• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Benjamin's eyes refused to close.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes... I was there at the interrogation. We even had a CCTV recording. There was absolutely no evidence of torture on my policemen from that boy. We were very co-operative.

Are you saying the police is lying? In the police statement, they said clearly the interrogation was done by ONE policeman only in the open office. Not policemen. If police not lying, obviously you are lying about being there.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you know him, you would have put him in maximum security prison.

So you know him? Based on what you said that he deserved harsh treatment while the 14 year old boy should be pampered. Becos one is opposition? And please take note the nature of the alleged crime of the 14 year old boy is alot more serious and real crime, compared to Amos Yee.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are you saying the police is lying? In the police statement, they said clearly the interrogation was done by ONE policeman only in the open office. Not policemen. If police not lying, obviously you are lying about being there.

Haiz ... dear , nobody is lying... because there is no independent party at the police interrogation.

Everyone is touching different parts of an eleplant. I happened to touch the elephant balls.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haiz ... dear , nobody is lying... because there is no independent party at the police interrogation.

Everyone is touching different parts of an eleplant. I happened to touch the elephant balls.

Caught lying still got the cheek to say not lying. Just spread rumours on this case but keep mum when it is Amos yee already confirmed you are biased.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haiz ... your IQ is so high. I respect.

I just read the police statement to know one policeman interrogated the boy. No need high IQ to do that and to know you are lying and painting a picture of the boy being interrogated by a group of policemen. And most telling is you had no complaint when it was 16 year old Amos Yee.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just read the police statement to know one policeman interrogated the boy. No need high IQ to do that and to know you are lying and painting a picture of the boy being interrogated by a group of policemen. And most telling is you had no complaint when it was 16 year old Amos Yee.

You are so brilliant ! I respect !

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Without any constraints? Including the use of torture, the falsification of evidence, violation of citizens' rights, etc. Of course not dumbo!

One day the shoe will be on the other foot and you'll rue the day you made such statements. :rolleyes:

Nowhere did I even remotely suggest that the police are allowed to break the law. All I said is that they do what is necessary to get the job done.

Everyone keeps going on about citizens rights but many forget that the the rights of the victims of crime take precedence over the rights of criminals by a long shot.

You probably won't get it till you end up a victim yourself. :rolleyes:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One day the shoe will be on the other foot and you'll rue the day you made such statements. :rolleyes:

Nowhere did I even remotely suggest that the police are allowed to break the law. All I said is that they do what is necessary to get the job done.

Everyone keeps going on about citizens rights but many forget that the the rights of the victims of crime take precedence over the rights of criminals by a long shot.

You probably won't get it till you end up a victim yourself. :rolleyes:

No I will not regret what I said.

The risk of an ordinary citizen (who could very well be innocent) being abused by the police is higher than his being abused by his fellow citizens. That is why in a civilised society, there are restraints on the investigative and other powers of the police. When the state is the one doing the abuse, the risk of a successful cover up is even higher. That is why in almost all First World countries there is an INDEPENDENT police complaints commission.

Sure, there is the risk that my daughter is raped and the rapist will get away because of those restraints, but without those restraints, there is the greater risk of my son being wrongly convicted of rape or worst being acquitted but yet succumb to the stress of an unfair process and an unthinking public that wrongly believes that he is guilty and then later the real rapist confess and his name is cleared but he is still dead.

What is the right of the victim? To have someone, anyone, regardless of guilty or not, be punished for the crime allegedly committed against her?

No, the right of the victim is to have the person who actually committed a crime against her punished after a fair trial. Her right has to be so constrained because she is living in a society and if not so constrained then she may also become a victim again when she is wrong accused, convicted and punished for a crime she did not commit.

That is the risk of living in a community rather than living alone like Robinson Crusoe. Living alone carries even more risk, for when there is a snake bite, there is no doctor to be found with five thousand miles and she will die when a simple injection will do the trick.

Life like investment or speculation is all about risk management.

Sinkies will always be Sinkies, they don't even know what the fuck is the Constitution or that it even exists. Only in University was it taught, whereas in other truly First World countries, this would be taught in civic classes from primary school onwards.

[video=youtube;Hwv9XepsymI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwv9XepsymI[/video]

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
No I will not regret what I said.

The risk of an ordinary citizen (who could very well be innocent) being abused by the police is higher than his being abused by his fellow citizens. That is why in a civilised society, there are restraints on the investigative and other powers of the police. When the state is the one doing the abuse, the risk of a successful cover up is even higher. That is why in almost all First World countries there is an INDEPENDENT police complaints commission.

You are assuming that just because this twit jumped out of a window that he was abused by the police which is pure speculation on your part.

He could well have been abused by his mother when he got home so why don't you launch a tirade against motherhood for a change. :rolleyes:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are assuming that just because this twit jumped out of a window that he was abused by the police which is pure speculation on your part.

He could well have been abused by his mother when he got home so why don't you launch a tirade against motherhood for a change. :rolleyes:

No, I am not assuming anything.

On the other hand, you are engaging in pure speculation without any evidence.

The proximity of the events (jumping and being arrested) gives rise to reasonable suspicion that the two events are linked, especially if there is no indication of other problems in his young life up to that point. Police being human, their work processes can always be improved. Being human too, they can always engage in cover up with the aid of powers reserved solely to the state. That is why there must be an independent police complaints commission.

Why don't you jump out of the window instead of engaging in pure speculation. I hope the police punch you in the stomach again when they next arrest you. The effect of punches on an adolescent and on a 70 year old twit is markedly different. Even if you don't die, you'll probably be paralysed. Then a few days later, another guy confesses to when you have been wrongly suspected of, but it's too late. Then you will rue the day you rant against constraints on state power.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The proximity of the events (jumping and being arrested) gives rise to reasonable suspicion that the two events are linked,

Only in warped minds like yours.

Even if it is true that the police questioning upset him tremendously the fact remains that taking his own life was his choice and his alone. You can't blame the police for him having a fragile state of mind.

I'm far more inclined to blame his parents for spoiling him silly to the point where the slightest hint of adversity caused him to snap.

Singapore does not need such citizens so I say let's move on to more important matters.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Go read the article

Teen suicide: let our children never walk alone
By Brenda Tan

Any teen who commits suicide is good riddance. If they went on to reproduce they'd pass on their "I'm depressed and I'm hopeless" gene to the next generation things would be a lot worse for the country.