• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

programming languages -> need advice

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi, all good bros,

i have done assembly language before. not so good with C.
not familiar with java and .net

can any geek bros tell me the difference and what is good for the future?

many thks!:o

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please don't learn Python. It's a waste of time, especially they keep changing the syntax in the name of beauty.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
another one to mention is matlab, a bit like visual basic but it's very engineering specific.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi, all good bros,

i have done assembly language before. not so good with C.
not familiar with java and .net

can any geek bros tell me the difference and what is good for the future?

many thks!:o

Future dun know BUT at present there is a shortage of employees with Java SE8 Programing Language skills. Lots of vacancies waiting to be filled. Especially those with Oracle OCA/OCP certifications.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Future dun know BUT at present there is a shortage of employees with Java SE8 Programing Language skills. Lots of vacancies waiting to be filled. Especially those with Oracle OCA/OCP certifications.

java and C++ is more object oriented, designed to solve real world problems.

after some thinking, java is widely used but also dominated by the ah nehs.

thanks to all good bros!

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro, you know little about programming.

object oriented is used by ALL programming codes. OOP means object oriented programming. object-property-value check this out.

consider your first step:

1. learn html5 first,

2. next, JavaScript. google has own Angular-JS is currently shortage of coders.

java and C++ is more object oriented, designed to solve real world problems.

after some thinking, java is widely used but also dominated by the ah nehs.

thanks to all good bros!

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro, you know little about programming.

object oriented is used by ALL programming codes. OOP means object oriented programming. object-property-value check this out.

consider your first step:

1. learn html5 first,

2. next, JavaScript. google has own Angular-JS is currently shortage of coders.

bro, the last i used was Motorola 68HC11 Assembly Language, which is the raw language for micro-controller chip, which is as good as the binary code that an intel processor understand, and this was more than 19 years ago.

Java was later invented after C++, and i did not use that for school or work. the languages such as C++ and Java contain more dynamic functions which can be used rather than you create your own. how is that i know little about programming?:rolleyes:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
you ask for advice?

what do you want to know?

get into coding job?

don't call a programmer this day but coder.

not to worry about competing with useless smelly Ah Neh for IT job. Learn the latest coding.

these days if you are Full Stack coder you can make up to $120K a year.

bro, the last i used was Motorola 68HC11 Assembly Language, which is the raw language for micro-controller chip, which is as good as the binary code that an intel processor understand, and this was more than 19 years ago.

Java was later invented after C++, and i did not use that for school or work. the languages such as C++ and Java contain more dynamic functions which can be used rather than you create your own. how is that i know little about programming?:rolleyes:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
learn html5 first. Then CSS3 is for styling.

why? it has been agreed in the IT communities that a web page (1) should contain a document structure with DOM, OOP, Nodes and so on.

Then proceed to JavaScript for performance. That is 'click' here and there to get customer to add something.

Canvas? This is Canvas use JavaScript coding and is becoming more popular.

Take this 2 step first and once you know them the rest like Java, C++. Objective C, python, Rubi on rails, Raspberry Pi and so on become easy.

These day All coding structure is similar in coding.

Coding includes things like variable, array, function, event handler and Event listener, DOM and so on .....

Last edited:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you ask for advice?

what do you want to know?

get into coding job?

don't call a programmer this day but coder.

not to worry about competing with useless smelly Ah Neh for IT job. Learn the latest coding.

these days if you are Full Stack coder you can make up to $120K a year.

thanks bro, i am far from a full stack coder. it's as good as a all rounder and will require many years of real world experience.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
learn html5 first. Then CSS3 is for styling.

why? it has been agreed in the IT communities that a web page (1) should contain a document structure with DOM, OOP, Nodes and so on.

Then proceed to JavaScript for performance. That is 'click' here and there to get customer to add something.

Canvas? This is Canvas use JavaScript coding and is becoming more popular.

Take this 2 step first and once you know them the rest like Java, C++. Objective C, python, Rubi on rails, Raspberry Pi and so on become easy.

These day All coding structure is similar in coding.

Coding includes things like variable, array, function, event handler and Event listener, DOM and so on .....

this sounds more like a web developer, what is the value in it?