too expensive, especially when many units compared to elderly studio apartment.

The problem is the bloody singkies at one time the flats were all done up. But the singkies not happy tear everything out n install to their liking..so pap say dun do as it saves them money..n now got thosr smart cooker etc..y she cant use tat? No need elaborate cookers etc..

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
He is talking shit becos he was born in the right time in the 1950s/early 1960s to catch the property big wave in the late 1980s to mid 90s. Those born in the 1970s have zero chance to do that. Those born in the 1980s are also lucky as can catch the low prices after property crash in late 1990s to mid 2000s. Those born in 1990s and later are the most unlucky ones caught with high property price and stagnant salaries that didnt go up as much, not to mention competing with foreigners for jobs.
Every generation has its opportunities. All it takes is the courage to act instead of just talk.

jw5

Loyal
No leh, recent month i ordered seafood fried rice from a HDB coffeeshop and the price is $5.50 or $6. Can't remember exact but remember it is expensive. Nothing extra and with no big prawns. Even in JB I ordered seafood fried rice is also Rm9.50 with even lesser ingredients. Very expensive considering much lower rental in JB.

If you order seafood fried rice, then it's gonna be more expensive the moment you expect these hawkers to put in prawns, fish or sotong. A normal packet of fried rice at a coffeeshop zhi char stall should set you back between $3 to $4.50 currently. Of course it will continue to increase. :wink:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is the bloody singkies at one time the flats were all done up. But the singkies not happy tear everything out n install to their liking..so pap say dun do as it saves them money..n now got thosr smart cooker etc..y she cant use tat? No need elaborate cookers etc..

I think those were the days when Sporeans felt rich and full of hope. Remember there was a time nobody wanted to buy 3 room flats? Now people are even buying two room flat. So times are different. I am not sure whether the HDB kitchen come with sink that can be used? If not, to set up the kitchen will need to set up a standing sink (if no kitchen counter top) plus plumbing plus the smart cooker. Should cost at least a few hundred for the makeshift kitchen.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think those were the days when Sporeans felt rich and full of hope. Remember there was a time nobody wanted to buy 3 room flats? Now people are even buying two room flat. So times are different. I am not sure whether the HDB kitchen come with sink that can be used? If not, to set up the kitchen will need to set up a standing sink (if no kitchen counter top) plus plumbing plus the smart cooker. Should cost at least a few hundred for the makeshift kitchen.

i don't need a room for myself. all i need is a small shared mattress to rest my body after my shift work. if i can do it so can sinkies who claim they are "struggling."

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you order seafood fried rice, then it's gonna be more expensive the moment you expect these hawkers to put in prawns, fish or sotong. A normal packet of fried rice at a coffeeshop zhi char stall should set you back between $3 to $4.50 currently. Of course it will continue to increase. :wink:

So the normal fried rice got no ingredients? I mean fried rice should come with some ingredients like beef fried rice, seafood fried rice etc right? Same for seafood hor fun. At $5.50 or $6, there is more value to eat in food court rather than coffee shop at this price. At least can eat an asam fish rice set at $5.80 in air conditioned comfort.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every generation has its opportunities. All it takes is the courage to act instead of just talk.

Everyone has to act as no money will drop from the sky. But the odds are stacked against the young in today's environment in Spore. Also, courage to act does not equate to success. Luck and ability play a big part.