• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit Batok by-election to be held on May 7

jw5

Loyal
I believe "this time is different'.

The last GE2015 was a shocker. Despite the massive turnout of supporters at the Opps rallies, the final results showed that the Opps did dismally. It was the worst performance for WP, SDP and other Opps. The main reason attributing to the dismal results for the Opps was that the voters were genuinely afraid that the Opps might win and overturn the PAP judging by the presence of Opps contesting in every constituency and the massive support display at the Opps rallies. And so, many voters including a large number of swing voters voted sympathetically for the PAP just to insure that they stay in government.

But this time is a by-election. The government is already settled. There is no more fear of Opps overturning the government. The voters of BB now have a clear mind to vote for who can really serve them as their MP.

So, this time is different. What you see is what you get.

The LKY effect could have been a factor too in GE2015. :wink:

jw5

Loyal
Not all national issues are on the same level of importance. I believe joblessness, elderly care, medical cost, transportation costs are matters close to the hearts of most heart-landers as these affect their livelihoods. He should speak up for these issues.

Also high cost of living in general and housing for the younger voters. :wink:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In that case, he should promise to donate all of his MP's allowance if elected. :wink:

He most likely would. Chee, on the other hand, is doing the MP job full-time. Hence, he probably would use most of the MP allowance for his own personal use. See how self-centred the egomaniac Chee really is?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
He found out the remaining bonking grounds from botak ong and decided to grab some old mangoes for himself?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
He most likely would. Chee, on the other hand, is doing the MP job full-time. Hence, he probably would use most of the MP allowance for his own personal use. See how self-centred the egomaniac Chee really is?

Likely is only guessing. Better do it. Follow the steps of botak ong n donate sperms to needy housewifes as well

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Likely is only guessing. Better do it. Follow the steps of botak ong n donate sperms to needy housewifes as well

Wendy's husband is clearly a loser. Alpha males like us take the women regardless of their marital status. Nothing to be ashamed about. I am just surprised that David didn't publicly ridicule the husband in the process.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wendy's husband is clearly a loser. Alpha males like us take the women regardless of their marital status. Nothing to be ashamed about. I am just surprised that David didn't publicly ridicule the husband in the process.
U like used goods? Anyway u r an eunuch so they r no benefits to u as performance is only in your dreams

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wtf ! Why did you say you are going to be a part time MP only?

Sir , you know what I mean.

It 's not what I know what you mean. You must make those voters know what you mean.

I will clarify in the rally. To me, politics is a cause. Not a job. It 's a sacred duty sir!

And so how does that square with your statement of doing part time MP ?

Sir, running the town council and looking after the residents is not a one man show. That idiot Chee thinks it's so simple.
He wants to run it himself. As a MP, he is like the mayor of the town. He gets things running in the town. He doesn't always need to be hand on. He listens to the residents's needs and he works out a plan and gets resources to address the needs. We are not electing a coolie to carry rice sacks for the residents. If that's Chee idea of a full time MP.

I know. I know. But you need to assure them that you and your team are always available . Not part time.

Of course. That was what I meant.

You will clarify this ?

Yes .

Last edited:

tyudm

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should this stay or go after May7 MuChee election?

bukit-batok-resident-barrier-pathway-inconvenient-elderly-wheelchair_0.JPG

Dear All Singapore Stuff,

I stay in Bukit Batok and I want to complain about this stupid barrier that can be seen in certain parts of the estate. It is an eyesore and it is rather difficult to navigate.

There is a staircase ahead in that pathway, do they seriously think someone will cycle all the way to the staircase? Do they take cyclists for fools?

This is unnecessary inconvenience to elderly residents and those using wheelchair. Furthermore it is impractical and is a waste of money by the town council we are paying.

Mr Tay
Bukit Batok Resident
Editor's Note:

Do you have a story to share? Please use our submission form or email us at [email protected].

- More at AllSingaporeStuff.com http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/ar...y-eyesore-and-inconvenient-elderly-wheelchair
FB: http://fb.com/allsgstuff

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

In the rally, Chee mentioned that he will use his MP allowance for help the families in poverty program.. Pls go and watch the rally lah.. Talk so much chap only shows your sinkie stupidity..

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
I attended the rally last night after work. As I've rarely been to Bukit Batok and unfamiliar with the place, I took the bus and MRT instead of driving. Wow, the EWL train was very crowded all the way to Jurong East to change train, it was also super crowded in the NSL train to Bukit Batok and many people couldn't squeeze into the train. And at Bukit Batok MRT, I had to take a bus to the rally site. In all it was a long journey from my office, I had to take 2 buses and 2 trains, and it's crazy how people have to squeeze like sardines into MRT trains.

Last night's SDP rally was good, the SDP member in the TC transition team is highly experienced in TC work and made a great speech on SDP's ability to handle the TC. Dr Tambyah and Dr Chee made great speeches in the rally.

Towards the end of his speech, Dr Chee talks about PAP's failure in productivity, and how PAP spend billions repeating the same failure over and over again, which he describes as insanity and quoted Albert Einstein:

insanity-Einstein-Quotes.png

Dr Chee said what Singapore needs is change and this will lead to a more innovative society for a globalised economy. Without change, Singapore's economy will end up like Kodak and Nokia.

