• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Unleaded petrol cost 99 cents in australia

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
higher octane cost 20c more per gallon.

I came from oil company we insiders all know that 98 octane is like fashion only higher end markets would wanna buy it as psychologically its "better" and its no much difference from 95 and 91 for daily traveling so you find this 98 rarely sold in other markets except Singapore and Hong Kong of course the oil companies make more margin.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One bowl of laksa in the food court is 15 bucks also

who the fuck travels 4000 miles across the ocean to eat gook food?only fucking retarded sinkies.u want laksa go to katong.i lived in melbourne for 5 months twice and i dont even know where the laksa is at or even bother to find out.theres streets full of fantastic restaurants all over melbourne and the only thing u think about is laksa?no fucking wonder its so easy to charge sinkies seven dollars for a bowl of curry chicken or laksa at toast box or the shopping mall.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow, the minimum wage in Australia is much higher than Ontario, Canada (about Cdn$11.00)

Edit (Feb 02, 2016, 1920 hours)
Minimum wage in Ontario is going up from $11 an hour to $11.25 an hour, effective Oct. 1. The minimum wage rate for liquor servers, homeworkers and students has also increased. The rate for liquor servers rose to $9.80 from $9.55 per hour, while the student rate increased from $10.30 to $10.55. Oct 1, 2015

Canadian wages..is it before b4 or after tax?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I came from oil company we insiders all know that 98 octane is like fashion only higher end markets would wanna buy it as psychologically its "better" and its no much difference from 95 and 91 for daily traveling so you find this 98 rarely sold in other markets except Singapore and Hong Kong of course the oil companies make more margin.

sinkies and hongkies are gullible consumers. they are easily psyched by marketing smoke and mirrors. in the u.s. the higher octane at typical gas stations is mostly up to 93. it's tough to find 95 but there are for euro high performance cars. if someone were to falsely promote octane 101 (or 102 ron in some cuntries for very high performance cars) or the elusive 111 which doesn't exist even in the private market, sinkies and hongkies would fall for it. it only proves how dumbfuck moronic sinkies and hongkies are, not to mention taiwankies and tiongkies who are just as gullible. it's an ugly chinkie trait to always up the ante when someone else has it better. :wink:

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok lah since its in gallon...but what sort of car run on 89? Must be damn old tech

you'll be surprised many new cars run on 89. it's regarded as unleaded "plus" in u.s.

previously when cars rely on carburetors to regulate gas flow, "knocking" is a problem with lower octane or ron. cars these days use very improved fuel injection methods and sophisticated software to sync precise quantity, injection and sparking thus resulting in optimal efficient use of fuel with "knocking" practically being knocked off consideration. for most new cars, the fuel need not be higher than 89 octane anymore. for some high performance cars, 93 ron will give you an edge when you're racing on a private track, but not necessary for commute or day to day driving. 91 ron is adequate for a hp car.

http://chemistry.about.com/od/chemistryarticles/a/which-gasoline-to-buy.htm

image.jpg

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

When a car handbook says that it it runs on 91 octane then that's all you need to prevent knocking.

Using 98 octane is not going to make the car go any faster or run any smoother.

It is next to impossible to find 98 octane in NZ. The population here are a lot smarter.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When a car handbook says that it it runs on 91 octane then that's all you need to prevent knocking.

Using 98 octane is not going to make the car go any faster or run any smoother.

It is next to impossible to find 98 octane in NZ. The population here are a lot smarter.

in fact, for engines that are not designed and programmed for the (much) higher octane fuel, excess fuel will get into the emission system and catalytic converter causing stress and trouble to the emission section.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
in fact, for engines that are not designed and programmed for the (much) higher octane fuel, excess fuel will get into the emission system and catalytic converter causing stress and trouble to the emission section.

I remember SHELL came up with "XO" grade fuel in Singapore a couple of decades ago. It was an instant winner.

Motorists used it as a status symbol.... it was like ordering Hennessy XO at the KTV joint.

SHELL laughed all the way to the bank.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember SHELL came up with "XO" grade fuel in Singapore a couple of decades ago. It was an instant winner.

Motorists used it as a status symbol.... it was like ordering Hennessy XO at the KTV joint.

SHELL laughed all the way to the bank.

now i know why sinkie dealerships and repair shops are raking easy money in replacing or repairing the emission systems and catalytic converters. thanks!

