• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Spore economy is running out of steam!

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Channel NewsAsia Singapore News
Singapore’s exports shrink 15.6% in March, biggest drop in a year
Today, 2:59 AM
Exports to all of Singapore’s top 10 markets, except Japan and Hong Kong, declined last month, according to IE Singapore.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I remember correctly the PAP ministers pay is influence by the performance of the economy. Anyone know if they are taking a pay cut ?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the current team of pap ministars will lead sinkies to no where. face it, this is the hard truth. let's wait and see with MAS depreciation of SGD will help the economy. i have my doubts cos' sinkieland is very overpriced, many think that way too.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
the current team of pap ministars will lead sinkies to no where. face it, this is the hard truth. let's wait and see with MAS depreciation of SGD will help the economy. i have my doubts cos' sinkieland is very overpriced, many think that way too.

These guys will only make excuses unless the people light a fire under them. So who is to blame ? Sinkies really have their heads in the sand. Very sad.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dont worry too much, just pay and pay and all will be Fine.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Export shrink but import of FT and chicken still going strong.:biggrin:

What export does singapore really has? Most manufacturing plants are outside singapore.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These guys will only make excuses unless the people light a fire under them. So who is to blame ? Sinkies really have their heads in the sand. Very sad.

Dont worry too much, just pay and pay and all will be Fine.

i actually hope that s'pore sustain it's currency strength but to my dismay, they chose to depreciate. what a bunch of losers at MAS!:rolleyes:

seemingly, they use this depreciation tool to fight for s'pore survival at the expense of many below average and poor in s'pore.:oIo:

s'pore forever is a money talks bullshit walks kind of country.:oIo:

if sinkie dun slog like a dog, he will die a church mouse.:(

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
looks like its never good to grow ur economy too fast on chicken steriods and bovine growth hormones.looks like the economy is hemorrhaging out of its ass from all the unhealthy chemicals and processes we force it to go thru.....whatever happened to foreigners will create jobs for sinkies?the economy is literally shrinking,looks like there wont even be jobs for fts let alone sinkies........a good recession might even bring singapore's population down to 5 million....so much for population 6.9 white paper......looks like there are some forces in the universe that even PAP cannot defy.......i hope a recession hoots singapore jialat jialat,once the foreigners start going home cause lack of job opportunities,the housing bubble is going to burst along with shopping,retail and rental,prices is going to come crashing down.

Last edited:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why do i say that s'pore is overpriced, look at how gahment try to bring own the property prices, it's an indicator that they know sinkieland is overpriced obscenely. with so many calls to leave the curb on property prices but they just refuse, one will know that bubble is just an excuse.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why do i say that s'pore is overpriced, look at how gahment try to bring own the property prices, it's an indicator that they know sinkieland is overpriced obscenely. with so many calls to leave the curb on property prices but they just refuse, one will know that bubble is just an excuse.

agreed its one thing to live in a expensive city and have high wages,another thing to live in the world most expensive city and pathetic wages.even in new york the minimum wage is $9 an hour which is equal to $13 SGD an hour.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Stupid sinkies voted for such shit.. They deserve it. Stupid sinkie losers deserve to be screwed..

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when u have a economy thats based on building more and more cheap and subpar condos,expanding mrt lines and building more shopping malls,why is it surprising that the model stops working after ten years?importing more human bodies to generate demand and growth isnt going to work forever especially when the bulk of them are just cheap labour with not much spending power.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore's economy is running out of steam because the main economies the rest of the world are running out of steam too, and Sg's industries ride on them. During the 70s, Singapore was well ahead of other nations in Asia, (except for Japan). There were a couple of local workshops making excpansion-chambers (performance exhaust pipes) for small capacity two-stroke motorcycles, but your ROV clamped down on them, and they soon disappeared from the streets. Look at the possible market for these today in cities like Jakarta, Manila, Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh City, Mumbai!!! Unlimited. But because of ROV's indifference towards local motorcyclists, this industry was stopped before it could have grown into to feed the regional growth. Another area Sg was ahead then - music. Some Sg bands played to big crowds in Malaysia then, but your Ministry of Culture pursued the "no long hair" policy and killed these bands. Otherwise Sg would set the trend in South=-East Asia for music and arts, instead, this (the arts) are now dictated by a few well-to-do connected kids from rich family whose idea of the arts are for those born with the silver spoon able to afford tickets to shows in Europe and America. So, followers of world culture, will have to go with global economic partterns. Have fun!

Cheers!

Channel NewsAsia Singapore News
Singapore’s exports shrink 15.6% in March, biggest drop in a year
Today, 2:59 AM
Exports to all of Singapore’s top 10 markets, except Japan and Hong Kong, declined last month, according to IE Singapore.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore's economy is running out of steam because the main economies the rest of the world are running out of steam too, and Sg's industries ride on them. During the 70s, Singapore was well ahead of other nations in Asia, (except for Japan). There were a couple of local workshops making excpansion-chambers (performance exhaust pipes) for small capacity two-stroke motorcycles, but your ROV clamped down on them, and they soon disappeared from the streets. Look at the possible market for these today in cities like Jakarta, Manila, Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh City, Mumbai!!! Unlimited. But because of ROV's indifference towards local motorcyclists, this industry was stopped before it could have grown into to feed the regional growth. Another area Sg was ahead then - music. Some Sg bands played to big crowds in Malaysia then, but your Ministry of Culture pursued the "no long hair" policy and killed these bands. Otherwise Sg would set the trend in South=-East Asia for music and arts, instead, this (the arts) are now dictated by a few well-to-do connected kids from rich family whose idea of the arts are for those born with the silver spoon able to afford tickets to shows in Europe and America. So, followers of world culture, will have to go with global economic partterns. Have fun!

Cheers!

So in other words the success & the failures of Spore is due to the strangle hold that the PAP has on Spore & Sporeans.

Don't forget about the population policies of LKY. When you have some individual trying to force everyone to follow, you will have many problems.