• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Reits good?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this guy knows all about sg reits.multimillionaire portfolio from a peasant background.160k passive income a year.

right now sg's future is uncertain,so tread carefully.

http://singaporeanstocksinvestor.blogspot.sg/

A reader posted on 21 Feb 2016 that this investor is a dud. Follow his calls at your own risk.

"AK,

"Straight to the point. I am very disappointed in you.

"I have been following your blog for more than a year and followed some of your calls, most of them bad. Now you go MIA.

"You say you have other things to do but how can you forget your followers? I am sure I am not the only one who is suffering big losses.

"I have a few friends who are also following your blog and one of them say not to waste time to write to you. He has stopped following your blog... He say you gone into hiding because of losses.

"AK, you are not just any blogger, you are influential and, so, must be more responsible."

http://singaporeanstocksinvestor.blogspot.sg/2016/02/reader-is-disappointed-and-ak-tries-to.html

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A reader posted on 21 Feb 2016 that this investor is a dud. Follow his calls at your own risk.

that guy is a clueless moron,he thinks investing is blindly copying what somebody else's is doing without understanding anything about the stock market at all or how to valuate a company and then bitching about his shares falling and losing money when the stock market tanks which is what the entire sg stock market is doing right now...bleeding heavily.hes the typical taxi uncle,CPF auntie investor.

dude pls dont read like 5 percent of a post and then shoot ur mouth off without knowing or understanding what the context is or what is going on.this guy build a multi million dollar networth investing for 20 years earning only 5k to 7k income while paying off an entire condo and six hundred k in his CPF,while u are on here talking rubbish all day with ur imaginary elite PAP job and imaginary sons in RI and NUS.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I had invested only in Spore I would be in big trouble now. Back when I 1st started investing I was a newbie. So I decided to invest in 3 markets: Spore, US & Malaysia.

After a few years I noticed that I was making more $ in the US market & a little bit in the Malaysia market. So I cut my loses & abandoned the Spore market.

It's cheaper to buy & hold shares in the US market. They also have a wider range of investment instruments e.g. options, ETFs, .... In Spore they have all kinds of silly rules & costs that make it difficult to make money.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
that guy is a clueless moron,he thinks investing is blindly copying what somebody else's is doing without understanding anything about the stock market at all or how to valuate a company and then bitching about his shares falling and losing money when the stock market tanks which is what the entire sg stock market is doing right now...bleeding heavily.hes the typical taxi uncle,CPF auntie investor.

dude pls dont read like 5 percent of a post and then shoot ur mouth off without knowing or understanding what the context is or what is going on.this guy build a multi million dollar networth investing for 20 years earning only 5k to 7k income while paying off an entire condo and six hundred k in his CPF,while u are on here talking rubbish all day with ur imaginary elite PAP job and imaginary sons in RI and NUS.

This investment guru sounds like a quack. Is that why he goes around wearing a mask all the time? Or he's Batman?

If this guy is as talented as you claim, he shouldn't only be earning $5-7k per month for the past twenty years. He should have been promoted to some high-flying director or started his own business by now. I hope you did not lose your shirt following his advice.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always wondered, and still wondering, why all these investments gurus, Trainers of courses for attendees to be millionaires, etc, etc, cared to give advises, conduct railings to teach others their secrets....

Why would these people waste their time and efforts to share their secrets and not make all the money for themselves. If it is such a good tip or secret, and if $ is issue, then they can borrow from children, parents, banks, ah longs, etc and win that opportunity.

Till now I still cannot figure out why these people share their secrets. Either is their good heart to help others, or is just a scam since their lost $ or bought that stock and now looking for suckers to prop it up?

Anyone knows why they do what they doing? Till convinced, I remain sceptical to snake oil sellers.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I always wondered, and still wondering, why all these investments gurus, Trainers of courses for attendees to be millionaires, etc, etc, cared to give advises, conduct railings to teach others their secrets....

Why would these people waste their time and efforts to share their secrets and not make all the money for themselves. If it is such a good tip or secret, and if $ is issue, then they can borrow from children, parents, banks, ah longs, etc and win that opportunity.

Till now I still cannot figure out why these people share their secrets. Either is their good heart to help others, or is just a scam since their lost $ or bought that stock and now looking for suckers to prop it up?

Anyone knows why they do what they doing? Till convinced, I remain sceptical to snake oil sellers.

I also wonder why fortune teller need to earn money reading other people fortune.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem for small time investors in Spore is that the PAP gov't actively interferes with the market place.

