• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I am retiring

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore actress Rebecca Lim made an announcement this morning (Feb 12) that shocked many of her fans and followers -- she's retiring.

rebmain2.jpg

She said on her Facebook:

"Hi everyone. I've decided to do something that will change my life.

"I have been thinking about it for a while now as I know it has to be done.

"Yes, I am retiring."

Not much is known about her reasons yet, but Rebecca adds:

"I know you may have questions for me and I will answer them real soon.

"Meanwhile, be happy for me."

This piece of news is especially shocking since Rebecca Lim is in her prime at age 29. At the Star Awards in 2015, she won the coveted Best Actress award for her role in Yes! We Can.

According to The Straits Times, at the previous awards show in 2014, she had won the Best Supporting Actress award for the blockbuster drama The Dream Makers.

Since 2012, she has also been named among the Top 10 Most Popular Female Artistes.

At the upcoming Star Awards to be held in April, she is nominated for Best Actress for her romantic comedy Sealed With A Kiss.

A versatile bilingual star, she is also an award-winning actress in Channel 5's English-language programmes. At the 2010 Asian Television Awards, she won Best Actress for her role as a rookie legal eagle in The Pupil.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Isn't she beautiful ?

Now, is it Sam ... the sugar daddy ?

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
good to know some sinkies wake up early and realise they are mediocre and decide to move on with their lives rather than cling on for decades until they become a household accepted mummified relic.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Isn't she beautiful ?

Now, is it Sam ... the sugar daddy ?

Another sexist loser to slander a woman a prostitute just becos she announced her early retirement. A low life who can't win by proper decorum and so insult people.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The TRUTH is out ... it was not Sam. It was a publicity stunt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contrary to what an Instagram post of hers implied, she is not retiring from show business.

The 29-year-old star clarified in a conference call at about 8.20pm on Friday night (Feb 12) that her Instagram post earlier that day was part of a collaboration with insurance company NTUC Income.

Rebecca Lim :

I would like to thank everyone for their well wishes. My career is no where near over. But the truth is, we never know when our careers will end - for one reason or another. I'd like to encourage my fellow young professionals to plan for the future - the eventualities that we might never had been prepared for.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I have sent my flowers of well wishes to her ... so glad to know she is staying.

sweet.jpg

Last edited:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans from all walks of life, who can recognise a botched job when they see one, have come out to heartily congratulate ex-actress Rebecca Lim on her retirement from showbiz as they view her career as effectively over with immediate effect.
This after Lim came out to explain that her first announcement about her retirement from acting was actually not true as it is an advertising campaign for NTUC Income, where she signed up for a retirement plan and urged people to do the same.
This then caused Singaporeans to react positively.
One Singaporean, Pian Lang Eh, said he wished Lim all the best: “Good luck, Rebecca Lim. Your career is officially over in the eyes of ordinary Singaporeans as you have set fire to all the goodwill you’ve cultivated the last few years.”
“We thought that you were the only sensible artiste left in Mediacorp who valued authenticity over a few thousand dollars.”
“Guess everyone in Mediacorp values a few thousand dollars more.”
“There was no way anyone could have survived this, not even Zoe Tay.”

Unquote

Everyone cheers when an artiste announces her retirement from MediaCorpse.