• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Richard Dawkins has suffered a stroe

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
richard-dawkins.jpg

Richard Dawkins has been forced to cancel appearances in Australia and New Zealand after suffering a minor stroke.

The controversial atheist writer, 74, fell ill at the weekend before he was due to appear at the Sydney Opera House. His stroke was described as minor and he is expected to make a “full or near full” recovery.

The House said in a statement: “On Saturday night Richard suffered a minor stroke, however, he is expected in time to make a full or near full recovery. He is already at home recuperating.

“This, unfortunately, means Richard will be unable to make his planned Australian and New Zealand tour.

“He is very disappointed that he is unable to do so but looks forward to renewing his plans in the not too distant future.”

A spokesperson for Dawkins could not provide any further details on his recovery, telling The Independent: “I think we would have to leave it at that. He has had to call off the tour to Australia and New Zealand and other engagements that he's got are being handled on an individual basis.”

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Davis Koh Han Rong aka zerooo, what you mean stroe. This engrish or your stupid lingo again ?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I won't be surprised if this atheist prayed to Jesus while he was suffering from stroke, hoping he would pull through. The bloke will deny it as usual.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is 74 yo already. What do you expect? He is near his end of lifespan. Too bad there aren't many of his kind. Too many religious retards living.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This is what happens when you say nasty things about Jesus. Serves him right.

He needs to believe in the Lord and seek blessings from Rev Sun Ho. He will then come right very quickly.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is what happens when you say nasty things about Jesus. Serves him right.

He needs to believe in the Lord and seek blessings from Rev Sun Ho. He will then come right very quickly.

This is what happen when you have shit for brain.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sickness and death come to all man regardless if he is a Christian or not.

But for those who believe in God , there is the hope of life with God after death.

I know it is hard to prove this, but when the historicity of Jesus Christ, the existence of the Church and the Bible are all proven for all times, there is that assurance of faith in the things said in the Bible about what come after death. Certainly if you believe that, you would believe that there is a God.

Ps 14 : 1

Last edited:

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Angmos have been there and came back. So it must be true. Some people thinks its just like sleeping that is not true because you are still alive when you are sleeping.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Charisma News

Debate Rages Over Praying for Atheist Richard Dawkins After Stroke
2/12/2016
Jessilyn Justice

Should we pray for Richard Dawkins after his stroke?
Should we pray for Richard Dawkins after his stroke? (Facebook)
Join us on our podcast each weekday for an interesting story, well told, from Charisma News. Listen at charismapodcastnetwork.com.

Famed atheist Richard Dawkins suffered a recent stroke, forcing him to postpone his tours to Australia and New Zealand.

His health crisis rapidly developed into a Twitter debate on if Christians should pray for his recovery.

Huffington Post blogger Kashif N Chaudhry tweeted: "Praying for @RichardDawkins' quick recovery after having suffered a minor stroke in the UK ahead of his Aus/NZ tour."

But non-Christians promoted "well wishes" and "hopes for recovery" over prayer.

One person tweeted: @RichardDawkins I read you weren't well. I hope you have a speedy recovery. Don't worry, I won't pray for you."

Another tweeted: "@RichardDawkins The "other side" might not be praying for you, but scientists, skeptics, and serious people are rooting for you! Get well!"

But Christians refused to bow to online pressure to not pray for the atheist.

One person tweeted: @JohnAntonakis @RichardDawkins 'The "other side" is praying actually. We don't follow a "for friends only" school of thought. Get well soon."

Where do you stand? Sound off on if we should pray for Richard Dawkins.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Fucking retard still believe in fairy tales.... Sad....

You have just hurt the feelings over 2 billion Christians of various denominations, from Catholic to Greek Orthodox. Please apologize and repent by fasting for 40 days and 40 nights.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
me John Tan and harimau will be going down to the hospital and performing a trio and singing this song for richard fawkins.

[video=youtube;Dq6YmSVAOG8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq6YmSVAOG8[/video]