• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CNY Japs gave Tsunami Ghost Stories

think_lees

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2016...ghost-passengers-in-tsunami-ravaged-area.html

Taxi drivers in Japan report 'ghost passengers' in tsunami-ravaged area
Published February 06, 2016
FoxNews.com
Facebook

Twitter

livefyre
Email

File photo - Taxis are parked as drivers wait for customers on a road in Tokyo Aug. 3, 2009. (REUTERS/Stringer)
A number of taxi drivers have reported seeing ‘ghost passengers’ in Ishinomaki in Japan’s Miyagi Prefecture, an area that was devastated by the 2011 earthquake and tsunami.

ADVERTISEMENT
Asahi Shimbun reports that Yuka Kudo, a senior at Tohoku Gakuin University majoring in sociology, interviewed more than 100 taxi drivers in Ishinomaki for her graduation thesis. Kudo asked the drivers whether they had any unusual experiences after the March 2011 disaster.

Related: Scientists solve 50-year-old mystery of Alaska tsunami

While many of the drivers ignored her or became angry, seven told the student about their strange experiences in the aftermath of the tsunami.

One driver, in his 50s, related a story about a woman who got into his cab near Ishinomaki Station. The woman told him to take her to the Minamihama district.* The driver then asked her “The area is almost empty. Is it OK?” The woman replied, in a shivering voice, “Have I died?”

Related: New Mexico police catch a 'ghost' on camera

When the driver looked back at his rear seat, no-one was there, according to the research.

Another driver, who was in his 40s, related how a man, apparently in his 20s, got into his cab and pointed toward the front. When the driver repeatedly asked the man for his destination, he replied “Hiyoriyama" (mountain). However, when the taxi arrived at the destination, the man had disappeared.

Related: The ‘Ghost Fleet of Mallows Bay’ in pictures

The seven drivers all started their meters for the “phantom journeys” according to the report. One driver showed Kudo his driver’s report, which noted an unpaid fare.

The magnitude 9.0 earthquake off the coast of Japan triggered massive tsunami waves, devastating parts of the country. More than 18,000 people lost their lives in the disaster.

Psychiatrists have identified “grief hallucinations” as a reaction to bereavement. A study published in 2007 by Agneta Grimby, a researcher at the University of Gothenburg in Sweden, surveyed 14 men and 36 women during the first year after the death of a spouse. Post-bereavement hallucinations or illusions were very frequent and even “considered helpful,” according to the research.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Departed souls due to natural disasters have no peace. They are not up in heaven. Kena trapped between the dimensions.

LKY already in heaven. You won't find his ghost in Singapore.

Except for him. He is still keeping LKY ghost legacy.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Departed souls due to natural disasters have no peace. They are not up in heaven. Kena trapped between the dimensions.

LKY already in heaven. You won't find his ghost in Singapore.

Except for him. He is still keeping LKY ghost legacy.

These poor spirits are stuck in the 3 realm of existence. Some called this the 'hungry ghost' realm.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
These poor spirits are stuck in the 3 realm of existence. Some called this the 'hungry ghost' realm.

Next time when you see such ghosts pray for them ask them to let go.

Only when you let go, you can set yourself free.

Last edited:

botakboon

Alfrescian
Loyal
My own experience as ex-cabby:

I took a female pax few year ago from town to Yio Chu Kang area private house, can not remember exactly where any more. She paid me cash. Then disappeared from my cab as I opened my wallet. I looked around she already inside house gate! Super fast!

I did not see nor hear my cab door open / close nor her gate open / close!

It was 2 or 3 am, I am sure it was not me falling asleep, was fully alert. Very scary so I hurry fled.

JI_Fled

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Malay cabby once gave me his Disappeared Passenger story and asked my opinion as a Chinese to weather it was ghost in my view. I said it wasn't likely as it happened under broard daylight. Any way here is it.

Cabby picked 2 Thai speaking women from Changi Airport, he is sure they were humans, but question lies on the 3rd passenger who was about 12 years old boy, apparently following the 2 Thai women - seemingly just without their knowledge at all.

Cabby said he saw the boy at airport pale and felt something quite strange or abnormal about him, boy walked in font of 2 women, reached cab before women. He looked at cabby without speaking, but gesture like asking to be allowed into hiscab for a ride. Cabby assumed boy to be child of one of the Thai women, so he let the kid into the seat, andthen helped to load luggage.

According to cabby, 2 Thai women talked all the way to some HDB estate. Boy wa absolutely quite. Women also did not talk to the boy. However cabby was quite sure that he drove 3 passengers.

The shock came as they alighted, there was no boy at all! Just the 2 women and luggage in trunk. Cabby looked in cab and the opened carpark of HDB. NO BOY!

He was puzzled, and he saw the 2 women dragging luggage went up the steps, NO BOY also.

Cabby's questions includeed weather in Chinese view can a ghost be following persons in day time, in shaded places, and then vanished under direct sunlight places. The airport and taxi was shaded from direct sunlight, but the open carpar was directly under the sun.

