• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tharman's goodwill politics - where will it stop

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bukit Batok has been a PAP stronghold for decades. They looked after the West from the 60s and 70s because of the communist threat in those days and it is was red zone. That support network provided by PA and the authorities carried out over. Opposition have not played any part since those days. The fact that interest from the parties were lukewarm is quite indicative.

I would also expect other Opposition Parties if they contested to struggle in these areas. Look at the GE results over the years, the high % are from the west.

One of my ex-army friends told me that Bukit Batok residents will definitely vote the PAP Murali. They deserve to be fcuk.

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bukit Batok has been a PAP stronghold for decades. They looked after the West from the 60s and 70s because of the communist threat in those days and it is was red zone. That support network provided by PA and the authorities carried out over. Opposition have not played any part since those days. The fact that interest from the parties were lukewarm is quite indicative.

I would also expect other Opposition Parties if they contested to struggle in these areas. Look at the GE results over the years, the high % are from the west.

Another reason is the higher proportion of Chinese HDB dwellers in the West. As such, they are more concerned about town council matters and more susceptible from upgrading carrots. Newer citizens also prefer to live in the West due to as it area is not as developed in the East and we all know that new citizens vote for the incumbent.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are not stupid. They know foreigners are depressing their wages and they have seen their friends get retrenched and some Myanmar or China man take their place with a wide grin on their faces. My friend earns $1,700 as a secretary and she has decades of working experience. What happened to the Singapore dream and chasing that stupid rainbow for her? Another one just got out of hospital and she had to cough out thousands of cash for a very minor day surgery because the hospital tells her she is not covered by insurance. WTF? I thought Medishield Life covers surgery. The system is broken for these two.

The trouble comes during election time when the PAP mobilizes all its grassroots resources to paint not just a picture of better days ahead, but also the image of a protective, "know-it-all" father figure who will be with them during a rainy day. Girls tend to fall for the image of "stability", that's why more girls are PAP voters than men.

That is why it is so important for the opposition to attract credible candidates. Because that is the only way to persuade the lower income to take the risk and change sides. Just like the Navy SEALS, our lower income Singaporeans have become comfortable being uncomfortable. In the military that is noble, but in politics, that is ignoble. The opposition must step up its game and convince them that they are ready to take charge and worth the risk of switching sides.

If they believe the grassroots...they deserved tobe culled as they r too stupid to realise the truth..and i guess natural selection does not work..