• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

IMH question: under the extremes would psychiatrists be tge last to go insane?

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are psychiatrists themselves the most capable of holding out their own mines while under the most extreme pressures?

When you put a hermit a yoga master a monk a priest a doctor a tough warrior and a psychiatrist together into the worst harsh pressurizing conditions, who would be the last to go nuts?

Does psychological and neurological expertise help one to uphold own mental health? Or is it the strength of brain chemistry instilled by meditation practitioners going to be most helpful?

Can we make a brutal TV challenge show like Survivor type for mental strength?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the Singapore best known and richest psychiatrist developed dementia and has no idea where he is. Its sad but it happens to everyone.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, he had the expertise, wealth and connections but he could not do anything about his condition. Even before he lost his mind, his children tried to screw his wishes by claiming he was not in possession of his faculties. And he more than provided for them. In the end he had to rely on his former neighbour and good friend to execute his wishes.

the late Dr Wong YC?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, he had the expertise, wealth and connections but he could not do anything about his condition. Even before he lost his mind, his children tried to screw his wishes by claiming he was not in possession of his faculties. And he more than provided for them. In the end he had to rely on his former neighbour and good friend to execute his wishes.

both sons also doctors and great chess players. i know the elder one. neurologist i think.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The 2 sons were my peers.
They were delinquents and terrible in their studies particularly the younger son and stayed back almost every year.
Their dad had to use his influence to keep them from being expelled.
I'm surprised both managed to pass medical school....
Their uncle is Wong Yip Yan of wywy fame and godson pointman of Ng Teng Fong

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
They grew with both parents missing, mother was mentally ill and father had taken up with another person. They were mentored by father's close friend Prof Lim Kok Ann.

Yes, on Wywy, captured the photocopying market before going over to Ng's stable to run YHS.

They were delinquents and terrible in their studies particularly the younger son and stayed back almost every year.
Their uncle is Wong Yip Yan of wywy fame and godson pointman of Ng Teng Fong

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

100% sure younger one did not repeat a single year.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
both sons also doctors and great chess players. i know the elder one. neurologist i think.

hahah. I knew the father very well. had three sons all doctors. eldest one a neurologist, another a GP, another a psychiatrist like father. yes your right last son did not repeat a single year.it was the second one. the psychiatrist son was a former rank international chess master now based in HK. told me lots of weird stories esp involved murderers he defended . adrian lim one of them. overall nice people no airs.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
three sons all doctors. eldest one a neurologist, another a GP, another a psychiatrist like father. the psychiatrist was a former rank international chess master now based in HK. heard lots of weird stories esp involved murderers he defended . adrian lim one of them

Am quite sure only two of them. Not heard of the psychiatrist. Youngest is 54 and elder bro 59. If psychiatrist bro exists must be late 60s to have dealt with Adrian?

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Am quite sure only two of them. Not heard of the psychiatrist. Youngest is 54 and elder bro 59. If psychiatrist bro exists must be late 60s to have dealt with Adrian?

you misread. I meant the father WYC himself dealth with Adrian Lim, not son.
my info 100% correct. I have never been wrong before. 3 sons were named MC, ML, MK (initials only I can revealed). last one is psychiatrist and chess expert. sons age 59, 54,53. Met all three sons as I go to their house often along main bukit timah road. go and ask around. 100% sure. sad story regarding their mother but too sensitive and not right to reveal. WYC later married his nurse.

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
According to PAP and daft Sinkie logic, so-called Quitters (I call them upgraders) suffer from drapetomania ................

[video=youtube;Qj7GmeSAxXo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj7GmeSAxXo[/video]

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
3 sons and 1 daughter MS by first wife. MW 4th son by another. MS lives in Australia. And yes the psychiatrist is in HK.

ps. I suspect that all 3 of you GD, NW and NU would know of each other without realising it.

my info 100% correct. I have never been wrong before. 3 sons were named MC, ML, MK (initials only I can revealed). last one is psychiatrist and chess expert. sons age 59, 54,53. Met all three sons as I go to their house often along main bukit timah road. go and ask around. 100% sure. sad story regarding their mother but too sensitive and not right to reveal. WYC later married his nurse.

SeeFartLoong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doctors themselves makes THE WORST PATIENTS when they fell ill. IHM psychiatrists could be the worst nuts the hardest to cure in the world.

:(

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
3 sons and 1 daughter MS by first wife. MW 4th son by another. MS lives in Australia. And yes the psychiatrist is in HK.

ps. I suspect that all 3 of you GD, NW and NU would know of each other without realising it.

not sure who they are but likely they may know me. i am mark andrew yeo. you too! whahahaha. according to someone who claims to have great observation skills.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

that being the case i should know the youngest. i am 53 too. btw i am mark andrew yeo.