I was unable to tell him any answer.

His own explanation was one of the Thai women had a ghost child silently following her, and she had no idea. But the boy ghost needed permission to enter his cab becausr he had some religious items inside the cab protecting unauthorized entries. I didn't make out nor understand what were his protection items.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
My own experience as ex-cabby:

I took a female pax few year ago from town to Yio Chu Kang area private house, can not remember exactly where any more. She paid me cash. Then disappeared from my cab as I opened my wallet. I looked around she already inside house gate! Super fast!

I did not see nor hear my cab door open / close nor her gate open / close!

It was 2 or 3 am, I am sure it was not me falling asleep, was fully alert. Very scary so I hurry fled.

Most important question to ask is.

Is the cash she paid real money?

Or sioh kim zhua?

botakboon

Alfrescian
Loyal
As far as I remember there wasn't any issue with payment.

Just how without any opening and closing car door and gate did she just vanished from my cab and got inside?

David Copperfield? Ninja? Or ghost?

All I could do was to get on my own way ASAP, and try to recall details to find clue on my way out of there. But no answer still.

A mystery experience forever.

Most important question to ask is.

Is the cash she paid real money?

Or sioh kim zhua?

csjcsjcsj

Alfrescian
Loyal
I say the Japanese taxi drivers were getting illusions from drug-influenced driving.

Yes, a big proportion of Japanese taxi drivers are Ex-Yakusz bad-ass gangsters, they have lots of tattoos and many drives with white gloves because they had some fingers chopped off by Samurai Swords as part of Yakuza businesses.

When they got released from prison the Japanese government always offer them a taxi license and persuade them to stay away from Yakuza businesses, and earn more honest livings. Most of them are living in both worlds, lingering between organized crime syndicates and taxi jobs. They enjoy some kind of veteran status or seniority within Yakuza like semi-retired or SAF Reservists, regarded as Old-Birds so called.

They can not only tell you ghost stories, they can tell you blood stories of Samurai Swords and guns as well. SG Taxi uncles, can not fight these guys.

http://kotaku.com/5976001/see-yakuza-5s-street-brawling-taxi-driving-and-drum-playing-in-action

See Yakuza 5’s Street Brawling, Taxi Driving, and Drum Playing in Action
Richard Eisenbeis
1/15/13 6:00amFiled to: Yakuza 5

After four main games and two spin-offs, you probably have a pretty good idea of what to expect from Yakuza 5: weapon-filled brawling action across Japan's major metropolitan areas. While brutal and cinematic, the brawling aspect is only the smallest part of what you can do in Yakuza 5.

Many side activities return from past games such as the series' infamous hostess clubs. And new activities include hitting up a local Sega arcade for some Taiko Drum Master or Virtua Fighter 2, tweeting about the strange events you see on the streets between story missions, or running around with a ramen cart. You can even take a break from the cityscape to go hunting.

But perhaps the oddest new gameplay aspect comes from Kiryu's new job as a taxi driver. You can either take random passengers from place to place in a mini-game where you are judged by how smooth the ride is and how well you follow traffic laws—making it pretty much the polar opposite of Crazy Taxi—or perform street races in your taxi cab.

Advertisement

To see how Yakuza 5 looks in action, check out the video above.

Yakuza 5 was released in Japan on December 6, 2012, for the PlayStation 3. There is currently no word on a Western release.

Japan's Virtual Mafia Bad-Ass Reduced To Pulling A Ramen Cart

Kazuma Kiryu. The "Dragon of Dojima" and one of the main protagonists of the Yakuza…

https://nintendo-okie.com/2015/12/14/life-of-a-taxi-driver-yakuza-5/

Life of a Taxi Driver – Yakuza 5
December 14, 2015 Jason Rivera Leave a comment

Yakuza 5 Cast

yakuza-5-cast.jpg

In the Fukuoka Prefecture of Japan lies the lesser-known city of Nagasugai. One of the big allures of Nagasugai is that people are allowed to actually drive in town. Lucky for you, you’ve got your license in order and are employed by a local taxi company. You may only have six months of training but, being ex-yakuza, you know how to follow the rules. Do not go past the speed limit, stop at all stop signs and – for the love of all – be on the lookout for pedestrians! Seriously, they’re like deer. They’ll stand at crosswalks and wait until you’re just about to pass through before making their move. And when you see one pedestrian mow through a crosswalk you should be prepared to stop because there’s bound to be more that follow. I recommend driving around with your high beams at night so you can have a bit more time to react when pedestrians dart across the road. And don’t try to give the police officers the excuse that the pedestrian hit you because no matter what it will ALWAYS be YOUR fault.

yakuz-boy.jpg

You need a taxi sir?
あなたはタクシーを必要ですか?
yakuza_tattoos.jpg

Last edited:

sand_ban

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just how without any opening and closing car door and gate did she just vanished from my cab and got inside?

