• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yet another racist tirade - Amy Cheong style.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now she is apologising profusely.

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singap...omplains-about-noise-malay-wedding?nopaging=1
Another Amy Cheong? Young mother complains about noise from Malay wedding

Jacqueline Wong's (left) post online about the noise from a Malay wedding is similar to the Amy Cheong (right) incident which happened last October.

SINGAPORE - Another Amy Cheong in the making? A young mother has been bombarded by netizens for racial discrimination after she complained about a Malay wedding at her void deck, reported Lianhe Wanbao. One netizen even allegedly made a police report.

RELATED STORIES

According to the report, there was a Malay wedding at the block where 20-year-old Jacqueline Wong lives. The celebrations reportedly caused her new-born baby girl not to get any sleep, thus prompting her to rant on social media site Facebook on Thursday evening.

She wrote: 'Another malay wedding under my block againnnnn! all th knocking since early morning! now thy are setting up th scene. then thy gonna make sooooooo much noises cooking till midnight. then again sooooooo much noises on th wedding day. no peace for at least 3days! god damn it. even my baby can't haf her afternoon nap. i wonder who started th "malay wedding at hdb" thing. nv see other races doing so too? inconsiderate max.' (Note: This is from her original post)

After putting up the remark, Lianhe Wanbao said the post garnered much attention with netizens calling her disrespectful. The evening daily also said some people even reported her post to the police.

A member of the public Miss Chen told Lianhe Wanbao: 'How can she scold others for having weddings at the HDB block? When Chinese people have funerals, the events are even longer and noisier; and we don't see people complaining. The one who is inconsiderate is her!"

According to the Chinese daily, Miss Wong has since removed her post and has been constantly apologising for it after seeing the responses she was getting.

In a similar case in October 2012, former NTUC Membership Partnership & Alliance assistant director Amy Cheong posted an expletive-filled racist rant on Facebook about the noise coming from a Malay wedding held at her void deck, reported local news media.

The New Paper reported that netizens branded her a "racist" and even government ministers, including Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, condemned her post. Cheong was subsequently terminated from her company and the English daily said she moved to Perth, Australia, shortly after the incident.

Cheong, a Singapore permanent resident and Australian citizen, also received a stern warning from the police, reported The Straits Times in March 2013.

Young mother shows sincerity in changing

Even though Miss Wong, 20, has been apologising and asking for forgiveness for her post, said Lianhe Wanbao, there are still netizens who refuse to accept her apology.

After seeing the backlash she was getting from her post, the young mother immediately removed it from her Facebook page and issued an apology, hoping to gain forgiveness and a chance to explain her side of the story.

She said: "What I wanted to say was why can't HDB build a multi-purpose area for us to hold wedding activities?"

Despite apologising many times, Lianhe Wanbao said some netizens are still not satisfied, saying that she should have known that her post is wrong.

However, one netizen said: "Everyone makes mistakes. Since she has apologised, we should give her another chance."

This article was translated from Lianhe Wanbao (Nov 15, 2013).

[email protected]

moxmoxmox;1525585
irritating noise could be from - malay wedding - chinese funeral - seventh month wayang performance - SAF airforce practising for National day - neighbour hacking floor / wall / pillar ! BUT !!! WORST of all noise is from horrible upstairs neighbour who bang and drag and drop furnitures and rocks and marbles ! becos it is daily occurance

Recently a group of korea ladies live same level with me. Every evening..can hear their laugher at their kitchen. Very scary laughing....
Posted by: hfourhappy at Mon Jul 07 11:04:45 MYT 2014

Need to invent sound traps (consists of many round sticky buttons). Sure got market.
Posted by: Hello Name at Mon Jul 07 09:56:25 MYT 2014
irritating noise could be from - malay wedding - chinese funeral - seventh month wayang performance - SAF airforce practising for National day - neighbour hacking floor / wall / pillar ! BUT !!! WORST of all noise is from horrible upstairs neighbour who bang and drag and drop furnitures and rocks and marbles ! becos it is daily occurance
Posted by: moxmoxmox at Mon Jul 07 09:51:54 MYT 2014

The one who started the "wedding" at HDB void deck are those that do not have to live in HDB.
Posted by: garone at Mon Jul 07 08:42:31 MYT 2014

Daft, stop complaining daft. the door is always open for you to emigrate if you are not happy with the noise here. Daft, you daft are always welcome to go because there is long waiting list of appreciatives and respectful foreign talent eyeing to replace the void left by you daft. Daft, so please leave if you are not happy daft.
Posted by: harryleeky at Sun Jul 06 13:52:00 MYT 2014

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singap...malay-wedding?nopaging=1#sthash.xKWJ1LGJ.dpuf

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Another example was where a middle aged woman went around ranting about how Singapore's society should be Chinese centric and asked the condo management why they hired all Indian security personnel who allegedly has been giving her trouble.

This is known as Chinese privilege, and it is a problem in Singapore. Certain tuition agencies have the temerity to tell applicants that they want to work only with Chinese tutors.

It is similar to Malay privilege in Malaysia, only there it is far worse because it is institutionalized through the constitution and through government policies and Malaysian leaders are allowed to attack Chinese racially fearing without consequence.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
And what if it was really noisy? Is she supposed to just tolerate it? That I suppose would be called being "gracious" in a high-density urban locale. I think weddings and funerals should be held at a function hall. A purpose-built venue for all such social occasions and functions.

Cheers!

Now she is apologising profusely.....................................

