• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Late Night Drama - Potential Suicide averted - Identity withheld

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE - A stand-off ensued at PSA Building at Alexandra Road late this evening, after a man in his 60ss threatened to kill himself in an office on the 33rd floor

It lasted at least two hours, with the authorities trying to calm him down.

The man is believed to have wielded a Japanese Sword during the incident.

The SCDF said it received a call for assistance at 7pm.

SCDF officers deployed lifepacks after arriving on scene as the man was close to an open window. Cordons were set up below the block, and SCDF officers also took up positions on ledges outside the unit.

Building security supervisor Mr Jayakumar said that he was alerted by a member of public who saw a figure standing close to an open window on the 33rd floor and seen to be gesticulating wildly with a Japanese sword. He immediately called the Police and notified the Building Manager Mr Paul Lim Boon Heng who then took the lift to the 33rd floor.

SCDF spokesman Col TY Lui confirmed that a man wearing a Japanese rising star bandana on his forehead and brandishing a sword had threatened to kill himself. It appeared that the man was a victim of cuber bullying and could not take it anymore. His boss was contacted and he spoke to the man on the phone.The boss apparently managed to coax him out of it.

Mdm Ching Ho who works as a cleaner at the building said that Police led away a fit looking short Chinese man. He was only wearing trousers and was shirtless. She also said that she noticed a tattoo of lightning on the left side of his chest.

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mdm Ching Ho who works as a cleaner at the building said that Police led away a fit looking short Chinese man. He was only wearing trousers and was shirtless. She also said that she noticed a tattoo of lightning on the left side of his chest.

Must be an MIW.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore - Robert (name has been changed to protect the guilty ) agreed to speak with us at a private clinic where he is receiving treatment over yesterday's incident at PSA Building. He felt that he had to tell his side of the story.

"I have this feeling that I am treated as a second class citizen in my own country. They still think I am a Malaysian from Penang and the attacks are relentless. You know that I achieved the highest position in the Civil Service when I was asked to consider politics. I felt that I can contribute to a better Singapore. You know one of the first things that I did was cut the price of medicine and medical costs across the board when I saw the health clusters were raising it without any justification. "

" Minister, where do you think things could have gone wrong?

" I made a gaffe, I screwed up. I suggested that elderly Singaporeans may have to look for retirement homes in Johor. It was taken badly and became a raging fire. I probably was wearing my civil service hat on and not my political hat and spoke in practical terms. You know I made the same mistake as Howe Yoon Chong who was also an ex-Head of the Civil Service and it was also insensitive and again it was about the elderly. I have since learnt from that and now I tell Singaporeans what they would like to her"

"That does not seem right. Mr Lim Swee Suay said that his approach was say what he felt whether it was right or wrong."

"You know in the Cabinet we always laugh about the things that Lim Swee Suay says. He can get away with it as his audience are the dim witted workers who have no idea. Honestly would you join NTUC when you can clearly see people losing their jobs even before they reach 30. It was unheard of before the 80s. We are talking about graduates with good qualifications. You know as a cabinet we were surprised with the "upturn the downturn" rubbish but he still managed to hoodwink them and they still love him."

"Minister, what about the folding bike incident that became a fiasco"

"Look here, please do not hit below the belt. If you are not happy, you go your way and I go my way. We can settle this by opening table."

"Opening what table?. I am lost"

"How come you do not know about opening table"

"I am not familiar with Singapore that well. I joined SPH from Reuters Mumbai"

"Ok lah, the Bicycle was a misunderstanding. Anyway it has been settled and the staff was charged in court"

"I was told that the Ministry was notified all was not well but you and the rest gave assurance that everything was checked and it was Kosher. I also understand that someone using the internet unearthed hard evidence of manipulation of the tender process. Why is it that the first public outcry nothing was done but only the second outcry led to action"

"You know we have so many things on our plate and it is difficult to juggle so many things at one time. I tried my best. We are humans and we do make mistakes"

"I understand that you challenged the WP to commit Hara-kiri."

"I saw the Swee Suay getting away with it so I thought I try my luck"

"What did the PM tell you that last night that changed your mind?"

"He was quite understanding. He told me that it was pointless taking my life as there will be no impact. People will just carry on. He told me if I wanted to go, at least go with a bang and people will notice. Then I remembered the Brussels bombing and I realised what he was saying. Great man don't you think.?"

"Is it possible that he might be saying something else?"

"No lah, what else do you think that the bang refers to and he is absolutely right, the impact will be powerful? Now you know why he is the PM - very clear instructions and very concise."

"One last question Minister is I may? There is speculation that you were undecided between hara-kiri and kamikaze approach. Could you explain."

"After I tied that rising star bandana, I felt a spiritual pull towards flying out of the window. I immediately grabbed the sword and I could sense opposing forces at work. I think it could the wrong type of bandana. I bought the bandana and sword at Bugis street during lunch time and I am not sure if they are the relating."

"Thanks Minister for your time and I hope you get well. By the way on a personal level would like to thank the PAP for allowing people like me to have the opportunity to work and contribute to Singapore."

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Knn now then I realised satire.

Good one TS.

I remember the time Thread Starter posted a Wiki Cable leak about old man meeting his British counterpart and getting laughed at for wearing sports shoes or something. It was hilarious. You know, it sounded so authentic I'm very sure some goons at MHA were recalled back on a SUNDAY morning to check the veracity of that alleged Wiki Cable leak! Would have loved to see the looks on their faces as they scurried for their lives to find out if what the Brits said about LKY was true! LOL!!!!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember the time Thread Starter posted a Wiki Cable leak about old man meeting his British counterpart and getting laughed at for wearing sports shoes or something. It was hilarious. You know, it sounded so authentic I'm very sure some goons at MHA were recalled back on a SUNDAY morning to check the veracity of that alleged Wiki Cable leak! Would have loved to see the looks on their faces as they scurried for their lives to find out if what the Brits said about LKY was true! LOL!!!!

that's why he is on the number 1 'wanted list' in MHA. things cooled when TCH took over from Shan. now that Shan is back, he will be hunted down! once done, the spotlight will be on the dynamic trio who poses a great threat to the Establishment with all their contributions in this forum.

Leongsam
CEO
SBF