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just a while ago, i passed by shell and saw that the price of unleaded petrol is 95 cents.:o

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok lets say 12/hr..after tax lets say 20%..

so its 9.6/hr..*40 hrs/wk = 384 per wk

4.5 weeks * $384 = $1728 per month after tax...and is medical completely 100% free? or got to pay levy? in spore fresh grad now can get 2K?? ...and how expensive are houses in Canada and what is the interest rate? And in Canada,,,middle class got no maids etc,,everything DIY hor,,

sigh the grass is greener on the other side,,,
before income tax

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in Oz,,the problem is 95 and 98 is charge at a higher rate to offset the lower cost of 91,,and 1 petrol station have 5 kinds of fuel,,,91, 95, 98, LPG gas and diesel,,,therefore have a larger product line which have to cost more to maintain,,,and now with European cars,,all need 95 and 98 so the running cost also higher,,,,95 and 98 is a rip off in oz,,but in spore everything is a rip off

you'll be surprised many new cars run on 89. it's regarded as unleaded "plus" in u.s.

previously when cars rely on carburetors to regulate gas flow, "knocking" is a problem with lower octane or ron. cars these days use very improved fuel injection methods and sophisticated software to sync precise quantity, injection and sparking thus resulting in optimal efficient use of fuel with "knocking" practically being knocked off consideration. for most new cars, the fuel need not be higher than 89 octane anymore. for some high performance cars, 93 ron will give you an edge when you're racing on a private track, but not necessary for commute or day to day driving. 91 ron is adequate for a hp car.

http://chemistry.about.com/od/chemistryarticles/a/which-gasoline-to-buy.htm

attachment.php

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
How does keeping pump prices high (despite oil price bottoming) control inflation? :confused:

And how does the currency thingy link to pump prices? Even if MAS relies on currency on central bank's planning (as opposed to interest rate), get your economics thoughts straight:rolleyes:

To the layman, this tantamounts to profiteering

Who profit..?? Who takes the money...??

PAP..rite..?

If they can raise 2 ERP for one stretch of road to collect more money in Chinatown many years back, they can do
anything to squeeze us to make their numbers look good. rite..??

They are making life more unbearable for the lower income ..

My malay friend has to borrow money to pay $8000 for a motor-cycle COE..It was $1 many many years back.

The billions they collected is quietly stashed away and kept away from public glare.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U think OZland has cuisine? u got to be kidding me....

who the fuck travels 4000 miles across the ocean to eat gook food?only fucking retarded sinkies.u want laksa go to katong.i lived in melbourne for 5 months twice and i dont even know where the laksa is at or even bother to find out.theres streets full of fantastic restaurants all over melbourne and the only thing u think about is laksa?no fucking wonder its so easy to charge sinkies seven dollars for a bowl of curry chicken or laksa at toast box or the shopping mall.

koala88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is tat rate before or after tax.?

It is before tax. But does it really matters?

We are talking about petrol and car here.

The cost of getting a car on the road in SG is about [roughly] 3 times that of the same car in Australia. So the case of before or after tax is a moot point as the cost differential of the car could pay your tax for "more good years". No pun intended.

Needless to say the running cost of the car in SG is also much higher than in Australia. In Australia, cars such as Honda and Mit come with 5 years warranty. Toyota and Nissan have 3 year + 3 years extended warranty. Hyundai & Kia have 7 years warranty. What do SG car dealer offer to new car customers? I am not sure now. Can somebody update me please?

Additionally, some brands provide 24/7 roadside assist package during the warranty period. Battery flat, flat tires, run out of fuel, lost key, towing charges and taxi fare home / hotel accommodation if you are far away from your home are typically covered. After the warranty period, one could get 24/7 roadside assist for about $99 per year. This is generally not offered for cars that are more than 10 years old.

More important, there is this program called life time cap price servicing so that your vehicle maintenance cost is determined upfront. No surprises.

What it means is that during the warranty period you do not have to worry any bit about your car repairs other than that regular servicing cost - which is capped and known upfront. Come the end of the warranty period, sell that car and buy a new car and you get another 5 to 7 years of car repair worry free.

For those who purchase a 2nd hand car from the brand dealers, they get assurance like 3 years warranty. Holden Australia provides such comfort for their certified used cars. Ditto for Hyundai's certified used cars.

Hey, I have not touch on the topic of road toll. SG ERP is truly world class expensive.

I have also not touched on the exorbitant road tax in SG too. Motor vehicle tax is about $180 for a medium car and $210 for a large car in New South Wales annually. Come to think of it, compare with SG, it is truly "more good years".

So does it matter whether it is before or after tax?

Come on, I am sure you are just as familiar with what I have written and likely to be more as I am a newbie in the land of the roos and koala. Cheers!

koala88

Alfrescian
Loyal
U think OZland has cuisine? u got to be kidding me....

Bro, have lah.... There are so many degustation offers...

money only what... and EFFORT to dig it out.

Try Hunter Valley the next time you are in NSW.

Melbourne is also another place. Don't just hide in Perth and @#!X!&()

yum seng!!
干杯
Bon Appetit &
Cheerz!!