• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Foreign talents and taxi drivers

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why are so many well qualified Singaporeans with decades of work experience under their belt suddenly find themselves becoming taxi drivers? Some also turn to insurance. Underemployment is a structural problem and it is worsening. I'm surprised people are not complaining more.

The taxi drivers in particular are now grappling with the rise of Uber and Grab. Some will find opportunity in this whilst many will be displaced. Yet more uncertainty for Singaporeans.

Had the government not brought in FT so quickly and in such large numbers, the problem might not have been so bad. Those FT are not bringingbringing in new skill sets or enhancing productivity. They are merely offering themselves at a cheaper wage. Where is the value add to our economy?

Why are Singaporeans paying the price so that only a select few can benefit from the rent seeking structure of our economy?

jw5

Loyal
Why are so many well qualified Singaporeans with decades of work experience under their belt suddenly find themselves becoming taxi drivers? Some also turn to insurance. Underemployment is a structural problem and it is worsening. I'm surprised people are not complaining more.

The taxi drivers in particular are now grappling with the rise of Uber and Grab. Some will find opportunity in this whilst many will be displaced. Yet more uncertainty for Singaporeans.

Had the government not brought in FT so quickly and in such large numbers, the problem might not have been so bad. Those FT are not bringingbringing in new skill sets or enhancing productivity. They are merely offering themselves at a cheaper wage. Where is the value add to our economy?

Why are Singaporeans paying the price so that only a select few can benefit from the rent seeking structure of our economy?

What's wrong with being a taxi driver? Can gossip with people all day along. :wink:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's wrong with being a taxi driver? Can gossip with people all day along. :wink:

I don't mind a little conversation but some of them turned out to be gays. One of them offered to give me a free blowjob. Was it you? You fucking vindictive homosexual fuck!

jw5

Loyal
I don't mind a little conversation but some of them turned out to be gays. One of them offered to give me a free blowjob. Was it you? You fucking vindictive homosexual fuck!

The vindictive homosexual fuck is Mark Andrew Yeo Kah Chong, who uses the monikers scroobal and Debonerman. :wink:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The vindictive homosexual fuck is Mark Andrew Yeo Kah Chong, who uses the monikers scroobal and Debonerman. :wink:

Careful there.....................no pictures okay? Or it will be Leongsam's knuckle dusters at dawn................LOL............LOL

tyudm

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro please lah. Enough or not? I am not taking any side but I do believe there is always an end to every issue. Let's make this place more comfortable. I already noticed some efforts by GD and JW.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro please lah. Enough or not? I am not taking any side but I do believe there is always an end to every issue. Let's make this place more comfortable. I already noticed some efforts by GD and JW.

Tell that to the homofuck jw5. It's 2016 today not 2013. Yeah I noticed jw5's efforts too. Drowning scroobal's replies. And by the way. I don't need people to reply to my posts or offer mediation. I sometimes may not be cordial.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Ang chap seriously needs to go. He is inarticulate, and when he tries to string together something remotely resembling coherence he comes out as nothing but an NTUC stooge. He does not represent cabbie interests at all. Not one bit.

These people are, for a large part, made up of displaced Singaporeans. They have suffered a blow in their career pipelines. Last thing they need is the government not caring about their needs.

Talk about double whammy. First screwed by FT PMETs then now screwed by Ang and the PAP NTUC arseholes.

tyudm

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell that to the homofuck jw5. It's 2016 today not 2013. Yeah I noticed jw5's efforts too. Drowning scroobal's replies. And by the way. I don't need people to reply to my posts or offer mediation. I sometimes may not be cordial.

---------------------------------------------------------Noted---------------------------------------------------------------------

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Ang chap seriously needs to go. He is inarticulate, and when he tries to string together something remotely resembling coherence he comes out as nothing but an NTUC stooge. He does not represent cabbie interests at all. Not one bit.

These people are, for a large part, made up of displaced Singaporeans. They have suffered a blow in their career pipelines. Last thing they need is the government not caring about their needs.

Talk about double whammy. First screwed by FT PMETs then now screwed by Ang and the PAP NTUC arseholes.

Never can understand how a taxi driver with a young family is going to bring home enough to make basic quality of life possible. Taxi driving should be for retirees.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Never can understand how a taxi driver with a young family is going to bring home enough to make basic quality of life possible. Taxi driving should be for retirees.

There was a taxi driver who bragged to the straits times that he earned a $7K income. Real or not i do not know. Some cabbies told me they wanted to report him to IRAS for tax fraud because he most likeky did not declare 7K.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

The goose is cooked. Let us instead discuss how we can screw sinkie cabbies further for inconveniencing us.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was a taxi driver who bragged to the straits times that he earned a $7K income. Real or not i do not know. Some cabbies told me they wanted to report him to IRAS for tax fraud because he most likeky did not declare 7K.

Didn't Comfort acknowledged in public during that fiasco their drivers earned on average $2000 a month?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i am quite sure 3-4k is reachable if you drive 10hrs a day 7 days a week. the 10 hrs does not include makan and kopi time.

with the proliferation of uber and grab drivers, not sure if it is the same nowadays.

i can understand uncles (above 50) driving taxis. it is sad to see younger chaps driving one. absolutely nothing disgraceful being a cabbie. but is the economy that bad? are the jobs taken up by FTs to the extent that our locals are marginalised?

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

KAN NI NA BU LAU CHEEBYE!:oIo:
LEONG CAN BAN ME FOR ALL I CARE!
NOW I FUCK YOUR MOTHER CHAO CHEE BYE!:oIo:
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO ME? PUI! :oIo:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am quite sure 3-4k is reachable if you drive 10hrs a day 7 days a week. the 10 hrs does not include makan and kopi time.

with the proliferation of uber and grab drivers, not sure if it is the same nowadays.

i can understand uncles (above 50) driving taxis. it is sad to see younger chaps driving one. absolutely nothing disgraceful being a cabbie. but is the economy that bad? are the jobs taken up by FTs to the extent that our locals are marginalised?

Doctors I am sure encourage that kind of job enthusiasm. The extra 1 to 2k should go into savings for medical fees down the road[pun unintended.]

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
KAN NI NA BU LAU CHEEBYE!:oIo:
LEONG CAN BAN ME FOR ALL I CARE!
NOW I FUCK YOUR MOTHER CHAO CHEE BYE!:oIo:
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO ME? PUI! :oIo:

And I fuck your mother cheebye back. What can you do to me? Go easy on the enlargement. It does not show strength.........LOL.......LOL.... and your reputation points....It's very telling......Gay gang exchange era.......LOL

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Yes, nothing disgraceful about being a cabby at all. It is just another means of self employment. Provides an important service to the community too. Don't know why so many take up this vocation after hitting mid career stall. Kenna screwed by FT policies, no doubt.