• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Unleaded petrol cost 99 cents in australia

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U think OZland has cuisine? u got to be kidding me....

u must be joking right?australia has money,the whole world wants to go down to australia to open restaurants.u think the russians,pakis,germans,italians,french,japs,koreans,mexicans,belgiums want to come down to our hawker centers and open cuisines?u think the restaurants in our shopping centers are legit?ding tai feng?monster curry?ramen?all cooked by PRCs and pinoys and malaysians.iv seen pastries and breads from Mediterranean and europe and middle east u wouldnt believe......pls dumb peasants go back to ur laksa and curry chicken and wanton mee.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
malaysia unleaded is rm1.75.

truly singaporeans are farked upside down.

If Singapore is as bad as you make it out to be why did the government receive an overwhelming endorsement of its policies in the last election?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If Singapore is as bad as you make it out to be why did the government receive an overwhelming endorsement of its policies in the last election?

that is because sinkies are balless. before election, turn out at oppo. rally, talk dragon spit fire...at the end of the day, guai guai go vote for PAP.:oIo:

koala88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who profit..?? Who takes the money...??

PAP..rite..?

If they can raise 2 ERP for one stretch of road to collect more money in Chinatown many years back, they can do
anything to squeeze us to make their numbers look good. rite..??

They are making life more unbearable for the lower income ..

My malay friend has to borrow money to pay $8000 for a motor-cycle COE..It was $1 many many years back.

The billions they collected is quietly stashed away and kept away from public glare.

In Australia, $8000 can buy a good 8/9 years old secondhand car.

Those billions? Pay their million $$ salary and for Ho Jinz to squander. 70% agree with that.

Lots of sadomasochistic people in SG :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
you'll be surprised many new cars run on 89. it's regarded as unleaded "plus" in u.s.

previously when cars rely on carburetors to regulate gas flow, "knocking" is a problem with lower octane or ron. cars these days use very improved fuel injection methods and sophisticated software to sync precise quantity, injection and sparking thus resulting in optimal efficient use of fuel with "knocking" practically being knocked off consideration. for most new cars, the fuel need not be higher than 89 octane anymore. for some high performance cars, 93 ron will give you an edge when you're racing on a private track, but not necessary for commute or day to day driving. 91 ron is adequate for a hp car.

Exactly my point any way my car is good to go with RON 69 . . . . oops!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i dunno the reason why but i can bet u LHL was laughing his ass off like Najib when he was "acquitted" of bribery and corruption.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I remember SHELL came up with "XO" grade fuel in Singapore a couple of decades ago. It was an instant winner.

Motorists used it as a status symbol.... it was like ordering Hennessy XO at the KTV joint.

SHELL laughed all the way to the bank.

How you think they could give each one of us including retirees a 20g gold coin to celebrate centenary?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oh yes..the grass is greener on the other side

Bro, have lah.... There are so many degustation offers...

money only what... and EFFORT to dig it out.

Try Hunter Valley the next time you are in NSW.

Melbourne is also another place. Don't just hide in Perth and @#!X!&()

yum seng!!
干杯
Bon Appetit &
Cheerz!!

WhatsApp

Alfrescian
Loyal
When an engine is designed for a certain minimum octane it means the engine will not ping, or combust uncontrollably inside the cylinders causing damage to the engine. Using any higher octane doesn't help any further so don't waste money. However premium gasolines may contain additives like that keep the carburetor and rest of the fuel system cleaner and this the manufacturer do not disclose.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
just a while ago, i passed by shell and saw that the price of unleaded petrol is 95 cents.:o

I just pumped again tonight, the price remains SGD 1.88 per litre for RON 95 petrol. PAP and the petrol cartel in Sinkieland make huge profits from Sinkies in exorbitant petrol prices.

PAP don't need to levy high income tax on commoners, Sinkies are already heavily taxed from other forms of taxes. Sinkieland have the highest taxes on properties, construction, vehicles, petrol, road tax, alcohol and tobacco in the world.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When an engine is designed for a certain minimum octane it means the engine will not ping, or combust uncontrollably inside the cylinders causing damage to the engine. Using any higher octane doesn't help any further so don't waste money. However premium gasolines may contain additives like that keep the carburetor and rest of the fuel system cleaner and this the manufacturer do not disclose.

cars with carburetors these days in the u.s. are only customized for nascar racing. no new cars for general consumers are built with carburetors anymore. engine cleaning additives are present in all ron grades except for the cheapest at 87 and below.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is before tax. But does it really matters?

