• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Slowed to a trickle...

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Marine Terrace

LTA did a good job to beautify Marine Terrace. In the process, it narrows the street, reduces speed limit and constructed a concrete divider on the road. This looks ok. But there is a SCDF fire station nearby. With the concrete divider and narrow road, ambulances and emergency vehicles will really have to slow down a lot. Will this impede rescue operations and cause lost of lives in emergencies? Did the authorities considered that when they planned to improve Marine Terrace?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Marine Terrace

LTA did a good job to beautify Marine Terrace. In the process, it narrows the street, reduces speed limit and constructed a concrete divider on the road. This looks ok. But there is a SCDF fire station nearby. With the concrete divider and narrow road, ambulances and emergency vehicles will really have to slow down a lot. Will this impede rescue operations and cause lost of lives in emergencies? Did the authorities considered that when they planned to improve Marine Terrace?

Yes I am sure they did.

In the old days it was worse because cars were blocking the way making it impossible for emergency vehicles to get in and out of certain areas.

Now they are just slowed down slightly.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes I am sure they did.

In the old days it was worse because cars were blocking the way making it impossible for emergency vehicles to get in and out of certain areas.

Now they are just slowed down slightly.

So what was the problem with the forum today? Could not access it for the most part of the day.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

So what was the problem with the forum today? Could not access it for the most part of the day.

Nothing wrong today. It went down yesterday at about 3 pm. I thought it was a database problem.

Turns out it was a hardware issue caused by my host's upgrading of the servers. The LAN in the datacentre went down so Apache could not communicate with MySQL

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not sure why when the estate was built, it had wider roads then usual and it led to overtaking and speeding. The older folks struggled to even cross the street. The dividers helped immensely. Frankly I see no issues even for cars to travel at the usual speed, let alone the big fire trucks.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

I brought this up a while back, not only Marine Terrace, other areas too.