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
seriously i like the malay wedding music alot better than chinese funeral music or chanting......and malays got some kickass rock songs/love ballads.and yeah why not complain about the incense and kim chua burning shit during seventh month and CNY?that is some serious fucked up bullshit.....imagine smelling that smoke 24 hours a day,every fucking day.this country is a piece of shit,not only its hot as fuck 9 months out the year,2 months of the year u get to breathe haze and another month and two weeks u get to smell smoke everyday.why the fuck am i not in australia yet?????

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually Multi purpose halls are very dirty and polluted by pork lards.
i dont understand why Muslim want to hold events at multipurpose halls. they are not halal u know

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
We seem to be regressive in recent years in this respect. The Tampines mall staff that sent out the message that the mall caters to Chinese audience is another.

It stems from personal insecurity and the ability to handle, work with or interact with other races. In any work and social environment you can more or less work out who is insecure by their fixation that any issue is a racial issue. The fact that this lady didn't even think that Chinese hold funeral in the very same place is nothing short of amazing.

Another example was where a middle aged woman went around ranting about how Singapore's society should be Chinese centric and asked the condo management why they hired all Indian security personnel who allegedly has been giving her trouble.

This is known as Chinese privilege, and it is a problem in Singapore. Certain tuition agencies have the temerity to tell applicants that they want to work only with Chinese tutors.

It is similar to Malay privilege in Malaysia, only there it is far worse because it is institutionalized through the constitution and through government policies and Malaysian leaders are allowed to attack Chinese racially fearing without consequence.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
And what if it was really noisy? Is she supposed to just tolerate it? That I suppose would be called being "gracious" in a high-density urban locale. I think weddings and funerals should be held at a function hall. A purpose-built venue for all such social occasions and functions.

Cheers!

Yes, she is supposed to accommodate it. Integration is not easy - not for anyone, certainly not for the people of Singapore. We took 50 years and the tinderbox is still there.

The government opened the floodgates to foeigners are now we have to start all over again, from square one, teaching foreigners they need to pay the price of integration like we Singaporeans have done for the past 50 years - and it is not a small price. It involves personal sacrifice from every member of society. The PAP cabinet does not see this. Why has LKY not mentored them when he was still alive?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Malay weddings are horrible, Chinese funerals are a nightmare and Indians are a pain without having to do anything whatsoever. Their mere presence is offensive.

Burmese are the best.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, she is supposed to accommodate it. Integration is not easy - not for anyone, certainly not for the people of Singapore. We took 50 years and the tinderbox is still there.

The government opened the floodgates to foeigners are now we have to start all over again, from square one, teaching foreigners they need to pay the price of integration like we Singaporeans have done for the past 50 years - and it is not a small price. It involves personal sacrifice from every member of society. The PAP cabinet does not see this. Why has LKY not mentored them when he was still alive?

is tolerance the same as integration and acceptance?there is growing evidence in the 21st century that multiculturalism along with mass immigration and population ponzis are a myth and overrated.multiculturalism do u see that happening in singapore?between the numerous races both foreign and local?the only reason sinkies got together was because we had a common culture and identity that was whitewashed together over the decades,a sort of singaporean "culture and common language" that was sort of blended and muted together into a bland and boring common culture and spoken language.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the sound system is blaring the Police will be called and they will advise the organisers accordingly. It is not uncommon. Carrying out a racist rant is a different matter. Hope you can tell the difference.

Cheers!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Indians use to have disco parties with sound systems blaring for Birthday parties in the past. Now not fashionable.

From what I heard most people avoid the lower floors when picking flats for this reason.

Malay weddings are horrible, Chinese funerals are a nightmare and Indians are a pain without having to do anything whatsoever. Their mere presence is offensive.

Burmese are the best.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If Health minister can say that Malay is the most unhealthy race in singapore, why cant this young lady say that it is malay wedding is noisy

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually Multi purpose halls are very dirty and polluted by pork lards.
i dont understand why Muslim want to hold events at multipurpose halls. they are not halal u know

Taking this analogy further, most of sinkapore is not halal. Should the Malays carve up a piece of the island for themselves?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cheers!

She should be cursing the PAP instead of the Malays. We have millionaire brain trust in government, yet they can't understand forsee this social problem?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
People living in a high-density community just have to adjust to the conditions of living in such a place, there is no other way. Those born and raised here will be immersed in the crowd and will soon get accustomed to it. For those who arrive from lands that are sparse and have lots of space, they will need to make some effort to get used to the tight fitting spaces here. Most cities throughout the world are crowded anyway.

Cheers!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Funny that Sporeans are attacking each other. As I see it , the main problem is that the PAP has been packing too many sardines into a limited space.
You rarely hear the wealthy complain because they can hold their weddings in hotels or their large bungalows. Of course you need $

These are problems caused by high density living & the PAP want to invite even more people into Spore. A couple of million more:eek:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... She wrote: 'Another malay wedding under my block againnnnn! all th knocking since early morning! now thy are setting up th scene. then thy gonna make sooooooo much noises cooking till midnight. then again sooooooo much noises on th wedding day. no peace for at least 3days! god damn it. even my baby can't haf her afternoon nap. i wonder who started th "malay wedding at hdb" thing. nv see other races doing so too? inconsiderate max.' (Note: This is from her original post) ...
she's being candid n she juz spoke her hart out ...

watz wrong wif dat? ... she juz showed her typical sinkie behavior ... c sumting dun like in others, criticize, tel others off n put dem down ...

n her quik apology after kena criticised herself again showed her sinkie behavior ...

sinkies r lidat 1 wat! ... wat u expek? ...