We are talking about petrol and car here.

The cost of getting a car on the road in SG is about [roughly] 3 times that of the same car in Australia. So the case of before or after tax is a moot point as the cost differential of the car could pay your tax for "more good years". No pun intended.

Needless to say the running cost of the car in SG is also much higher than in Australia. In Australia, cars such as Honda and Mit come with 5 years warranty. Toyota and Nissan have 3 year + 3 years extended warranty. Hyundai & Kia have 7 years warranty. What do SG car dealer offer to new car customers? I am not sure now. Can somebody update me please?

Additionally, some brands provide 24/7 roadside assist package during the warranty period. Battery flat, flat tires, run out of fuel, lost key, towing charges and taxi fare home / hotel accommodation if you are far away from your home are typically covered. After the warranty period, one could get 24/7 roadside assist for about $99 per year. This is generally not offered for cars that are more than 10 years old.

More important, there is this program called life time cap price servicing so that your vehicle maintenance cost is determined upfront. No surprises.

What it means is that during the warranty period you do not have to worry any bit about your car repairs other than that regular servicing cost - which is capped and known upfront. Come the end of the warranty period, sell that car and buy a new car and you get another 5 to 7 years of car repair worry free.

For those who purchase a 2nd hand car from the brand dealers, they get assurance like 3 years warranty. Holden Australia provides such comfort for their certified used cars. Ditto for Hyundai's certified used cars.

Hey, I have not touch on the topic of road toll. SG ERP is truly world class expensive.

I have also not touched on the exorbitant road tax in SG too. Motor vehicle tax is about $180 for a medium car and $210 for a large car in New South Wales annually. Come to think of it, compare with SG, it is truly "more good years".

So does it matter whether it is before or after tax?

Come on, I am sure you are just as familiar with what I have written and likely to be more as I am a newbie in the land of the roos and koala. Cheers!

Car in singkieland is irrelevant to me. I take train n taxi..n take taxi in spore is cheaper tha oz..spore so small have car for wat? No point having a car when got no money n no job.

koala88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Car in singkieland is irrelevant to me. I take train n taxi..n take taxi in spore is cheaper tha oz..spore so small have car for wat? No point having a car when got no money n no job.

I agree with you. Singapore so small have car for what? That is when you are single. But when you have kids to send and fetch, elderly family to ferry for medical visit etc or your job requires you to go different places visiting clients / prospect, you would want to drive if you can afford.

Hey, if you got not money and no job you should not be taking taxi mate.

You should be taking buses and trains.

Here in NSW, taking buses and trains are really very cheap.

https://www.opal.com.au/en/about-opal/benefits-of-travelling-with-opal-card/

Some of the benefits:

Weekly Travel Reward*

The Opal card offers you a reward for frequent travel.

Take 8 paid journeys from Monday-Sunday with an Opal card and enjoy free travel for the rest of the week.

For me return trip to the city is $7. Do it 4 days - it will cost me $28. Then the rest of the week travel is FREE.

I can go Blue Mountain, whatever, so long as it is within NSW, it is FREE.

Sunday $2.50 Travel Cap*

Travel all day on Sunday with Opal for no more than $2.50. Travel as much as you want as an Opal customer and pay no more than $2.50 from 4:00am Sunday morning until 3:59am on Monday morning - you could even pay less than $2.50 with off-peak train fares!

Travel anywhere on the Opal enabled network for no more than $60 week*

Using your Opal card, you'll never pay more than $60 a week when travelling on all modes of Opal enabled transport from Monday to Sunday excluding the Sydney Airport Station Access Fee

Singapore got cheaper fare? Cheaper fare per km travelled? I wonder...