Who can forget the "illegal" CLOB market for Malaysian shares. When it was forced to close by the Malaysian gov't many Sporeans were left with losses.

If you have a local broker you'll notice that many of what used to be free are no longer free.
Some of the US discount brokers are closing their Spore office & giving up their clients who have a Spore address:(

With such an environment it is not surprising that we do not have any successful investors like Warren Buffet. We only have "buy high & sell low" Ho Ching :rolleyes:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This investment guru sounds like a quack. Is that why he goes around wearing a mask all the time? Or he's Batman?

If this guy is as talented as you claim, he shouldn't only be earning $5-7k per month for the past twenty years. He should have been promoted to some high-flying director or started his own business by now. I hope you did not lose your shirt following his advice.

he only earn 5 to 7k and thats from working TWO jobs,and saving frugally for the past twenty years(this guy is the most frugal man on earth,even as a millionaire hes favourite food is stir fried tofu and all the weird chinese home cooked dishes),thats to show even as a peasant u can save and invest and build a multi million dollar nest egg,

he wears a mask because he doesnt want to be recognised in public and hes only given a talk as a seminar once with his identity hidden,

his entire investing philosophy is detailed over hundreds of posts on his blog for free,theres no need for u to buy his book(its free)theres nothing for him to gain from you except your feedback and posts and tons of valuable contributors over the years.

all his investments and reit holdings from 2012 to 2014 and all the dividends he collected,u can see it all on his blogs,he has posted his cpf stubs of over $600,000 up from a previous posting of 400k and cpf interests of 20k per year.

his shareholdings are so big that even sg companies and reits invite him to go on tours of their facilities and upcoming projects.

anyway dont be stupid,im not going to follow and do what his doing or all the other bloggers that im following,they all have different styles and approaches but are very very good at what they do........i can only invest in what im comfortable with and understand but there is still a mountain of knowledge and info u can learn from these veterans......

another good investment blogger is this guy.his fundamental analysis and valuation of singapore companies are fantastic and complete.man i tell u to make money even millions from investing is nothing,hundreds of ways to do it,can even do it the lazy portfolio or the bogle head way,all it takes is time and discipline,but to have the skills and knowledge and talent like this guy i wish i could be like him.

http://foreverfinancialfreedom.blogspot.sg/

Last edited:

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
he only earn 5 to 7k and thats from working TWO jobs,and saving frugally for the past twenty years(this guy is the most frugal man on earth,even as a millionaire hes favourite food is stir fried tofu and all the weird chinese home cooked dishes),thats to show even as a peasant u can save and invest and build a multi million dollar nest egg,

he wears a mask because he doesnt want to be recognised in public and hes only given a talk as a seminar once with his identity hidden,

his entire investing philosophy is detailed over hundreds of posts on his blog for free,theres no need for u to buy his book(its free)theres nothing for him to gain from you except your feedback and posts and tons of valuable contributors over the years.

all his investments and reit holdings from 2012 to 2014 and all the dividends he collected,u can see it all on his blogs,he has posted his cpf stubs of over $600,000 up from a previous posting of 400k and cpf interests of 20k per year.

his shareholdings are so big that even sg companies and reits invite him to go on tours of their facilities and upcoming projects.

anyway dont be stupid,im not going to follow and do what his doing or all the other bloggers that im following,they all have different styles and approaches but are very very good at what they do........i can only invest in what im comfortable with and understand but there is still a mountain of knowledge and info u can learn from these veterans......

another good investment blogger is this guy.his fundamental analysis and valuation of singapore companies are fantastic and complete.man i tell u to make money even millions from investing is nothing,hundreds of ways to do it,can even do it the lazy portfolio or the bogle head way,all it takes is time and discipline,but to have the skills and knowledge and talent like this guy i wish i could be like him.

http://foreverfinancialfreedom.blogspot.sg/

not easy in investment la
i invest 550k and still losing. all hard earned money.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prefer to invest in properties, collecting monthly rentals is way better than collecting dividends for passive income. My property investments did much better and also safer than my stocks, and the rental yield is very good as my properties are all paid up. The most important key to buying properties is the timing.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Prefer to invest in properties, collecting monthly rentals is way better than collecting dividends for passive income. My property investments did much better and also safer than my stocks, and the rental yield is very good as my properties are all paid up. The most important key to buying properties is the timing.

Property has been the traditional way to invest but not all of us have the $ to invest in property. Had a few colleagues who over extended themselves at the wrong time & ended up selling their properties at a lost.

With all sorts of characters now coming to Spore, it is also more difficult to rent out.