For decades PAP have curtailed Sinkies' democratic rights and impose strict controls on Sinkies' freedom, this has badly stifled innovation and why Singapore has been unable to create innovative companies like Apple. Dr Chee's speech reminds me of that old Apple commercial, I think this is what Dr Chee wants to foster change and innovation in Singapore:

Bukit Batok By-Election 2016 - SDP 1st Rally - Dr Chee (English)

Bukit Batok By-Election 2016 - SDP 1st Rally - Dr Paul Tambyah

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So basically chee will not win as the ppl attending the rally cant vote anyway. Talk about duds...n rally numbers do not translate to votes...so rallies r just entertainment...no bloody use at all.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/politic...council-with-more-transparency-says-chee-soon

Bukit Batok by-election: SDP will run town council with more transparency, says Chee Soon Juan

Published 30 April 2016

SINGAPORE - Bukit Batok residents will have a full-time MP and a town council that will be run with more transparency and accountability than any other, Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) candidate Chee Soon Juan said on Friday (April 29) night.

This would be the case if he wins the May 7 by-election, he said in his first rally of the campaign.

In an hour-long speech in four languages and a dialect, he outlined his plans to ensure a smooth handover of the town council.

These included the team that the SDP has assembled to get the job done, and the goals the town council would achieve in its first 100 days after it took over.

He also touched on several issues during the rally, including what he said was the Government's failure to boost productivity, its decision to ring-fence Singaporeans' Central Provident Fund (CPF) savings, and high ministerial salaries.

The opposition veteran, who is contesting his fifth election, said he was excited about the by-election, as it presented the SDP with an opportunity to run a town council and accomplish "bigger and better things" with the community.

"Running the town council will allow the SDP to shine and demonstrate our competence," he said.

A transition team comprising four accountants, three estate managers and six lawyers has been formed to "make sure that the new SDP-run (Bukit Batok) Town Council works without a hitch, all from Day One", he said.

Within the first 100 days, the town council will publish a comprehensive report of the handover, a clear budgetary plan, its first interim financial report, its workplan for the first 12 months, and estate maintenance strategies, he added.

"Why do we go through the whole trouble of telling you specifically what will be done by whom and by when?

"We do this because we not only want to match the current levels of management of PAP-run town councils, we want to surpass them," he said.

"We want to set new standards for transparency and accountability in town council governance. We do this because we want to be held accountable."

He criticised the People's Action Party (PAP) for employing managing agents to run its town councils. He said this unnecessarily raised expenses for residents.

Under the SDP's plan, Dr Chee will dispense with a managing agent and personally oversee the running of the town council.

The SDP will also "employ experienced managers to head the various departments".

To show that it was serious about ensuring a smooth takeover should Dr Chee win, the party invited Mr Yeo Yeu Yong, chief executive officer of facilities management firm Primech Services International, to speak at the rally.

Mr Yeo, 67, is part of a four-man team that will act as a resource panel to advise the SDP on town council issues in the first 100 days.

Mr Yeo said he previously ran a company that had contracts "spread across many town councils", and which won contracts with various agencies such as the Housing Board, National Parks Board and ground-handling firm Sats.

Other speakers like medical professor Paul Tambyah stressed that estate upgrading and neighbourhood renewal programmes will continue even if the SDP wins at the polls.

Dr Tambyah pointed to how the Eunos Spring Neighbourhood Renewal Programme went ahead even when the Workers' Party won in Aljunied GRC in 2011. Hougang has also undergone the HDB's Remaking Our Heartland programme "despite the fact that Hougang has not had a PAP MP for more than 25 years".

On Friday night, Dr Chee reiterated that he will be more committed to residents than his PAP opponent, lawyer Murali Pillai, can be.

"Mr Murali's choice of not committing himself full-time to Bukit Batok... does reflect what is closest to his heart," he said, referring to Mr Murali's remarks that he can put Bukit Batok residents first while continuing to practise law.

"Me? There is no question, my heart is here full-time in Bukit Batok."

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Includong you own dotter?

jw5

Loyal

Dr Chee has already promised to use part of his MP allowance for his party's programmes in thw ward. Mr Murali has not promised anything similar. He has only said that there would be no upgrading of the people's facilities using the people's money if he is not elected. When he promises his own money, please update again. :wink:

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like PAP is getting worried, apparently Tharman not good enough, now LHL is walking around Bukit Batok for Murali.

Today, Murali says he's his own man, Really??? I don't think that's true after seeing him follow behind LHL around Bukit Batok like an obedient minion.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全 shared Singapore Democratic Party (SDP)'s live video.

30 April 2016

[Admin]: "We feel very good at this point, so we will continue with our house visit this afternoon. We don't have a rally this evening, we will only do one tomorrow at Bukit Gombak stadium tomorrow [Sunday] evening. Our message continues to be to stay positive, not to get into the kind of m&d slinging politics we all expected from the PAP side. We want to focus on us getting our message across that right from day one, we are poised to take care of the town council to make sure that our work goes on without any glitches, and thereafter to be able to maintain and put some of these upgrading projects. They are already in the pipeline, so we make sure they will come into completion. We will also be talking about some of the social programmes we want for Bukit Batok residents,and to make sure that these residents' quality of life, they are enhanced, and to make sure that they really understand what it means for an MP to look after their interests. Right now, they haven't experienced anything different yet..."
‪‬