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U go see the prices for public transport in perth,,,not that cheap,,,drive car cheaper,,,,as I said,,grass is greener on the other side....the stupidity of singkies is they die die want a car in singkieland knowing full well it does nothing but make the pappies rich,,,and they happily surrender their hard earned cash to the pappies. ANd in singkieland take taxi cheaper than own a car,,,might as well take cab,,,let me ask,,,how much the instalment for 1 jap car? agar agar about 1K per month right? that does not factor in fuel, maintainance, erp, road tax and servicing and parking,,,u mean to tell me that one will spend more than 1k a month on taxi ? that is for weekend cheong and go to work and other work related stuff.

For those that need car to work,,,,etc, the company will cover those expenses,,,can go buy a diesel van etc,,,cheaper running cost,,,,got old parents,,take taxi,,,if too old,,they will stay home or nursing home,,wont be going out too much,,,

I agree with you. Singapore so small have car for what? That is when you are single. But when you have kids to send and fetch, elderly family to ferry for medical visit etc or your job requires you to go different places visiting clients / prospect, you would want to drive if you can afford.

Hey, if you got not money and no job you should not be taking taxi mate.

You should be taking buses and trains.

Here in NSW, taking buses and trains are really very cheap.

https://www.opal.com.au/en/about-opal/benefits-of-travelling-with-opal-card/

Some of the benefits:

Weekly Travel Reward*

The Opal card offers you a reward for frequent travel.

Take 8 paid journeys from Monday-Sunday with an Opal card and enjoy free travel for the rest of the week.

For me return trip to the city is $7. Do it 4 days - it will cost me $28. Then the rest of the week travel is FREE.

I can go Blue Mountain, whatever, so long as it is within NSW, it is FREE.

Sunday $2.50 Travel Cap*

Travel all day on Sunday with Opal for no more than $2.50. Travel as much as you want as an Opal customer and pay no more than $2.50 from 4:00am Sunday morning until 3:59am on Monday morning - you could even pay less than $2.50 with off-peak train fares!

Travel anywhere on the Opal enabled network for no more than $60 week*

Using your Opal card, you'll never pay more than $60 a week when travelling on all modes of Opal enabled transport from Monday to Sunday excluding the Sydney Airport Station Access Fee

Singapore got cheaper fare? Cheaper fare per km travelled? I wonder...

koala88

Alfrescian
Loyal
U go see the prices for public transport in perth,,,not that cheap,,,drive car cheaper,,,,as I said,,grass is greener on the other side....the stupidity of singkies is they die die want a car in singkieland knowing full well it does nothing but make the pappies rich,,,and they happily surrender their hard earned cash to the pappies. ANd in singkieland take taxi cheaper than own a car,,,might as well take cab,,,let me ask,,,how much the instalment for 1 jap car? agar agar about 1K per month right? that does not factor in fuel, maintainance, erp, road tax and servicing and parking,,,u mean to tell me that one will spend more than 1k a month on taxi ? that is for weekend cheong and go to work and other work related stuff.

For those that need car to work,,,,etc, the company will cover those expenses,,,can go buy a diesel van etc,,,cheaper running cost,,,,got old parents,,take taxi,,,if too old,,they will stay home or nursing home,,wont be going out too much,,,

Oh yes, agree with you about Sinkies die die wanna to own a car in Sinkieland. It has become a status symbol. Despite all the high cost and heavy hidden taxes, 70% happily agree with the govt that Sinkieland tax is very low. They happily forgot about the indirect taxes such as the COE and ERP.

The indirect tax is really killing. Domestic worker FWL is another indirect consumption tax. What the hell the MIW need to keep those FWL? Why not let the maids have the money when they complete their 2 years contract? It is afterall their presence and hard work that resulted in that money being levied. I am sure 90% of them will behave well and try their best to complete their 2 years without problem in order to get the money collected by MOM as FWL back.

Talking about parking in Sydney, it can be very reasonable in Sydney.

The trick is to book in advance. Sydney CBD weekend whole day parking can be as low as $10!! Google domain car park and secure parking. Moving out of the CBD to the suburb such as Surry Hills [near Hyde Park], you find plenty of 2 hours free parking. Move a little bit further, whole day free parking is available!!

Wishing you Happy New Year... may the year of monkey bring you good luck and fortune in your search for a new job!!