All I could do was to get on my own way ASAP, and try to recall details to find clue on my way out of there. But no answer still.

I am very sure not Ninja, she floated through car and gate.

Friend of my a cleaning contractor who employs senior citizens, told me his ghost employee story, said that when people did not burnt hell notes for those in need they had actually worked for money needed. He had an unhealthy looking old aunty who work slightly shorter than a month, stopped turning up for work not contactable. He employed replacement for that job. Only when he tried to pay CPF was shocked to be told that CPF account holder already past away about a year! He thought NRIC number mistaken, checked his handphone, the photo taken of her NRIC at interview show punched hole meaning dead person! But his partner argued not ghost but illegal immigrant using a lost and found NRIC for hit and run employment.

He showed me picture of NRIC. I am inclined to believe she was ghost because she worked the 7th month roughly.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the latter part of the article as reported by asahi shimbun.

http://ajw.asahi.com/article/0311disaster/life_and_death/AJ201601210001

'As the "ghosts" the drivers encountered were all youthful, it is believed they could be the spirits of victims of the 2011 disaster.

“Young people feel strongly chagrined (at their deaths) when they cannot meet people they love. As they want to convey their bitterness, they may have chosen taxis, which are like private rooms, as a medium to do so,” Kudo said.

What impressed Kudo was that the drivers did not have any fear toward their ghost passengers, but held them in reverence. They regarded the encounters as important experiences to be cherished.

The taxi drivers were feeling the daily sorrow of residents in Ishinomaki where many people were killed by the tsunami. One said that he lost a family member in the disaster.

Another said, “It is not strange to see a ghost (here). If I encounter a ghost again, I will accept it as my passenger.”

Kudo came from Akita Prefecture, which was not struck by the tsunami. Before interviewing taxi drivers, she had only thought of the victims as “thousands of people” who had died in the disaster.

“(Through the interviews,) I learned that the death of each victim carries importance,” she said. “I want to convey that (to other people).”'

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You better check the money if it is still in your wallet...it might have "lee kuan yew" face instead of Ishak....that is worth a few millions in exchange rate...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am very sure not Ninja, she floated through car and gate.

Friend of my a cleaning contractor who employs senior citizens, told me his ghost employee story, said that when people did not burnt hell notes for those in need they had actually worked for money needed. He had an unhealthy looking old aunty who work slightly shorter than a month, stopped turning up for work not contactable. He employed replacement for that job. Only when he tried to pay CPF was shocked to be told that CPF account holder already past away about a year! He thought NRIC number mistaken, checked his handphone, the photo taken of her NRIC at interview show punched hole meaning dead person! But his partner argued not ghost but illegal immigrant using a lost and found NRIC for hit and run employment.

He showed me picture of NRIC. I am inclined to believe she was ghost because she worked the 7th month roughly.

That person must be a numbskull...you show me any legal documents, Passport, ID etc..with punch holes on them...I will refuse to accept...must be the every believer as in 70%....

sand_ban

Alfrescian
Loyal
That person must be a numbskull...you show me any legal documents, Passport, ID etc..with punch holes on them...I will refuse to accept...must be the every believer as in 70%....

From the way I was told this, he implied that no hole on NRIC was noticed by him during interview, can ghost trick human eyes temporarily to conceal hole on NRIC?

sand_ban

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Malay cabby once gave me his Disappeared Passenger story and asked my opinion as a Chinese to weather it was ghost in my view. I said it wasn't likely as it happened under broard daylight. Any way here is it.

Cabby picked 2 Thai speaking women from Changi Airport, he is sure they were humans, but question lies on the 3rd passenger who was about 12 years old boy, apparently following the 2 Thai women - seemingly just without their knowledge at all.

Cabby said he saw the boy at airport pale and felt something quite strange or abnormal about him, boy walked in font of 2 women, reached cab before women. He looked at cabby without speaking, but gesture like asking to be allowed into hiscab for a ride. Cabby assumed boy to be child of one of the Thai women, so he let the kid into the seat, andthen helped to load luggage.

According to cabby, 2 Thai women talked all the way to some HDB estate. Boy wa absolutely quite. Women also did not talk to the boy. However cabby was quite sure that he drove 3 passengers.

The shock came as they alighted, there was no boy at all! Just the 2 women and luggage in trunk. Cabby looked in cab and the opened carpark of HDB. NO BOY!

He was puzzled, and he saw the 2 women dragging luggage went up the steps, NO BOY also.

Cabby's questions includeed weather in Chinese view can a ghost be following persons in day time, in shaded places, and then vanished under direct sunlight places. The airport and taxi was shaded from direct sunlight, but the open carpar was directly under the sun.

I was unable to tell him any answer.

His own explanation was one of the Thai women had a ghost child silently following her, and she had no idea. But the boy ghost needed permission to enter his cab becausr he had some religious items inside the cab protecting unauthorized entries. I didn't make out nor understand what were his protection items.

Accordingly, Thailand people kept souls of little ghosts like pets, could be that?